so kindled and sick failed detox failed reinstatement

[Hi...]

Maybe josh Lichtmann or dr Torrington have ideas? Please don't read things that are scaring you. I know you are so scared. I was talking w josh Lichtmann today. An antidepressant or antianxiety or something might not be a bad idea??

Call Matt Torrington please then josh Lichtmann

There HAS to be a way out

Forget Lyme right now

The likelihood of that is minimal

You are stressing yourself out more

Can u go to a day spa or sauna or soak in hot hot water to calm your nervous system down?

Also I heard something called the bio mat

Another guy in la is Murray Susser who does NeuroRecover or Kenn Starr. These ppl will call and talk w you and u can find a way it's just about resetting neurotransmitters. You are not screwed. Don't read things that scare you. You can do this.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Hi...]

• [Ja...]

• [li...]

• [Be...]

This is possible the worste things have ever been im standing in my gf house marching in place imm having extreme dysphoria man im this close to taking half a mg of klonopin man. Or go back on gabapentin idk if the gabapentin was helping mask the neuropathy or if this is because of the detox but things are getting worse abd worse idk if it will pass anymore  talked to matt torington assistant i dont think theres a way to reset neurotransmitters if that was the case so many people here would not be suffering. But the assistant said that she is going to help me find someplace inpatient but the problem is my receptors or kindling is so so bad im in friggin ct wd right now havent touched changed my med its been 4 weeks and its getting worse and worse

Im not worrying about lyme with. O reason i tested possitive for two bands. My skin is burning worse and worse everyday my mind is wtrapped the aakathisiaanddysphoria are so so bad my liver hurts my neuropathy is so bad

Im this close to taking kalf a klonopin because i dont knowwhat else to do the akathisia is unbearably i am calling these people you are telling me jackson

I apreciate that you are actually giving me resources i think you are the first person to ever do that

But the problem still remains that everything ibtry makes things worse so it feelslike theres something going on. Theres all kinds of info saying that herpes and epstein barr can cause worsen neurological conditions too and i have both

I need to get stable but i have a feeling that i will never be stable  on benzos i know if i took some kpin it would settle this massive akathisia but i dont understand why its getting worse and worse like daily.

Is it becauseof the phenobarbital comingoutof my system. ? I didnt have burning skin like this until i was in cold turkey and now its comingback full force. I feellike i cant breathe my mind is warping even like right now im holding oot together but theres still no hope

Jackson you knowwhat im talkingabout with the akathisia and dysphoria its not possible to push through thst

Not everyone here deals with it but those of us who do its a different ballgame its a different level of suffering and torment willing to do anything to make it stop. Anything.

Ketamine is a glutamate antagonist so it would calm glutamate storms its also very adictive same with phenobarbital plus it works on gaba a receptors so does lamictal i just dont knowwhattodo  benzo wd is far more than gaba and glutamate receptors i feel like im constantly goingbto have a seizure now

feel like i have a fever my head is squeezing every fiber and nerve is screaming. Im going tobthe hospital tomorrow but idk what they can do i been there so many times.

Jackson talk to me some more i was trying to explain to them about kindling and they said well you need to go to detox and then learn how to overcome the akathisia and terror i said its not anxiety its chemical i dont think my nervous system can handle more drugs my body rejects everything i have 50 food allergies now i never had before. Crazy. I ate a bowl of cerial today and things got crazy idk if thats why.

What do i do do i take a piece of klonopin to calm things down or do i try gabapentin again although i was this bad almost almost before i stopped the gaba except the physical stuff ohhhh

I had two positive bands for Lyme and the doc said it wasn't too bad and it didn't mean I had active Lyme, just the antibody in my system.  Hopefully it's not affecting you.  Did you have a bulls-eye rash?  I'm sure it will go away.  I had active Lyme a few years ago and didn't even get it treated adequately and it went away on its own.

