Help!! Titration plan for .125 mg Klonopin

[Ap...]

Hello!

I was hoping to get help on how to titrate my current once nightly dose of klonopin .125mg.

I have been trying to regain my life back from psych meds for the past 3 years. 

I had to reinstate my current .125 mg dose after experiencing withdrawal effects (hallucinations, insomnia, profound irritability, and major memory loss).  I currently feel stable at this dose.

I desperately need someone who is willing to help me figure out the math or help me with a titration schedule for my specific dose.

How do I set a milk titration up for a once daily dose of .125 mg?  I want to reduce by 1 percent each day holding as necessary.

I have already read other posts and watched videos on milk titrations.  I understand the concept and the how to, just not how to calculate all of the math.  I am also still very cognitively impaired and anxious.  Any help would be literally life saving!

Thank you!

I am adding to my original post.  I noticed under the post Benzo taper plans by Colin, that he states that an individualized titration plan can be worked out for a person.  Is this still something that someone can help me with at all?

Here is my information:

I currently take .125 mg of klonopin once at night.  I dry cut a .5 mg tablet into fourths.

I would like to do a slow, gentle titration, maybe a 1 percent reduction and I am open to suggestions.

I have not gotten equipment but will look for a 100 ml cylinder and am open to suggestions as far as the increments.

I am desperate for help with the math/logistics of this.  I have insomnia and major cognitive impairment and I am a mother of two young children and a teacher.  I cannot let go of my life and I have been fighting for my life for 3 years.  I am tired of being sick due to psych meds.

Please help me.

I included the titration spreadsheet link that they use on benzosupport with the info you should enter below. Everything in the table can be adjusted if you'd like to change your taper rate. When you start the titration you should use whole milk since it dissolves the Klonopin better than water. Also , many have recommended you stay on your first milk dose for 1-2 weeks before reducing to give yourself time to adjust to milk form. Hope this helps.

http://benzosupport.org/the_spreadsheet.htm

Medication Klonopin

Valium Multiplier 20

Original Dose 0.125

Current Dose 0.125

Start Date February 7, 2016

Dry Dose 0.000

Dissolve Dose 0.500

Water in ML 100

ML Increments 0.3

Display Dates yes

I am adding to my original post.  I noticed under the post Benzo taper plans by Colin, that he states that an individualized titration plan can be worked out for a person.  Is this still something that someone can help me with at all?

Here is my information:

I currently take .125 mg of klonopin once at night.  I dry cut a .5 mg tablet into fourths.

I would like to do a slow, gentle titration, maybe a 1 percent reduction and I am open to suggestions.

I have not gotten equipment but will look for a 100 ml cylinder and am open to suggestions as far as the increments.

I am desperate for help with the math/logistics of this.  I have insomnia and major cognitive impairment and I am a mother of two young children and a teacher.  I cannot let go of my life and I have been fighting for my life for 3 years.  I am tired of being sick due to psych meds.

Please help me.

.125mg K dosed once a day.  What I would do is put the .5mg pill into 50ml whole milk.  This will make a four-day supply.  To get your .125mg dose draw out 12.5ml of milk.

I'd dose with liquid for a week or two to adjust, then when ready to begin cutting I'd begin by removing .0005mg (.05ml) each day.  You'll need a 1ml and a 10ml syringe.  No cylinder is really needed.

So how do I know how much to remove each day?

Here are my steps and questions:

I dissolve .5 mg k into 50 ml of milk. 

I divide this into 4 batches each 12.5 ml.

When I am ready, I take one 12.5 drug milk and remove .05 ml on day 1. Toss that amount and then drink the rest.

What do I then remove on day 2 from the next 12.5 ml of drug milk? And then after that? (Days 3, 4, 5 and so on)

What is the big picture?

Can you help me plug this info into this titration schedule?

So confused!

Also, what is a good daily percentage to drop at?  Shouldn't I do 1 percent for a daily titration?  I plugged different info into the above titration spreadsheet and it said 16 percent!  I probably did something wrong.  And now I am freaking out, because I don't want to do this wrong.

