Any remron/mirtazapine success stories.

[Ma...]

I am so sorry to hear this jc. I know my symptoms, (I'm not sure how, but I forgot about the insomnia), didn't even start for several days after my last dose.

I am in a fix myself since I can't seem to get stable on my Remeron. Went up to 4.5 last night, and I still woke up with a jolt of anxiety, nausea, and general malaise. My nerves feel "shot".  Problem is I do not want to go higher. The ultimate goal is to get off COMPLETELY.

Hope the insomnia is short-lived for you. Wishing you the best.

Seashell

Try just plain Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) or Doxylalamine. . . They're more sedating antihistamines than Hydroxyzine. Melatonin also works.

It'll absolutely pass. There's no reason it wouldn't pass. Overthinking will be your worst enemy.

Hello,

Hello all,

New here.  I have been taking mirtazpine for 3 months due to severe insomnia/hypnic jerks.  I started with 7.5, but find that 2.5mg works just as well.  However, it is no magic cure for me as I can only achieve about 4 hours sleep at most.  I have had some better days... and plenty that are worse!  Last night I slept a whopping 1 hour.  I would like to know if anyone here has experienced sleep disturbances from this medication?  Restless legs?  Hypnic jerks?  Once I figure out how to post a signature I will, but I took Clonazepam for 8 months (for post partum insomnia) and started getting horrible hypnic jerks after 2 months use.  I've been off of clonazepam for 5 months and the jerks are completely debilitating. I try to sleep without medication (I think I've been on them all in the 5 months!), but I just cant sleep.  I wish I knew if healing from this horrible condition would happen faster if I got off of Mirtazpine.  Looking for success stories from people who took this med for withdrawals and came off of it easy.  Or stories that made symptoms worse? 

I am on remeron 15 mg and want to come off but I haven't even started tapering yet

Starting this Saturday

At some point I want to get down to at least 7.5

I am sleeping

But I have burning in my chest and discomfort

I think I am in tolerance withdrawal

I am functional eating sleeping and seem normal

Heading downward on my benzo thru liquid taper

I think if it weren't for the remeron my burning would be off the charts and I would be non functional

When I did an accidental cold turkey and fast taper and didn't sleep for four straight days it knocked me out.. Then I stupidly tapered over 5 wks and was hit w acute again. Surrendering and hoping this helps my w/d and that it helps w Akathesia too. I don't have it right now. Good luck