Need some help to start liquid tapering Valium 4 mg

[Sh...]

Thanks Builder,  i will see if i can get prescription for liquid Diazepam, coz i dont drink milk or vodka even before benzo ive got stomach trouble if i try to drink milk.  So there is no way to use just water to titrate the diazepam?

How about soy milk I think I'm ok with it. how to do it anyway!! :)

tnks, mcm

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [...]

• [Mo...]

• [bu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Builder,  i will see if i can get prescription for liquid Diazepam, coz i dont drink milk or vodka even before benzo ive got stomach trouble if i try to drink milk.  So there is no way to use just water to titrate the diazepam?

How about soy milk I think I'm ok with it. how to do it anyway!! :)

tnks, mcm

The prescription V is a great tapering product, but it might be kind of nasty if you have stomach problems.  The liquid is mostly propylene glycol.  I'd go with Builder's suggestion of alcohol/water.  Just a tiny bit of alcohol is used...about a thimbleful...the tip of your index finger to the first knuckle.  Almost none.  Just enough to dissolve the benzo.  The rest is water.

Here's what's in it.  Kind of a nasty mix...

Inactive Ingredients:

The wintergreen-spice flavored 5 mg/5 mL Oral Solution contains bitterness modifier, citric acid, D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Red No. 40, flavoring, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, sodium citrate, sorbitol, and water.

It has both PEG and PG and a bunch of other junk.  If one or two mgs were tapered at a time there would not be much of it, like the alcohol/water method.

hej everyone,

Having a not to easy day today ... day 10 of 4 mg Diazepam.. wanted to start to liquid daily titration milk or vodka (don't know yet) nausea @ night, pain under my chest, down/sad feeling.... Is this downess gone stay all the time or changing...  ? I can feel this one day or two... but not all of the time. Will the daily tapering help reduce the symptoms... especially the sad feelings I hate ... ?

Thanks !

hej everyone,

Having a not to easy day today ... day 10 of 4 mg Diazepam.. wanted to start to liquid daily titration milk or vodka (don't know yet) nausea @ night, pain under my chest, down/sad feeling.... Is this downess gone stay all the time or changing...  ? I can feel this one day or two... but not all of the time. Will the daily tapering help reduce the symptoms... especially the sad feelings I hate ... ?

Thanks !

It's very common during a crossover or after switching to feel extra sedated and down. For most people that ebbs away in a few weeks. Valium isn't a happy drug but the worst down-ness does go away getting lower in dose and after a while after switching,yes.

:smitten:

hej everyone,

Thanks !

It's very common during a crossover or after switching to feel extra sedated and down. For most people that ebbs away in a few weeks. Valium isn't a happy drug but the worst down-ness does go away getting lower in dose and after a while after switching,yes.

:smitten:

Thanks I really needed to hear that ! I wish on that moment somebody could snuggle into your body and help you carry on during hard times ! (in a shift role for example) ... x

Can I make my dose for the morning the evening before... and would it be possible to make for tomorrow and the day after ? And then keep everything in the refrigarator ?  (gonna use full milk 8 prc fat)

Can I make my dose for the morning the evening before... and would it be possible to make for tomorrow and the day after ? And then keep everything in the refrigarator ?  (gonna use full milk 8 prc fat)

Yes, you can make it beforehand. I don't know about how long but I know I was told you can make it for two days ahead without any problems. I think people on the vodka and water method make it for longer than that.

Ok. Gotta run 8)

hej everyone,

Thanks !

Hi SH, we have the same situation maybe I feel worse because at the moment i have brain zap, just finish my antibiotic feeling a bit better but very weak, so afraid to start the taper but i dont want to stuck with this medicine, maybe in a few days to hold i will keep going.  still deciding about my daily tapering or cut and hold. 

thinking of you!!

mcm

Your mix will last as long as the milk lasts.  If you use fresh milk, it would probably last a week or more.

hej everyone,

Thanks !