Also, what is a good daily percentage to drop at?  Shouldn't I do 1 percent for a daily titration?  I plugged different info into the above titration spreadsheet and it said 16 percent!  I probably did something wrong.  And now I am freaking out, because I don't want to do this wrong.

On day 1 you'd remove .05ml, day 2 .10ml, day 3 .15ml, and so on.  You remove an additional .05ml each day.

You're down near the end of the taper so forget about percentages.  They don't make sense in that range near the end.  You did not make  mistake...percentages are only a guide and they fall apart and make no sense at the end.  Just go by a steady daily cut and how you feel.  It will work fine.  .0005mg is a safe place to begin at your dose.

Thank you so much for your help!  I have a couple of other questions:

If I make a daily cut of .05 ml about how long should it take to get off completely?

If I decide to hold, does that effect the next cut or do i just pick up where I left off?

Does dissolved klonopin become inactive after a day or so?  I don't know if it would be safe to store klonopin milk to take after 3 or 4 days.

I have a 60 day supply of .5 mg klonopin so I could just toss some of those doses and make up batches every two days.

My last question is that I usually chew my klonopin, so should I hold the milk in my mouth or make sure to take it on an empty stomach?

Also, thank you for the encouragement.  I just reinstated this dose and I do not feel like I am at the end.

Thank you so much for your help!  I have a couple of other questions:

If I make a daily cut of .05 ml about how long should it take to get off completely?

If I decide to hold, does that effect the next cut or do i just pick up where I left off?

Does dissolved klonopin become inactive after a day or so?  I don't know if it would be safe to store klonopin milk to take after 3 or 4 days.

I have a 60 day supply of .5 mg klonopin so I could just toss some of those doses and make up batches every two days.

My last question is that I usually chew my klonopin, so should I hold the milk in my mouth or make sure to take it on an empty stomach?

Also, thank you for the encouragement.  I just reinstated this dose and I do not feel like I am at the end.

.125mg/.0005mg=250 days.  It would take 250 days to get to zero if you cut that amount each day.  But go by how you feel.  That is the best guide.  You may find you can go faster or need to go slower.

If you hold, just pick up where you left off.

No, the K will be fine in the milk.  As long as the milk is good the K is fine.

You chew the K? :laugh:  I've never heard of that.  I would just swallow the milk.  That is how this form of K is meant to be dosed.  No need to have and empty stomach.  It is a good idea to do things the same way, whatever habits you form.

Hi, thanks for your help again.  I am feeling immense relief.  It seems with this titration plan of .05 that it would take me 8 months to get off of .125 k.  What would the math look like at 4 months to get off of .125 mg and would this still leave me with a reasonable daily dose reduction?

I would obviously hold or even go to the .05 rate if I needed to and I know to stick with a rate.

I want a gradual taper off this small dose for the sake of my nervous system, but the k makes me feel always slightly unwell, which is something I can tolerate but I am very med sensitive and would like to be off in a way that does not trigger devastating effects on my nervous system, but that does get me off of klonopin maybe a little sooner so I can fully heal.  If I have to do 8 months that is fine.  I like milk!

Thanks again for your help and this is seeming very manageable.

If it were not for you and this forum I would be stuck, as my psychiatrist cannot help me, even though she is supportive and literally saved my life from a year of severe sleep deprivation.  She does not think I need to go this slow.

Doctors rarely realize how slow we need to go.

I'd encourage you to stop thinking of taper rate as something you choose.  Taper rate is limited by what your body dictates and that is something to be discovered, not imposed.  It will take what it takes and there really is no way to get around that so my advice is not to try.  You can push through.  That will get you to zero, but you will remain sick long after you are done, so what's the point?  Pushing just doesn't work with psych drugs.  They do not work that way.

