Do I have to take twice a day?

[Ho...]

I took xanax once at night but got tolorance and had breakthrough anxiety so decided to taper.  I switched cold turkey to equivalent valium 30mg. The valium is very sedating to me and I can't drive etc. on it. Can I take it just once a night? Or will that effect my withdraw?

I took xanax once at night but got tolorance and had breakthrough anxiety so decided to taper.  I switched cold turkey to equivalent valium 30mg. The valium is very sedating to me and I can't drive etc. on it. Can I take it just once a night? Or will that effect my withdraw?

Please don't drive right now. You just crossed over to Valium and it can be very sedating for a few weeks. The Valium also needs a bit of time to build up in your system.

At this point I don't think it'll matter if you dose once of twice a day. It's very long acting and this effect will just kind of swim around for a bit.

You will feel,like this for a bit weather or not you'll take it once or twice a day...

But to keep your inter dose withdrawal from the Xanax at bay, I would keep taking it twice a day for now.

My two cents,

Thanks! I actually take 3 times a day!  :-[ but doc doesn't want me to have any anxiety.

I took mine three times a day throughout my whole taper. It really is fine....