Its more im my soul than my limbd but everything in my body hurts all my joints and muscles my skin is on fire ever since i got out of detox its been gettingworse and worse i think reinstating made it worse even though it eas onlyphysical pain anymoreeek i feellike i need to updose again its crazy but i think the phenobarbital really messed me up i dont think i can stabilise on this dose at all im at the er but its going to be till 6 in the morning im pooring sweat its the terrorand akathisia but not in my libs rightvnow just my soul im going to have to detox but idk how im going to make it through that. I feellike i need to take some klonopin

Lyme doesn't go away on its own it just goes into hiding antibodies means you have lyme but yeah that means it could not be active as in you dont have symptoms but it doesn't go away on its own. Its very hard to get a active reading

I hope i dont haveit either but its hard to believe this severityof symptoms is happening on so many benzos. Going up causes more symptoms but less symptoms i dont understand. It takes the burning away and the torment but not the physica

What's your issue with Klonopin ?

You have taken it in the past but it caused a problem ?

Akathisia can be caused by many things, including withdrawal from benzodiazepines. When is it the worst, between the doses ?

Klonopin is long acting for most people. But I wouldn't recommend mixing Ativan and Klonopin, especially on your own.

I think people have suggested a switch to Klonopin, but for whatever reason that wasn't an option ?

Then again, I recall reading that the methadone was calming. I don't know, it could play a role.

I'm well aware of the standard advice to get off the benzo first ... but maybe you could get off the methadone first ? Polypharmacy ... what is doing what ...

I think Klonopin is often used for non-benzo related akathisia in inpatient psychiatric settings. But be careful ...

I have EBV too. Chronic fatigue type stuff and IC.. Lots of medical stuff lots of mental anxiety

Talk to an old timer.

The thoughts can drive the sxs more intensely

I have felt it

I went to a mtg last night

I am not even an addict .. Took .5 Ativan 3 times a week cold turkey and kindled

I don't know I will let u know what I can do

Doc said liquid taper over 500 days to get off 5mg

the amino acids can and do help reset things

I have talked to hard core addicts who were helped by NAD

Inquire at dr Richard Mesteyars officecor Kenn Starr. It can help all underlying mitochondrial issues

It sounds like you are smart.. Too smart for your own good bc of overthinking :)

So hard when u have Akathesia. I would tell the hospital u are suicidal so they just keep you there - no more meds just observation to feel safer???

Good luck

Its not just physical akathisia its mental also like im sedated and tired but im in terror wherever i am i need to escape out of my body.

Its almost like im paradoxical now i dont feel any different after dosing. I was in er last night and they said from all myssymptoms swollen glands and joints and pain that it sounds like im having an autoimmune response to hep c that might bd true but i need inpatient help and there nowhere for me to go im in extreme disphoria i thought i was going to die last night how sick i was and went to hospital and they said i need to followup outpatient how much of this is related to benzos idk but its gettingworse and its like my body is rejecting benzos or something my vital signs are stable mostly but i cant move everything is flashing and visual mental disturbances i cant eat  keep peeing how could i be in withdrawal if im on ativan? My symptoms are just as bad as in detox almost

i would get off the methadone first if i wasn't in excruciating pain i was in a similar situation after my last detox i tried to reinstate this was over a year ago and it made things worse butits scary when theres no place to help the er wont believe me of the benzo paradox what is going on? My heart hurts i cant poop anymore i pee constantly i burn all overi kknow im having high levels of glutamate and stuff but my brain is turning on me and ive never been in this much physical pain. Joints swollen and muscle weekness swollen neck and lymph nodes im tryingto find help but i cant find inpatient place

Hey man , what i know off its that pheno or any other antipshicotic causes akatisia this is what i know and had passed trough

i know from my experience too that topamax and some others from that class do the same .

" You should rely on just one option of med to relief and cope with the withdrawal from all others prior to stop ur relief , while ur passing trought the detox of the other meds you should choose just one to relief

When u done with all others , then u should taper ur resort , i saw many times that people use benzos for withdrawal of opiates , but then u r the case that suffer from benzo withdrawal too, i cant recommend benzos because im very ill because of those meds too .

But im seeing that ur suffering to much for a long period of time, in your position you have to make a choice bro , maybe rely on benzos to stop all the other ones, maybe rely on lyrica "

What you buddies think about what im saying above to him  ? in my eyes is the way to go .