Yeah, I am going to stick with that plan you outlined.  I was on Lexapro 3 years ago due to having post partum insomnia and depression and the Lexapro worsened my depression and I was on it for 5 months. I tapered at 50 percent while still having post partum depression. That experience was horrendous and quite literally shocked my nervous system and I could not tolerate anything or even reinstate for the next 5 months and I completely lost all regulation and could not sleep.  I hung on to my life and was saved by my current psych and it was .25 k that saved me (and excellent therapy for anxiety).  It was extremely hard to tolerate that klonopin, but it got better and I was able to eat and sleep again.  I did get up to .5 and this dose after a year and a half was causing a chemical depression feeling but that little dose of klonopin gave me my life back.  The taper I did up to.125 was way more manageable than my Lexapro taper.  Every story is different.

I do get hallucinations though like visual glitches in my visual field and I often feel mentally retarded.

It is hard to read benzo stories as it triggers PTSD.

It is hard to actually get any PTSD therapy for these past 3 years. People just don't understand.

So, I will just hang out on klonopin slowly lowering for the next 8 months.  It has been 3 years, what is another 8 months?

And who doesn't like orange milk?

The .05ml cut is just a starting point.  You may find you can go faster - nobody knows.  Give it a try for a few weeks and assess how you feel and if you think you can nudge it up or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't know if you are still out there, but I have some more questions...

It looks like I might be upping my dose to .25 mg klonopin in order to stabilize.  When I am ready i will begin to taper.  Can you tell me what I should do to taper .25 mg klonopin in milk and about how long it would take me?

Thanks!

Hi,

I don't know if you are still out there, but I have some more questions...

It looks like I might be upping my dose to .25 mg klonopin in order to stabilize.  When I am ready i will begin to taper.  Can you tell me what I should do to taper .25 mg klonopin in milk and about how long it would take me?

Thanks!

Tapering time is very variable between people and depends on how dependent you are and also how quickly you heal.  Very generally, I'd expect a taper from .25mg K to take 6-12 months.

If you tell me your pill sizes and number of doses I can suggest a plan.  Be sure to use whole milk (full fat).

I am looking for a milk titration plan that allows me to do daily cuts from .25 mg. of klonopin.

I am currently only taking .125 mg and trying to stabilize, but I might end up at this dose and so i am just wanting to get an idea of the plan now.

I would be taking .25 mg once at night.  I have .5 mg pills.

What I would do is place a .5mg pill into 50ml of whole milk.  If your dose is .125mg this is a four-day supply.  If it is .25mg it is a two-day supply.  Dose with milk for a week or two to get used to it, then, when ready to begin cutting, I'd probably try a .00075mg (.075ml) daily reduction if the dose is .125mg or a .001mg (.1ml) cut if the dose is .25mg.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I know you answered a question like this already, but do you think that if I make daily klonopin cuts at .5 ml as opposed to .05 increments would that still be a conservative cut?

I know you say go by how you feel, but I just need to know what is still reasonable in the beginning other wise I will have anxiety over the withdrawal process.

I can handle some mild withdrawal symptoms and I know I usually feel better/ sleep better the lower I get, so I don't want to drag this out, but also I don't want to screw up my brain/ nervous system by going too fast.

My other question is where do I get the syringes from? Is Amazon a good place to start? Should I go with disposable?

Thanks!

Actually I meant to say that I am wondering if a daily cut of .1 ml versus .05 ml would still be conservative and safe as a daily cut. 

Thanks

I will be dissolving .5 mg K into 50 ml liquid.  I will divide this into 4 doses of 12.5 milk each dose containing .125 mg of K.  I am currently taking .125 mg k at night.

The plan you outlined a month ago, was to take .05 ml daily cut from my 12.5 ml of milk with the .125 mg of K dissolved in it.  This would take around 8 months to taper from.  I was just wondering if it would still be a reasonable option to take a daily cut of .1 ml (as opposed to .05 ml) from my 12.5 milk dose out daily, or if this is actually too much of a daily cut.

I know to go based on how I feel, but I need to know what would in general, still be a conservative daily cut.  I just am trying to see if I can get off of this tiny dose sooner than 8 months, while being reasonable and cautious. 

Thanks

a cut of .1ml (.001mg) a day would be .030mg a month.  At your dose that is 24%, but you are getting to the range where percent does not help much anymore and begins to go higher.  It might be okay.  You could try it, but my advice is to start slow at .05ml and see how that goes first.