Who has the benzo belly and look more than pregnant?

[...]

I had it for the first 13 months. Now it comes and goes. Low carb diet helps me a lot when I have it. When I have it I can barely eat cause I get full and even more bloated after a few bites of food. Low carb doesn't seem to do it nearly as bad. I had some potato chips today and now it's back in full force. Damn it!

• 2 weeks later...
NOT GAS ,GAS DOES NOT WEIGH 15# WHICH IS WHAT THE ADDED FAT IN MY BENZO BELLY WEIGHS . IT SAYS EXCESS CORTISOL CAUSES FAT TO ACCUMULATE THERE,BUT DOES NOT GIVE A GOOD SAFE WAY TO REDUCE THE CORTISOL. IF YOU FIND ANYTHING THAT HELPS PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS ITS UNCOMFORTABLE AND I HATE IT !!!!!!

NOT GAS ,GAS DOES NOT WEIGH 15# WHICH IS WHAT THE ADDED FAT IN MY BENZO BELLY WEIGHS . IT SAYS EXCESS CORTISOL CAUSES FAT TO ACCUMULATE THERE,BUT DOES NOT GIVE A GOOD SAFE WAY TO REDUCE THE CORTISOL. IF YOU FIND ANYTHING THAT HELPS PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS ITS UNCOMFORTABLE AND I HATE IT !!!!!!

That is the exact weight of the fat that has accumulated around my belly, and I absolutely hate it. I would love to know what can reduce cortisol as well.

In some other forums are also said, that it is some fluid in the abdomen and exessiv gas.

After i eat, i think my belly explode.

you don't have it?

I don't have any fat on my belly, but my belly looks like i have swallowed a football.

Peppermint capsules have help me, but i don't think it will work against the fat.

Oddly, it is a relief hearing others talking about this as a symptom.  It's so easy for me to blame "getting older" or perhaps I've changed my diet, but I've been trying to avoid the various things that the internet said could cause it.  Ie, they say that you could be either lactose intolerant or else have wheat allergies and should go gluten free, but I have tried both of those and it doesn't seem to have any change on this darn belly.  But then when you keep searching, it lists all sorts of cancers that can cause this belly and I just didn't want to go there.  Soooooooo....yes, it would be comforting to know that this could be caused from the benzos, but how do you get it to settle down?  I'm 13 months out and basically only dealing with one last symptom that will NOT let go.  It's the tight vice grip on the upper torso.  It goes around my entire torso and up my neck so wondering if perhaps this and the belly will let loose about the same time since the both are pretty darn annoying.  I will continue to follow this thread in hopes that someone will know how to change this crazy symptom.  Dieting does not seem to be the answer.  Nor does exercise.  Yikes!

SuchaMess, i have also similar symptoms with the torso and neck. For 1,5 it was the whole thorax. Now my left neck and the heart area are often in massiv tension(intercostalnerves,fasica, i don't know)specially after a meal.

Do you have shortness of breath or heart palpitations with this symptome?

Have you tried your thoraxmuscles to stretch?

I know people say different things what benzo belly is, what's with yours?

Do you have gas/bloat(after meal), look pregnant, a unconfortabel feeling, pain or do you think it is all fat?

Can you describe it a bit, i need more infos.Thanks.

BttR,

I don't notice anything different after a meal in the form of the benzo belly changing, getting bigger or anything different.  It just always seems to be there.  I have noticed that just recently, I'm feeling so bloated after my evening meal, even if I nibble on just a salad, so not sure what that is all about.  It's only been going on for the last week, so not sure if that is a change coming on or what, but yes, around and around in circles I go.

I have definitely had heart palpitations and shortness of breath in this withdrawal process, but nothing that I have connected to the benzo belly or the tightness.  I don't have those symptoms like I use to and really...everything has seemed to settle down for the most part at this 13 month point, other than this huge belly and the vice grip on my upper torso.  I suppose I shouldn't complain if I just have the two symptoms, but sure would be nice to have these finally fade so I know this is really something that passes.  After many months of it being the only symptoms, you start wondering if they will ever end. 

As far as the stomach, yes, it could look a bit like early pregnancy although at my age, I don't think people think I'm pregnant.  <sigh>  I can get random gas/bloat but it never goes down.  Don't think it is all fat or if so, the rest of my body is drenched in fat like this. 

I've tried diet change, diets, exercising, anything I can think of, but hopefully it is from the benzo w/d and will settle down EVENTUALLY.  Has anyone had it for a length of time and then had it start to go away on its own, or do you do something special to get rid of it.  Oh yes, someone had said to drink two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar a day for a month but nope...that didn't fix it either.  Any other suggestions that have worked for others?

For me, benzo belly is a huge belly, like pregnant, i gets bigger with stress, everytime i eat and drink.

I think it is not only gas i there, also fluid. the core muscles get also tight like a spasm. It is very uncomfortable, sometimes i have shortness of breath when i walk. It is also painfull and makes life not great.

I have had benzo belly on and off.

Some months I can't close my pants and I look like in about to give birth to twin ponies.

And other times my pants just fall off my behind.

