First timer

[Pe...]

5 years ago in the middle of a family crisis I was prescribed Klonipan. The Dr never told me that it was addictive and I continued taking it for 5 years. I am not a uneducated woman although I felt like one for not checking it out before putting it in my body. Now it doesn't work anymore so they switched me to Arivan which is a nightmare and I'm in my 6th week of hell trying to get off this drug. I need success stories to get me through.

Hi Penelope60  :) Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I am glad you found us. Because of its very short half life, Ativan is on of the more difficult benzodiazepines to taper from. Are you trying to taper too quickly? The recommended reduction rate is 5 to 10 percent every two weeks.

You might like to check out The Ashton Manual it is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field. 

Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, we have a wonderful community of people here, who will give sound advice. Members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

General Taper Plans

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again Welcome!  :smitten:

benzos-R-cruel