World Benzo Day - publicity in the UK

[lo...]

July 11!! Thanks for letting us know, Fiona!!  :smitten:

I just wish the U.S. would be half as wise when it comes to benzos, but most doctors here have their heads firmly stuck in the sand...

Thanks so much for this link, Fiona!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I'm really feeling very positive about this. It helps me to believe that a change is coming down the line. There's nothing like the power of a large group of people banding together to spread awareness around the globe on this very critical issue!!  :smitten:

Fiona,

Good on you!  We are about the same amount of time off now and I too am reaching out to my community and trying to help others as I've healed a lot in the past year.

I very much appreciate your posts and your information from the UK.  You guys seem to be streets ahead there.

I hope this year ahead brings even more healing our way.  This is important work.

:smitten:

Ali

Thank you so much, Seeking Sanity.

I wish you well with your efforts too.  It is easier to campaign here at the moment because others are already doing so.

Onwards and upwards!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fiona  :smitten:

Fiona,

Thank-you so much for letting us know about the WorldBenzo Day article!  So glad folks in other countries are really pushing to get the benzo nightmare out into the open.  Kuddos to Barry Haslam and Wayne Douglass for leading the charge, too :thumbsup:  I plan on emailing the Doctor Oz show and The Doctor's show here in the U.S. about WorldBenzo Day in hopes they will air it on national TV and inform their viewers about the dangers of benzodiazepines!    BurnedOut

Fiona,

Wanted to let you know that I emailed both the Dr. Oz and The Doctor's TV shows here in the U.S. about the World Benzo Day campaign.  Will let you know if they respond or have anything about it on their shows.  Keep your fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Burned Out  :smitten:

LookingForward,

Just wanted to let you know that the U.S. TV show, "The Doctors" just talked today with Chris Bell, the maker of the new documentary "Prescription Thugs".  Chris' brother died from painkiller and other prescription use and Chris had problems with pain killers and Benzos after a botched hip replacement surgery.  So glad to see this on national TV here!        BurnedOut

Hi there

So pleased to hear it has been on TV.

There should be an article in the Scottish press this week about our campaign.  It was to be published yesterday but a well-known British TV celebrity died and so he was featured in all the papers. I didn't mind as I liked him very much and he had been on BBC TV since I was a girl.

Fiona  :smitten:

Fiona, it's working now! Both front and back can be downloaded and printed. You have the magic!! Thanks so very much!!  :smitten:

Pleased about that!!!

Fiona  :D :D