The bloating feeling is really upsetting.

I think in general benzo belly is the accumulated fat around that area , to do with cortisol.

But people who are bloated and swollen also refer to it as benzo belly?

I've had benzo belly for quite a long time. It doesn't seem that gas causes it for me. I can go to the bathroom fine, but even when my stomach is empty, it feels full. There's also discomfort there. I noticed yesterday that there was a lessening of discomfort, and my lower back felt better also. It seems that there might be a connection there. I wish it would go away.

Does anyone else have few hunger pangs? I get a hunger pang every once in awhile. I could go 12 hours without eating, and I wouldn't get a hunger pang. I never know when I'm really hungry. At times I've gone too long without eating or haven't eaten enough. and I start feeling weak. Then I have to eat right away.

Like Cool, I feel even more full after eating even when eating a small meal.

• 3 weeks later...
My benzo belly has been back in full force for over a month now! I also would just have 15 lbs of fat there but if is more than fat. It is bloating and water retention. I feel like it's crushing my organs. I'm skinny everywhere else except for this fat basketball of a belly. It makes me so self conscious! Low carb helps with the bloating part but I can't lose the fat. It's almost impossible for me to lose any weight especially from my belly. Low carb used to melt fat off my stomach not anymore.

Yep, I'm still looking pretty darn pregnant.  I know it is easy for me to start blaming everything going wrong a year later on benzos.  Perhaps it is, but I went searching on what else could cause this "benzo belly".  Came up with parasites, so I started a parasite cleanse, but nope...that doesn't seem to be the answer either.  I'm getting so desperate to try anything since it doesn't matter what diet I try or how little I eat or how I exercise, it just won't go away.  I mean nothing will even touch it. 

Is there any one out there that has had this for a long period of time and then it just sort of went away?  That would be the most ideal solution.  I am still having other symptoms too that I imagine are still benzo related, but since they are the type of symptoms that hang on for the longest amount of time, I'm just not sure if they will ever go away after being around for MONTHS.  (tightness and pain in the upper torso is my worst).  I really thought that after a year off Xanax, that I was going to feel like I was on the mend, but these last symptoms don't let go and in the beginning days, I would go through symptoms quickly and move to the next symptom.  It wasn't fun, but at least you would feel change.  Now, I just feel like I'm stuck in this one rut.  I'll continue to read in hopes that someone comes up with hope for all of us. 

SuchaMess, what are you eat on a day? 

What for a parasite cleanse have you done(herbs,...?)?

Have you become more bloat when you took an anti-parasitic?

I would say that my belly, histamine intolerance/food intolerance and stiff neck are my last symptoms.

The tightness in my thorso/sternum is gone, i think last year, but i had it also.

Are you and this people on this thread, to pee normal on the day or is it lesser?

SuchaMess, what are you eat on a day? 

What for a parasite cleanse have you done(herbs,...?)?

Have you become more bloat when you took an anti-parasitic?

I would say that my belly, histamine intolerance/food intolerance and stiff neck are my last symptoms.

The tightness in my thorso/sternum is gone, i think last year, but i had it also.

Are you and this people on this thread, to pee normal on the day or is it lesser?

I have playing around with diet for awhile to see if it was any of the usual culprits.  I have been gluten and sugar free for awhile.  I've starting avoiding dairy to see if that could be it, but no, so far, it doesn't seem to be any of those.

When you say that the stiff neck is part of your last symptom, how long have you had that same symptom.  I think that's what I'm concerned about.  Symptoms changed so much in the beginning months, but now I seem to be STUCK in a rut with the same symptoms just not getting any window and just staying there.  If I could get some relief off and on, I could think that perhaps it's working its way out, but no...these last few symptoms are hanging on.  The Benzo belly and upper torso stiffness and pain, but it does go in to my neck off and on, which is why I was asking how long that symptom has hung on for you.

Actually I pee more than normal and wake up several times a night to pee.  Someone had said that was a common symptom awhile back.  I guess I've just gotten so use to it happening, but I just accept that one.  But yes, that would be nice if that went away too.  HA

I had the thorso thightness 1,5 years or so but my other symptom, on the left side of the Body, from stomach up to the neck, I think it comes from the fascia and i think i have this problem for withdarawl but it would be trigger from it, plus the histamine and food intolerances.

Now im trying some stuff for benzo belly, i will let you if something is working.

Have you try probiotics?

This tummy of mine is ridiculous , i thought it was slowly going down then last week it was back again, i don't look 7 months pregnant , i look 9 months, my all over body has got bigger yet i hardly eat anything , my feet and hands are not swollen so that's a relief but why this so big yuk!!!!!  over 9 months out now nearly 9 months and 2 weeks , i have started to sleep a little every night ,about 3 hours and it's wonderful as i was sleeping only twice a week and it was only 2 hours those two nights ...i feel much better , the throaty thing and dry cough is back and breathless also the vibrating a little in my feet and legs , but not nearly halve as bad so i wont complain ,it's just the sleep , i read people are getting hit with insomnia again after it went away ,and they slept 8 hours a night ...anyone else being hit with insomnia again . :(:)