Matt Samet article on "Little Victories", plus video on benzo withdrawal

[La...]

Although I've come across Matt Samet's name numerous times, tonight is the first time I've read anything written by him. Having read five of his blog posts on Mad In America's website this evening, I can say that he's a gifted writer and a great storyteller. I'd like to post one of the articles here, entitled "Little Victories on Breezy", which also includes a 15-minute video on his experience with benzodaizepine withdrawal. Both are compelling.

http://www.madinamerica.com/2013/05/threshold/

P.S. He also appears in the trailer for the upcoming documentary called, "As Prescribed".

Thanks Lapis  :) these are the stories I can't stop reading! I find the personal accounts of this hell and recovery are far more powerful in their message and generally far more reassuring. There are far too few of them... Although I've seen both of these before they were worth a second or maybe now a third or fourth visit.  ;)  I agree he is both gifted and compelling.  I downloaded his book a few days ago...it took me awhile to get to his book.  I wasn't sure I wanted to read about the aspects of climbing. Listening to his talk again made me realize there is a correlation in his recovery that may be just what I need to read right now.  :thumbsup:

Interesting, Saga! I'm considering reading his book too, now that I've seen the quality of his writing. I agree that these personal stories are powerful medicine for the rest of us. I'm still making my way through the rest of his articles on Mad In America and enjoying all of them.