Acid blockers and Klonopin

[Ma...]

I'm weaning off the K very slowly. I have major GERD. I heard Prilosec isn't good to take with the klonopin as it can increase levels. What is a safe option to take with klonopin?

Check with your pharmacist. I am on Valium and found out Prilosec and Nexium were worst offenders for interactions and increasing levels. My pharmacist said Protonix had least interaction with Valium. I am Not sure about clonazepam so definitely call your pharmacist to be sure. I had horrible Gerd and tried antacids and high dose Zantac but it wasn't enough. The Protonix at 40 mg daily has helped me immensely and I haven't noticed any interaction with my Valium.

Yeah, some of those Proton Pump Inhibitors mess with the metabolism of benzos, either increasing or decreasing the actual serum concentration of the benzo dose.

I can't remember off the top of my head which ones don't affect benzo metabolism, but I'll try to do some quick research. For a quick answer, you could certainly call a local pharmacist and ask, but I'll see what I can find.

Lansoprazole/Prevacid should have little to no effect on benzo serum concentration, especially if you're at a low dosage, but you may want to be safe and call the pharmacy just to make sure.

Lansoprazole/Prevacid should have little to no effect on benzo serum concentration I have taken it for years but then again I been in tolerance wd for years but research has not showed me taking it would be a problem stopping it would !

I had a similar issue when I came off K. Nothing helped so I started taking notes whenever the GERD seemed to get so bad that I couldn't even lay down. There was definitely a connection between what I ate and when. Once I started avoiding those foods after certain hours (especially a few hours before bed) my problems decreased dramatically. Not entirely gone but at least 90% gone.