Hi SH, we have the same situation maybe I feel worse because at the moment i have brain zap, just finish my antibiotic feeling a bit better but very weak, so afraid to start the taper but i dont want to stuck with this medicine, maybe in a few days to hold i will keep going.  still deciding about my daily tapering or cut and hold. 

thinking of you!!

mcm

Hey,

I'm on 4 mg Diazepam now and to be able to manage the symptoms... i will start a daily tapering in a few days with 0.02 mg a day... in full milk. See how my body reacts to this slow taper cauz i think the lower i get the cut and holds will be more difficult. That 's why the change. I'm also scared to take the step but I'm gonna try anyways... got lots of response from here... so ask away... lots of people around here know what to do. Keep me posted how it's going.

Good luck to you... and up to a stress-painless taper ...

Grtz

Sh x

Your mix will last as long as the milk lasts.  If you use fresh milk, it would probably last a week or more.

Thanks Builder !!!  :thumbsup:

Started today my first day part pill part liquid fat milk... 3mg and 1 mg liquid... so still my usual amount... bit scary ... hope everything turns out okay and then I'll start Saturday for my first daily. Hope I did everything right.

Hi everyone, I started my Liquid Diazepam yesterday with combination of pill 2mg in the evening.

I drink all the 1ooml solution in my am dose-----2mg pill evening

today i started my daily reduction 2.5ml daily to see how it goes..

just a question: i only dissolve my Liquid Diazepam in water--is that ok?  and im not sure if i can make a solution a day before and keep it in a fridge or just leave it in safe dry place cause I dont know if Liquid Diazepam pink in color create a particle if prepared early or keep it in a fridge.

any insight to enlighten me please.

MCM

Hej,

How the liquid Diazepam works that I don't really know... i'm busy trying to get the habit of taking part pill 3 mg and 1 mg in liquid (fat milk) since today.. trying to experience if this works for me on a dose that i've been on since 2 weeks... if I feel confident enough I'll start daily taper in a couple of days.

I'm sure lots of others can help with the liquid variation.

Greatz & good luck !

Hej,

How the liquid Diazepam works that I don't really know... i'm busy trying to get the habit of taking part pill 3 mg and 1 mg in liquid (fat milk) since today.. trying to experience if this works for me on a dose that i've been on since 2 weeks... if I feel confident enough I'll start daily taper in a couple of days.

I'm sure lots of others can help with the liquid variation.

Greatz & good luck !

Hi!  im only on 2nd day so i coulnd say anything more at the moment, still trying to figure out about my cutting. maybe in the next few days want to adjust my daily reduction if my body will agree to drop .5mg every 2 weeks thats my doctor told me to try. 

how about you how much is your daily reduction? if you dont mind asking, because we are almost the same stage of tapering. 

hope both working ok,

especially if other BB's can give us more HELP, SUGGESTIONS AND MOTIVATIONS, depends in their experienced.

Regards...

I m gonna try a daily deduction of .02 so .98.  .96 to start... See how that Goes Maybe till 2.5 or 2... And decide then how my body respons to that.

.5 looks a lot to me in two weeks need to taper 5 to 10 % every 10 to 14 days. From 5 to 4.5 it took ten days and now for 4.5 to 4 I m taking already 14 days + a Day or three to get used to liquid milj taper. I also Needed Some time to decide but I had to push the button cauz I want of these meds and start dancing again. Lots of luck in your decision !

Grtz Sh x

Okay starting tomorrow with the first part of my taper to 3.98 mg Diazepam... tried for 3 days  3 mg in pill and 1 mg in full fat milk. Cylinder still hasn't arrived at my pharmacist ... not waiting any longer and starting. Hoping everything turns out okay !

[eb...]

I'm at the same stage of my taper as you. Recently cut from 4.5mg Valium to 4mg Valium, and for the first time in this taper I felt this cut. That familiar feeling of anxiety/dread in the pit of my stomach, sleep troubles, ugh. Familiar from my last taper attempt. Not sure why it goes this way for me, but my taper was really easy (no symptoms at all) from 10 down to 4.5, then wham symptoms start to emerge. So I'll hold at 4mg for a while, hoping to stabilize and feel better. Then maybe switch to a daily microtaper. I'm doing liquid titration using alcohol as the solvent.

Take care,

Chessplayer

Hi its my 3rd day on Liquid Diazepam oral solution using MT daily Reduction, I never feel difference at the moment coz I've always all the symptoms like insomnia, brain zap, pressure in the ear and head, spasm, nervousness- I never stabilise thats the reason why I keep going than to stuck I dont know when I will get better before i start my Liquid Diazepam tapering.  hopefully it will work easy this time.  My only concern is my sleep because if I can sleep good i feel good, i can tolerate all the other symptoms.

is anyone feel the same while you are on tapering is this normal.  i think i need to accept it while on this medicine.

I dont know what will help me get back my sleep, untill i will finish this taper.

MCM

I'm at the same stage of my taper as you. Recently cut from 4.5mg Valium to 4mg Valium, and for the first time in this taper I felt this cut. That familiar feeling of anxiety/dread in the pit of my stomach, sleep troubles, ugh. Familiar from my last taper attempt. Not sure why it goes this way for me, but my taper was really easy (no symptoms at all) from 10 down to 4.5, then wham symptoms start to emerge. So I'll hold at 4mg for a while, hoping to stabilize and feel better. Then maybe switch to a daily microtaper. I'm doing liquid titration using alcohol as the solvent.

Take care,

Chessplayer

Yep that's why i don' t wanna take any risks... i'm glad i got to 4 mg this far... symptoms like headaches, some nausea, little pain stomach sometimes.. some downess... mostly muscle aches especially my shoulder blades... damn they hurt... ! But I got to go outside.. cauz then i feel much better.. a walk, bicycle, jogg on good days... when the weather 's fine i walk dogs from the shelter... then I'm outside, i've got my exercise and making a dog very happy !

Chessplayer, if your symptoms start to appear, maybe you should stay at 4 for awhile... your cuts where always in a few days while mine took always 7 to 14 days.. already on 4 for 18 days now. Maybe things get stabilized for you in a few days. With me day 3 and day 5 were the most difficult ones. Maybe time to start a daily taper afterwards ??

Good luck !

[eb...]

Yes, that's exactly my plan. Thanks for your reply!

I think going out for a bike ride or walk would be helpful for me too... if it weren't so *cold* here!!!

Can I come out to California and stay with you for a while? <kidding> :)

Hope things continue to go well for you.

Love,

Chessplayer

Hi its my 3rd day on Liquid Diazepam oral solution using MT daily Reduction, I never feel difference at the moment coz I've always all the symptoms like insomnia, brain zap, pressure in the ear and head, spasm, nervousness- I never stabilise thats the reason why I keep going than to stuck I dont know when I will get better before i start my Liquid Diazepam tapering.  hopefully it will work easy this time.  My only concern is my sleep because if I can sleep good i feel good, i can tolerate all the other symptoms.

is anyone feel the same while you are on tapering is this normal.  i think i need to accept it while on this medicine.

I dont know what will help me get back my sleep, untill i will finish this taper.

MCM

Till now mine is changeable... a night good sleep a night bad sleep... 2 weeks ago I slept not so good... so I took melatonin for a week. Then stopped cauz i want to fall asleep of my own. What I do is put my iPod under my pillow.. got some mindfulness and bodyrelaxation on that.. so when nothing helps.. put the Ipod on.. and sometimes the first relaxation exercise is't ready yet and i'm already asleep. Every morning i do stretch exercises to wake my body up and every night some yoga for about 15 minutes. Try to get always the same sleeping routine @ night... that'll help your body to recognize what you're about to do... I'm already doing this since September 2015 and not planning anything in the evenings, just during daytime. Once this mess is out of my system.. i'll start working out again... but never later than 8 PM.. because otherwise my adrenaline raises skyhigh !

Good luck and hope this helps a bit !

Grtz

Sh