can't eat a perfect diet

[Co...]

I need to binge once and a while. It's so annoying, but when i eat too healthy for a while and one day I feel very tired then I just need pizza or french fries or something.

God I have been struggling so much lately and now I've been binging on all forbidden foods all weekend  :-[

How do you guys stay on a low glycemic diet ? I have found that maybe eating some bad stuff once and a while is better for me to stop me from purging like this. It seems better to eat a bit of sugar stuff once and a while then be perfect and binge like this.

What are your thoughts?

[1f...]
Don't torture yourself.  Moderation is better than binge and purge.  Enjoy something yummy each day.  Even when I really control my intake, I give myself a little reward each day (usually 10 jelly beans). 

I personally think it's healthy to reward yourself with a yummy..within reason.

When my symptoms are low I eat a couple of shortbread cookie or  a couple of bites of ice cream.

I don't have enough healing yet to indulge in pizza or chocolate cake, or cheesecake, or..lol..I better stop.

Moderation is key...or....you only live once. :smitten:

Indulge just a bit every day.  Something you look forward to.  I have one square of Ghiradelli 72% Midnight Reserve chocolate and a cup of French Vanilla Decaf with hot frothy milk.  About 100 calories.  I make a little ritual out of it and truly enjoy it.  And certainly don't beat yourself up no matter what you do to get through this mess!

:smitten:

She

I've figured out how to make low-carb versions of almost all the yummy stuff that I used to crave--cheesecake, pumpkin pie, lemon bars, ice cream, etc....I can eat stuff that tastes great and doesn't skyrocket my blood sugar. And once you've cut down sugar for a while, your cravings for it will really diminish a lot--and this is from someone who really had a bad, bad sweet tooth!

If I really want pizza, I'll have a couple of slices of thin crust (Papa Murphy's delight crusts are my favorite). No need to feel like you are totally depriving yourself. I can't eat fried foods anymore, now that I know how nasty the oils they use are (really, lard would be much more nutritious and safe, I'd eat something fried in lard).

Measuring how my blood sugar actually reacts to different foods make it super easy for me to quit eating junk. I can't say I'm perfect, but if I indulge, it is minuscule amounts.

I'm still binging, I think I just need to binge now and then take a fresh start. I have an organic chocolate pudding in the frigde that I'm planning on eating.

I'm just so sick and tired of being carefull. I know it so well that i'm going to pay the price, but at this point I already feel awful and I want chocolate pudding -_- Don't know what's wrong with me. A few months back I had no problems with eating properly.

[1f...]
I wouldn't say that anything is 'wrong' with you.  I went through more than a few binges during my recovery.  There were times that I just needed some comfort foods (in mass quantity).  So I ate and gained 25 pounds.  I took that weight off the following year.

I didn't make any dietry changes eight years ago except alcohol..(never drunk much anyway)...didn't take any supplements and no meds

that's how I improved....kept things stable.

Im now a mess at 8 years that I wasn't even at 2 years off

I'm a big mess I can't stop myself, having akathesia probably caused by bad food leading to more bad food. It's like I don't care anymore.

:( how can I get back on a positive track?

It just feels like it doesn't matter, as if I'm screwed anyways.

I'm a big mess I can't stop myself, having akathesia probably caused by bad food leading to more bad food. It's like I don't care anymore.

:( how can I get back on a positive track?

It just feels like it doesn't matter, as if I'm screwed anyways.

I am going through the same exact thing. Was eating so healthy but now all I want to eat is junk. Mostly sugar...dark chocolate!to be specific..or anything chocolate. Its like some days I'm obsessed with it and it is becoming a real proble!m. I know exactly how you feel!

Dark chocolate is not necessarily bad. Unless you are like me, and the theobromine in dark chocolate is too stimulating (it is related to caffeine). You can find chocolate bars that are sweetened with stevia, and aren't that bad for you. Lily's is my favorite brand, and you can also buy them (and several other brands) on the web.

I think a lot of the drugs we are on stimulate bad eating behavior, such as binging on carbs and sugar, by messing with the metabolism. I've gained about 5 pounds over the last month also. Just dealing with all the drug and insomnia issues drains me and there is not a lot left for "self-improvement". But I really try to visualize how the healthy food I eat is making me stronger and helping me to heal faster.

Dark chocolate is not necessarily bad. Unless you are like me, and the theobromine in dark chocolate is too stimulating (it is related to caffeine). You can find chocolate bars that are sweetened with stevia, and aren't that bad for you. Lily's is my favorite brand, and you can also buy them (and several other brands) on the web.

I think a lot of the drugs we are on stimulate bad eating behavior, such as binging on carbs and sugar, by messing with the metabolism. I've gained about 5 pounds over the last month also. Just dealing with all the drug and insomnia issues drains me and there is not a lot left for "self-improvement". But I really try to visualize how the healthy food I eat is making me stronger and helping me to heal faster.

Thanks for the tip ...I will look for those Lily's bars.

I've gained fifteen pounds in about four months. That's a good idea to visualize the healthy food making you stronger. I always felt like the healthy food was helping me heal faster.....its not easy to eat healthy when you're craving junk ..ugh!😀

• 2 weeks later...

It could be that your getting sugar cravings

I keep getting them and actually get cravings for a particular cake or fruit or even a cup of tea.

Im the opposite-too scared that it will make my symptoms worse such as ezema.

I feel for you..this food issue is horrid

All the things I love

shania