Basic Titration Question

[bl...]

Can you liquify your dose in a syringe first and then add it to you 100ml (or whatever) of milk, rather than crushing it?  Also, if about 4 hours in between doses, do you have to refrigerate? 

Thanks.

Hi, Bluebird  ;D

If you are using a tablet form of benzo, you would need to crush it good so it can be dispersed well when you stir it into the liquid.  If you are using water, there's no need to refrigerate the solution; if using milk, I would keep it cold.

BTW, it would help us help you if you could add your benzo and related info to your signature block.  You will find the directions here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9432.msg119713#msg119713

I've been giving my cat medication for several months now - I dissolve the pill in about 2ml of water, shake it up well until it's good and dissolved and then give it to him.  Thought I'd ask since I can't much see the difference between doing that (vs. crushing it) and adding it to water or milk in my cylinder and making sure it's mixed well.

Have to run at the moment and don't have time to put my "status" on my signature block.  Will take a look at the link you mentioned and do so...although haven't started titrating yet.

Kudos to you for getting off benzos after 20 years!  I've been on 23.  There's hope!

Bluebird

I've been giving my cat medication for several months now - I dissolve the pill in about 2ml of water, shake it up well until it's good and dissolved and then give it to him.  Thought I'd ask since I can't much see the difference between doing that (vs. crushing it) and adding it to water or milk in my cylinder and making sure it's mixed well.

Have to run at the moment and don't have time to put my "status" on my signature block.  Will take a look at the link you mentioned and do so...although haven't started titrating yet.

Kudos to you for getting off benzos after 20 years!  I've been on 23.  There's hope!

Bluebird

I'm sure it would be fine if it dissolves fast enough so you're not waiting around. I never tried it that way. Let us know how it works.  :thumbsup:

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]