.4 the akatisia you should use  biperiden(akineton) or levodopa (for parkison diasese or extrapyramidal symptoms that can be caused by the use of any antipsichotics) take it from 8 to 8 hours , 2 mg should handle , if not take 1 mg more or 2 maybe <

i reinforce the use of them for you to handle the akathisia thats awful, for me when i stopped antipsichotics that i was forced to use

i had an extrapiramidal sindrome, i was still having symptoms linked to it for about 3 months after stopping them and i had to rely on biperiden(akineton) to pass trough it

I dont know about about this paradoxical effect from benzos i dont know what is that paradoxical effect , never read about it .

maybe u still having bad symptoms because of stopping the antipsichotic ( ? )

What are you on at the moment ? still what is on your signature ?

The biperiden(akineton) used for parkison and extrapyramidal sindrome u should keep taking while you having those symptoms of akathisia

Yea I think your ideas are good

Chris I have the swollen glands etc at the end of the week when I am overtired etc

If you have hep c that complicates things I imagine

Go to another ER and tell them you are crazy and feeling homicidal and suicidal due to your sxs.

Believe me they will keep you or u can sue their ass

I know someone who was released and sued for a lot of money

Tell them u need help badly and u are going to going to go crazy if they don't keep you and help you.

They will get u a bed. I promise...

If not u need to pick one plan of action and take it. Alternative to meds wouldn't take you???

I know it's crazy expensive but that is what cc are for. They helped a very very sick 83 lb woman into health. I know this is worse than hell for you.. I pray for you.

The joints in my body crack all the time from the Lyme I had.  I know it can cause an autoimmune problem after it's gone and maybe cause swollen joints?  Idk.  It can also cause neuro Lyme and leave lesions in the brain.  I might have that, too.  I hope you can get some help soon.  God bless you. 

Thats what im afraid of is neuro lyme

No phenobarbital is not an antipsychotic its a barbiturates its like benzo

I dont think things are going to settle down ive been off gaba for a month im on 7.5mg ativan and 39mg methadone the akathisia i have is more like  evere inner restlessness turmoil terror i been reall sick. I know the only way off for me is a detox cant find one

Maybe someone can help you find one that takes care of you long enough ?

And again, my suggestion to get off the methadone first ... maybe I'm wrong, who knows. But polypharmacy is bad, as a rule. Who knows what is doing what.

Ya but this got worse after my benzo detox attempt it feels like benzo withdrawal full blown i mean my heart rate and bp are insane i trying to reinstate gaba idk....

Deniz mentioned levodopa for the akathisia.  I don't know if it would help but it may be worth a try.  I've taken carbodopa/levodopa for years for RLS with no problems.  No problems if I don't take it either, except that I have RLS symptoms if I don't. 

Does it help with inner restlessness or is it for legs only cuz akathisia and rls are differentbvi guess idk i know nobodyhere can tell me what to do but the bbenzos are so deeply engrained into my psyche  that i try to take more even tnough it doesnt help

I feellike i need to go inpatient to get off this stuff but idk what other issues im having that are co factors i know im going to be in for massive amounts of suffering but im getting worse and worse.  Its like im waiting for it to end and idk whats being caused by what i dont think im eligable for a slow taper. Its scaring me how much worse its getting after tarzana just by resuming my usual dose im so kindled that the glutamate is like destroying my body so is this going to get better if i do somehow manage to make it through a detox

RLS is a central nervous system disorder. Levodopa is also prescribed in much higher doses for Parkinson's.  It helps with restless legs but drugs don't have the capability to target just one part of the body, they'll hit your whole body because they go into the bloodstream.

Of all the meds I've seen people suggest here, carbodopa/levodopa or maybe even Requip (another Parkinson's/RLS) are both relatively benign.  There are warnings of needing to taper if you Google this class of drugs, but I have never had a problem not taking it.  Except the symptoms of RLS show up, of course.

Challis99,

What kind of dose do you have in mind ? In the order of magnitude ?

I have my own issues and actually wondered if levodopa would help.

