Monday will be 1 month benzo free!!! Update

[ca...]

Well, I am happy to say that on Monday, I will have been benzo free for a whole month!!! :thumbsup: I am really excited and doing very well! My symptoms are pretty much gone, even the numbness has stopped for the most part! I am feeling a lot better and a lot of my friends have told me that I look better and seem happier! I am just so glad to have that poison out of my system. Now, I am really starting to feel the symptoms of pregnancy (which are pretty tame compared to the benzo withdrawals!) and I am so happy to report that I have finally found the excitement in being pregnant! :yippee: My relationships with my hubby and daughter and just about everyone have really improved since I am no longer living in a fog. I hope that everyone out there is making it through this ordeal! Stay strong and keep up the good work! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :smitten:

Well, I am happy to say that on Monday, I will have been benzo free for a whole month!!! :thumbsup: I am really excited and doing very well! My symptoms are pretty much gone, even the numbness has stopped for the most part! I am feeling a lot better and a lot of my friends have told me that I look better and seem happier! I am just so glad to have that poison out of my system. Now, I am really starting to feel the symptoms of pregnancy (which are pretty tame compared to the benzo withdrawals!) and I am so happy to report that I have finally found the excitement in being pregnant! :yippee: My relationships with my hubby and daughter and just about everyone have really improved since I am no longer living in a fog. I hope that everyone out there is making it through this ordeal! Stay strong and keep up the good work! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :smitten:

Hey Carol! What wonderful news!!  :yippee: I bet it's a wonderful feeling being off the benzos!

It is so inspirational to hear that you are doing so well. You can now sit back and enjoy being pregnant AND benzo free! After going through a benzo taper, pregnancy should be a walk in the park. Well, ok, maybe that's stretching it a bit, but pregnancy is a happy journey!

It's also great to hear that your friends and family already see a noticeable improvement in you. That also has to make you feel good. Stay in touch and let us know how you progress as the months go by - post benzo and pre baby!  :)

PPJ  :)

Thank you all for your replies! I am getting more and more excited about the pregnancy every day! There are currently 8 women pregnant where I work! A random bit of news but interesting, I thought. It must be in the water! LOL! I just feel like I can't send enough encouragment and support to everyone out there. I really feel for you all and I am so sorry that you are having to go through such a trying time. I just want everyone to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we can all make it there. Quitting benzos was the most trying experience I have ever gone through and I was really lucky. After reading so many stories, I am truly in awe of how amazing and strong you all are!

Super congratulations to you and your new life without benzo's having you in its grips anymore!! Whahoo!!

I love hearing success stories like your and scouring around to find more! :)

Best wishes and keep us updated!  :smitten:

Thanks!!! I am so excited! Tomorrow is my first OBGYN appointment! I will get to find out my actual due date and hear the heartbeat!!! :yippee:

How exciting!!  :yippee: