Pomegranate Extract vs Diazepam Impairment

[Wa...]

It appears that a research team have concluded that ellagic acid an extract of pomegranate can significantly improve the cognitive impairment caused by diazepam.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26828763

It's interesting to note that-

1)  the team were quite aware of  benzo impairment to make this study. All doctors should be so aware.

2)  despite this being a PubMed article no doctor will ever suggest using ellagic acid.

3)  no pharmaceutical in existence will help benzo cognitive impairment and here we have a simple fruit which  will.

I myself have been taking ellagic acid for other health reasons as I am over the benzo effects but hope this might help someone. If you do try it get a minimum 70% extract not the common 40% available. Taking twice as much 40% does not make it as efficacious as the 70%.

Good luck.

I think the study says "prevents" impairment not repairs impairment. Which is not to say that the substance can't help repair damage. The study just doesn't say that.

Another interesting link Benniejets and thanks. It may help explain my total lack of anxiety now as I have been taking it for some time. I consider ellagic acid to be one of my essential 'super supplements' and it has so many benefits. I'll just add anxiolytic to the list.

I eat fresh pomegranates every day and have done for a long time, Its not been of any relief at all symptom wise :( I also eat a lot of berries as I've always believed that their health properties are excellent -but who knows what good  maybe happening I'm not aware of  :) Black currants were give ''extremely super food'' status on a science program I watched, their heads above all other berries. Blood oranges are also excellent too :thumbsup:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks for the interesting articles.  I've heard for awhile that tart cherry juice helps with anxiety, too.  Haven't tried it though.  Does anyone know if taking ellagic acid would affect the body's ability to heal on a Benzo taper?  I think I read that EA affects the GABA receptors and wonder if that would slow down healing?

It appears that a research team have concluded that ellagic acid an extract of pomegranate can significantly improve the cognitive impairment caused by diazepam.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26828763

It's interesting to note that-

1)  the team were quite aware of  benzo impairment to make this study. All doctors should be so aware.

2)  despite this being a PubMed article no doctor will ever suggest using ellagic acid.

3)  no pharmaceutical in existence will help benzo cognitive impairment and here we have a simple fruit which  will.

I myself have been taking ellagic acid for other health reasons as I am over the benzo effects but hope this might help someone. If you do try it get a minimum 70% extract not the common 40% available. Taking twice as much 40% does not make it as efficacious as the 70%.

Good luck.

Hi,

I would like to try this supplement but having trouble finding 70% extract. What brand do you use & where to you buy it?

Thanks,

Korbe

Another interesting link Benniejets and thanks. It may help explain my total lack of anxiety now as I have been taking it for some time. I consider ellagic acid to be one of my essential 'super supplements' and it has so many benefits. I'll just add anxiolytic to the list.

How long did t take to help with your anxiety Did you have to give it time to build up first?

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten:

@[ K...]

Two brands I know are Fruit Advantage and Neocell. Both are 70% and both good. I purchased mine from http://www.iherb.com/  Hope the mods don't censor me for posting commercial recommendations. The link will be deactivated soon.

@ nova 1

I was on the improve when I started to take it but it was for heart not anxiety as I did not know it could be useful. On looking back I would say over a period of 3 months the residual anxiety experienced at times disappeared altogether. My wife tried it last night and slept like a log with a relaxed feeling in the morning. She however is not a benzo victim.

@ Korbe

Two brands I know are Fruit Advantage and Neocell. Both are 70% and both good. I purchased mine from http://www.iherb.com/  Hope the mods don't censor me for posting commercial recommendations. The link will be deactivated soon.

@ nova 1

I was on the improve when I started to take it but it was for heart not anxiety as I did not know it could be useful. On looking back I would say over a period of 3 months the residual anxiety experienced at times disappeared altogether. My wife tried it last night and slept like a log with a relaxed feeling in the morning. She however is not a benzo victim.

Thanks Wa-sup  ;D By heart are you referring to palpitations, erratic beat, chest pains etc from withdrawal ( I have this plus some ::)) or do you have a medical heart condition? And how are you doing now as looking at you signature your still not that well since you jumped or have you improved since you wrote that? I hope so, if not greatly enough to feel optimistic at least ;)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Wa-sup for the information. I hope it helps me make faster improvement. I'm in my 27th month out.  So I need all the help I can get. If it doesn't help it still is a healthy supplement from what I've read. I appreciate you sharing this.

Thanks,

Korbe

Thanks Wa-Sup for the info..

If it helps with anti anxiety..then I've got to try some!

I've heard cherry juice is helpful too, but have not tried yet...

14 1/2 months since jump..doing better but still 'blah' ....but doing better.

Nova

All the heart symptoms went after the benzo recovery but they all came back for another reason. You can read this which might explain it better

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=138668.0

Hi Wa-sup  :hug: Now I've seen it, I actually read your success story when you first posted it, and admired your strength and tenacity going through so much , and coming out the other side at peace with what was and what is. And I totally agree with you after going through this everything else will be a piss in the wind, or as you said 'A cake walk'.

I've been through tough times in life not just health wise but other stuff, nearly died a few times, and positive I was dead one time, but funnily enough that wasn't what got to me. The non health situations I thought were going to break me, and were hell, but now I know I wasn't in hell just knocking on hells door. Now I've actually entered hell, and the past times are insignificant on a rating scale. Anyway read up on coenzyme q10 and the heart It has to be ubiquinone form of CQ10.

Levels of CoQ10 are particularly concentrated in the heart. From the mid to late 30s levels of CoQ10 start dropping.  And certain health issues lead to very low levels.  It can be difficult to get enough from dietary sources. Not all CoQ10s are created equal. Some are synthetically produced from tobacco! And a recent trend has been for ubiquinol which is a reduced and unstable. This place uses only pure ingredients and ships worldwide http://www.seventhwaveuk.com/101-coq10.html

From the mid to late 30s levels of CoQ10 start dropping.  And certain health issues lead to very low levels.  It can be difficult to get enough from dietary sources.

COQ10 in particular needs piperine (black pepper extract) for proper absorption which is why I use Doctor's Best brand. Piperine is also anti-cancer and I take it separately also for that and many other reasons. In fact using piperine enables any and all supplements basically to be better absorbed especially turmeric.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/534594-benefits-of-using-bioperine/

By all means add it to your regime as it is very cheap.

Cheers

From the mid to late 30s levels of CoQ10 start dropping.  And certain health issues lead to very low levels.  It can be difficult to get enough from dietary sources.

COQ10 in particular needs piperine (black pepper extract) for proper absorption which is why I use Doctor's Best brand. Piperine is also anti-cancer and I take it separately also for that and many other reasons. In fact using piperine enables any and all supplements basically to be better absorbed especially turmeric.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/534594-benefits-of-using-bioperine/

By all means add it to your regime as it is very cheap.

Cheers

Hi Wa'pen ;D You can save money by using regular tumeric powder and black pepper, People from India have been doing it that for thousands of years, Turmeric also promotes 'Neurogenesis' but a lot of people find it problematic in withdrawal although others swear by it  :) CQ10 is best taken with some fat or oil fro better absorption. I thought you maybe interested in this, its a  scientific research paper on CQ10 and Mitochondrial. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0004250