Cbd oil, memantine, rejiggering the benzo-damaged brain...dementia?

[ju...]

Been away a while. Clean but really crazy. Am 50, still on trazodone, cog function for shite, and now terrified I will become demented like dear old dad has gone and done, although major heart surgery helped this foul and evil process along. Now, memantine didn't seem to help him at all. But by somehow modifying the damage done to my glutamate regulating systems, could it or cbd oil help me?

juliad,

Congratulations on being clean and sober!  Sorry about your dad.  I'm on CBD oil for pain, tremors, anxiety, GI and appetite issues during my Clonazepam taper.  I'm not sure if it is helpful for repairing our receptors.  There's a website by a non-profit called Realm of Caring, www.theroc.us They help educate people about the benefits of CBD and they  might have more information.  Take care!

[54...]

Hi Burned Out,

When do you take your CBD and about how much?

Mine should arrive tomorrow. Thank you

I'm getting it from Mary's Medicinals in Colorado.

Hi CMGMelo  :)

I take my CBD when I get too achy, shaky or anxious.  Usually in the afternoon.  I take the benzo in the am and evening and was told not to take CBD too close to any other medicines.  I started on a really low dose at about .05ml cause I'm so hypersensitive to everything.  Now, I'm at .2ml.  Sometimes it just relaxes me, but occasionally I do get a bit sleepy.  I really hope it helps you!  Let me know how you do  :)

• 4 years later...

Hi, Yes, I found when i tapered too quickly that cbd helped me with those extreme moments of waves between windows... it does make me sleepier but it did help... Check out the mayo Clinics thoughts on cbd for withdrawal for benzos...

Do you get uptick in symptoms when first dose CBD?

It causes my head to fizz, creepy unreality to get worse, sounds to cause terror etc.

It makes muscles ‘relax’ a bit - even one drop of non THC CBD does that but also causes terrible heat along spine, sweating etc as everything else does now.