Seems like maybe getting on a non benzo Med rather than upping benzo at this point

Gabapentin seems like a better option if it can help calm the Akathesia or even an antidepressant like remeron or lyrica etc. not good to be on meds but right now u gotta get stable ll

Torrington seemed to think a Long long pheno taper could help

I wonder if flumanezil is worth a shot

I don't think u have Neuro Lyme or anything like that try not to scare yourself

I have two bands positive too and it doesn't mean it's positive unless u live in Lyme country

Look at all the success stories. People survive and thrive and u will too. Find a safe place to be and trust the doc. Sounds like the antiparkinsons med is pretty benign. Sorry you are suffering. It's awful.

Challis99,

What kind of dose do you have in mind ? In the order of magnitude ?

I have my own issues and actually wondered if levodopa would help.

I usually take 1mg of Requip at night for RLS.  On a bad night I take a 25/125mg carbodopa/levodopa in the evening if the symptoms start up early.  I've taken the Requip for a number of years now.  My wd symptoms weren't as bad as others here and I've often wondered if the Requip made the difference for me.  Near the end of my taper and for a few months afterwards my doctor upped the Requip as high as 9mg because the RLS was so aggravated by tapering, but it's been back to 1mg for quite some time now.

Remeron, Propanolol, Congentin, Benadryl are all treatments for akathisia. Whether they help withdrawal induced akathisia I haven't been able to verify.

Have you tried like 100mg of Benadryl? If you haven't that's OTC and definitely worth a shot.

Ya but this got worse after my benzo detox attempt it feels like benzo withdrawal full blown i mean my heart rate and bp are insane i trying to reinstate gaba idk....

Please don't do that, Chris.  You've already gone that route, and you were on it for a long time too.

Do you remember how it never helped you one bit and, in fact, just caused you so much more anxiety?!!!  How desperately you wanted to be off it, do you remember that? 

Trying to help you think clearly, Chris, you're finally off it now, one less evil drug in your system.  Don't go back there.

Can you explore Challis' suggestions instead?

:smitten:

Hey bro

As abcd is sayig above , you already tried the gabapetin route and it didnt go well , maybe made you worst

You are already reved up by meds. what im trying to say, "or we "are trying is that you have to know well or direct you in the best way to reach your goal .

First you should really choose an aid for that akhatisia that your feeling, from there you go next

Its hard to say that but for me you should stay on the benzo while you are tapering and withdrawing from methadone , when things settle down in your brain, than you think on your next step )

Remeron , i dont know ( maybe it do good on your mood and anxiety of going trough all that stuff) but i really dont know . anyway if u choose to take it for those reasons , im having troubles to start an Ad without benzos

Propanolol, Congentin, Benadryl are all treatments for akathisia. Whether they help withdrawal induced akathisia I haven't been able to verify. As i know , levodopa / Biperiden are used for induced akhatisia , so you will not need more for that issue

"I think to myself ,as inpatient the doctor will give you exactly what you are asking for ? or he will prescribe you only what he want ? "

I mean I know it may sound too simple and you may have already tried it but HAVE YOU tried benadryl (diphenhydramine) for the akathisia? like 50-150mg every 6 hours?

I DO NOT think another DETOX is a good place for you. Unless they're going to keep you indefinitely, which they won't. . . . You really need to see a neurologist or something. Lyme disease is probably a stretch considering the other variables.

IF I WERE YOU (IN MY OPINION) I'd find a good doctor or any doctor willing to listen to what you're telling us and make it my #1 goal to get stable on whatever, you're clearly not going to be able to taper in this position. It would be criminal to advise you otherwise. I would consider every option to get stable and feel normal for a good long while before I even thought about tapering benzos. . . and I would NEVER consider detox a viable option ever again.

ALSO Please if you haven't, try the benadryl!

I keep telling you guys  im not stable and there is no way for me to get stable once you are kindled this bad and no amount of benzos brings you relif you are effef. Im in the hospital right now and they are trying to see it they can help me i cant taper outpatient you dont understand that the pills are makingme sicker but i have an oportunity right now yo ask for what kind of treatment i wan. Like what meds thet are think I about trying tovstabilizw or cross over or stsrt a detox here i know i have to go through pain but im askig for options a semi rapid valiom taper with anti seizure meds? Namenda? Or phenobarbital for a few weeks the antiseizure med what is best if your kindled i have to getboff they are litterally killing me fast i started the gabapentin again it calmed me down a little idk....