Need help setting up LT Plan.. too much brain fog

[Sa...]

I've read researched about Benzo WD, ordered, have the supplies to do a LT. I'm stable, functional moderately around house, light cooking, eating, light cleaning and such. (can't hold a job) Taking 2.5 mg. Clonopin at this time q 8 hrs. I need help setting up a LT plan for a slow taper. I do have a Dr. who told me to just cut off.50 mg at a time but because of the research I've done have not done this.   

Thank you !    :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sa...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [In...]

Water I guess.....I'm confused ,Is one prefered/ better over the other? Ex.does K dissolve better in milk than water.  Also dose it matter how much of liquid I use? Noticed some choose 100ml some 200, what determines that, preference? does liquid amt. in any way change the strength of what I drink. Sorry these probably seem simple to figure out.  I'm mainly having difficulty with simple math at this time... so frustrating!    I dose 3 x per day every 8hrs . @ 7am .75mg,  3pm .75mg then 11pm  1mg.  My body is pretty sensitive to being late on dosing schedule, once was  2 hours late on the next dose,  put me into fairly moderate between dose WD. Too I'm not sure when doing LT, how my body will handle the gap 2- dry 1 mg doses with the 3rd (dropped) to .50mg for the LT part.

Water does not dissolve K.  It can be made to work, but there are better liquids.  Whole milk is a good one, or you can dissolve it in a little alcohol then dilute with water.  There are also other choices.

How do you get .75mg K doses?  Do you have .5mg pills?

Yes, .50 mg pills. I've only been on the 2.5 mg dose for 18 days. The rest 15 yearson between .05 and 1mg/ day. and not always taken everyday until Jan 5, 16. Never went over prescribed amt. Now since 1-5-16 can't miss a dose or WD. ...found out that doesn't matter, Slippery slope!

What you could do is liquify one of your .5mg pills to make a two-day supply of .25mg, then for each dose take .75mg dry and .083mg wet.  You could do this by putting the .5mg pill into 50ml liquid and split it in half and save 25ml for tomorrow.  Then take the remaining 25ml and split it evenly three ways, one for each dose.  The total for each dose would be .833mg K.

I'm confused. This may be a bit difficult for me at this time, (brain fog) to figure out how to drop "daily" I was wanting a plan were I taper one day 1ml, the next 2ml, then 3ml and so on.  I'm sorry you put out time to help. I need to dissolve the same amount in same amt liquid each day than WD by micro taper.  Thank you so much. Do you have any plan like the 1 ml one day, 2 ml the next, 3 next,...so on

I understand you are getting my 3 doses equal so stability remains in blood levels/ dose.  I just want to better understand how does .5mg in 50ml liquid (I'll use whole milk)split in 1/2doses of 25 ml= .083mg wet?    And do I draw up .083mg to divide it 3 ways(if even possible) or just eyeball and pour in 3 jars for my 3 daily doses      So this cuts 1 ml off my total dose?  How long do i hold at cutting 1 ml?  also how do i figure my next drop?  Sorry so so so many ?'s    Thanks for patients

I'm near tears because can not even do simple math right now.  Thank you so much for your help. It's relieved a lot o the stress.

Sorry if I am moving too fast.  I have done it so many times it is second nature and I forget how confusing it can beat first.  It will come to you.

Milk is a good choice.  Be sure to use whole milk, not reduced fat.  When you put .5mg into 50ml it makes 50ml=.5mg.  This means each ml will contain .01mg K.  This keep the numbers easy.  So to get .083mg you would dose 8.3ml since each ml contains .01mg.  I have not talked about cutting yet.  The first thing to do is liquify and begin dosing to get used to it.

As for cutting, what is usually done is to make a liquid and cut some fraction of it with syringes.  They are very accurate.

So for each of my 3, daily doses I would take .75 mg dry and draw up 8.3 ml (in syringe) for wet?  And this right now is just to re stabilize my system to get it ready for tapering?  Sorry, seems I keep repeating just do not trust my cog fog brain.

You're doing fine.  Yes, you've got it.  Each dose would be .75mg dry + 8.3ml (which is .083mg K).  The total for each dose is .833mg.  Three of these a day is 2.5mg.  Yup, for now just switch to liquid and get used to it.  It is common to feel the switch, although you are just switching a small portion.  We don't really know why this happens.

