started proscar again and w/d symptoms seem worse maybe this is why

[ca...]

Took proscar for years then backed off this last year. After about a week on it w/d symptoms seemed to flare. I would expect proscar (finasteride), avodart and propecia which is a reduced finasteride dose for hair loss to have the same effect. These drugs for prostatic hypertrophy are widely used and there are reported side effects of brain fog and depression. Here is a link which is most interesting about this. IT really caused a flare of my tinnitus and gi problems          propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=668

Removed active link

Took proscar for years then backed off this last year. After about a week on it w/d symptoms seemed to flare. I would expect proscar (finasteride), avodart and propecia which is a reduced finasteride dose for hair loss to have the same effect. These drugs for prostatic hypertrophy are widely used and there are reported side effects of brain fog and depression. Here is a link which is most interesting about this. IT really caused a flare of my tinnitus and gi problems     www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=668

Removed active link

Hi catfish,

Geez, sorry to hear about your renewed w/d symptoms.  That must be frustrating!  hey, I was just thinking of you the other day...wondering how you're doing?  So...how are you doing?  What symptoms are you having now? 

BTW, it looks like you started a similar thread on this topic?  Maybe it was an accident.... or maybe you were waiting for someone to finally come by????? :laugh:

adelia

Thanks for asking. Having tinnitus, burny tongue/mouth, some gi and muscle probs and some nerve probs. At six months I had hoped to be better than this.

Thanks for asking. Having tinnitus, burny tongue/mouth, some gi and muscle probs and some nerve probs. At six months I had hoped to be better than this.

I'm totally with ya on that one, Catfish.  I'm at 7 months now, and still have a whole cornucopies of symptoms.  Actually have gotten the burning mouth a few times, including today.  Strangely enough, I don't notice it much because the top of the HEAD IS BURNING SO BAD!!!!  Most of the time, but it's starting to go in and out now, so that's a really good sign. 

Are you under a lot of stress in the rest of your life too?  I know many here at BB have actually worked (like...at a job) through their recovery.  I really admire those folks.  Right now, I just work on recoverying.. 

adelia