Hi, took my 7am dose as scheduled, .75mg dry, 8.3ml liquid. After shaking the mix there were a lot of bubbles, I imagine will be even more next dose that there will be less liquid.  My question is is it possible for you to figure out my dose using 100ml milk instead of (50ml)? (don't mind using more milk) I'd feel more comfortable....My thinking is the less liquid to pull from may mean more medicine gets in one pull than the other 2 and then I'd actually be under dosed at some point in next 2 pulls and into interdose WD. I take 2.5mg/day, use .50mg tabs, dose every 8 hours.... 7a, 3p, 11p.  Thank you!  :)

If you use 100ml then you would just double the dose amount, from 8.3ml to 16.6ml, to get the same .083mg dose.  When you do this you would lose the fact that the ml amount and the mg amount are the same when moving the decimal point (which you might not care about).  I really don't think it is necessary as the K is dissolved, but if you feel more comfortable it can be done. The .5mg/50ml strength is fine for cutting with a 1ml syringe.

Another thing - it is a good idea to give it time to dissolve.  Preparing the dose the night before is a good habit.

I did mix my dose last night to give more time to mix, plus not a morning person. 

Could you/do you mind showing me how the ml and mg won't be the same using 100ml, when moving the decimal point?  Show the math?  I like to see how things work, a quirk!  Thank you!

.5mg in 50ml is .01mg/ml - each ml contain .01mg K.  With this, the mg amount will always be the same as the ml amount when the decimal point is moved over two places... 1ml=.01mg; 2ml=.02mg; 8.3ml=.083mg.  So when you know the ml amount you also immediately know the mg amount by simply moving the decimal place.  This is why I chose .5 and 50.

With .5mg in 100ml, it is a .005mg/ml solution - each ml contains .005mg K.  It is not so readily known what the mg amount is since the numerals are no longer the same...  1ml=.005mg; 2ml=.010mg; 16.6ml=.083mg.  You have to do math in your head.

But, like I said, you may not care about this.  Once you get used to it the ml amounts become familiar and where you are with actual dose may not matter much to you except to check once in a while.  You may begin to think of dose and cutting in terms of mls, which is fine.

I see now, thank you!  So far the added 8.3ml liquid added to the .75mg is holding the in between dose WD 4 hours longer than before, Nice!  :thumbsup: Will see what the next few days bring. 

Any Idea how long I should see how switching to liquid works before I start  LT? 

Symptoms can lag by quite a few days so it makes sense to give it a week or two to get clear of this period.  That's what most people do.  Trust your instincts on when you think you feel ready.

Okay!  Sorry so many questions. After I took my 3pm dose I checked the last amount, 8.3ml and it's 1.1 short of being the 8.3.  will this make a huge difference in respect to WD. I used a graduated cylinder, (thought they were exact? and did not spill any.  I practiced with it last evening H20. Will missing that amt. make a difference?  Guess when I make next batch i'll add 1.1 ml more milk.   

Did you get 50ml for the day?  If so, don't even worry about it.  You got extra on another dose.  If it is truly missing, as a one-time thing that should not be a problem, but I'd still put it back if possible, although I don't see how since you are taking the whole pill and have no discard to make up for it, right?  You'd have to use another pill?

You want to be using syringes to measure (1ml and 10ml).  They will be more accurate than the cylinder.

Figured out my mistake.. on the 10ml syringe, was counting the tics between the whole numbers as 1 tenth when actually they're 2 each. So my morn. dose was 8.6ml instead of 8.3... Darn brain fog.  Thanks again for all of your replies, help!!

BTW, are you measuring each dose with a syringe?  This is not necessary.  Once you have the dose for the day you can just split it three ways and eyeball them even on the counter.

Hi, So far so good, my body is having some mild tolerable adjustments to the change, In morning MILD SX because (assume) since my night dose dropped from 1m to .083mg. Also after my 3pm dose, I'm now asleep by 8pm.

I see you say no concern over each of the doses needing to be measured , just eye ball them. I guess everything the dosed liquid touches a bit of the K residue is left behind. I'm still a bit concerned about 3 milk doses not each measuring 8.3 ml.... but when I practice with water (to make sure I've done everything correct) then draw out the 3 doses, each come out exactly to 8.3ml. Could the reason be, that the pill fillers absorb some of the liquid (milk)? 

If you measure out the full dose for the day it does not need to be remeasured.  Good point about K being lost on surfaces.  Be sure to rinse an drink the rinse from the containers.  Some people even rinse the syringes.

No, I don't think the pill fillers are absorbing milk.  They take up volume too.  Glad it is going good so far.