Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

As I get lower again everything is so contracted through my spine, buttocks, shoulders, neck, abdomen, obliques, face, jaw, legs that there is literally no position I can get into that is bearable.

There is no stretch. I can’t do anything. I can’t even find a position I can bear to lie in.

I have reinstated and updosed several times because of it,

Everything has turned to hard fibrotic rubber or gristle.

My jaw joint is just lumps of painful gristle. If I try to open it it snaps shut and pulls into the sides of my head.

It feels like my whole body is made of hard runner that if I try to stretch just springs back even tighter.

My body is crushing itself lengthwise.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

As I get lower again everything is so contracted through my spine, buttocks, shoulders, neck, abdomen, obliques, face, jaw, legs that there is literally no position I can get into that is bearable.

There is no stretch. I can’t do anything. I can’t even find a position I can bear to lie in.

My jaw joint is just lumps of painful gristle. If I try to open it it snaps shut and pulls into the sides of my head.

It feels like my whole body is made of hard runner that if I try to stretch just springs back even tighter.

If I was in your situation I would wait a little bit more to cut down, it's not worth being like this. I can totally understand your feeling...I've been dealing with this for more than a year now

ok, so my turn.....

I am concerned.

I was doing some yoga recently and pushed myself too hard in the stretching. Apparently because of my nerves, tendons and ligaments being so stiff I injured myself from the lumbar area, my legs started to feel numb (the skin) and I obviously worried.. the next day I was in pain. I got some dexamethasone plus b complex injected and I feel so much better.

So much better because all the inflammation that was in my body is gone, I feel normal again.

I know that dexamethasone has bad side effects but due to the nature of my injury and because of my medical knowledge that was the treatment of choice.

I am afraid that I will be like this the rest of my life,stiff and in pain all the time... does inflammation get better?

(for real)

Blossom

This is me. And I’m off for a year

Ajusta: You have reinstated several times, and started with Clonazepam. But you have felt very bad anyway. So I think you will feel better when Benzo is out of your body. Then you can begin to heal, and you are on the right side of your recovery. So there is always hope!  :)

• 3 months later...

Hey I havnt posted in this group in a while but i need to see if any of you are experiencing the same thing.

When i first started my taper my doctor started it fast. I went down about 80 percent in a matter of a few weeks and I had been on the medicine for 30 years.

Not to long after that I started having pain in my achilles tendon. one day I ran because because there was  some stuff happening on the lower end of my land and I had a snap in the tendon area.

I could barely walk on the leg for months. It started to heal but it has been hurting me for a year and half. It hurts some days and is hard to walk on it. It feels tight, a little weak. This is mainly in my achilles tendon and my calf muscle but its just one leg.

Has anyone else had a muscle on one side of your body more affected by withdrawal than the other side or is anyone else having the same problems wtih their achilles and calf muscle.

on a side note I justed completed my taper about a weeks and half ago.

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi ocean,

Congrats for finishing the taper. Hope all goes well and will improve over time.

Yes, I have tightness and pain in my muscles too and 90% is in my left upper leg. Tendons feel hard as steel cables.

Walking is hard to do, but that's mostly because of Polyneuropathy and Fibromyalgia.

Like you said, the muscles feel hard and stiff, while at the same time they have little strenght. Muscle weakness is a side effect of most benzos.

Best wishes!

Hello Ajusta,

I don't know. I hope it's because of withdrawal.  All symptoms are mentioned by prof. Ashton as withdrawal.

I do hope that's the case. Most symptoms appeared after being on Diazepam for a while and got worse, once I began to taper. So, what can I say?

How are you doing? I know you've been having many issues. Hopefully you're starting to see some improvement. You really deserve it.

Wishing you all the best.

Thank!

I’m not good.

Dose is getting lower again so muscle stuff getting very severe.

I was on Benzos fir muscle and spinal stuff though.

The diazepam always helped me. Never had problems with it.

And when took Zopiclone at night as well would release neck enough for me to be able to concentrate to read.

Would take Methocarbamol as well which is another gaba muscle relaxant.

All of it helped me.

• 4 weeks later...
I have achiles tendinitis in both feet as well as another myriad of soft tissue issues that landed me on Valium by a criminal rheumatologist 16 years ago. Anyway back to the achiles, it happened before Valium. I feel maybe your injury could've happened anyway but it was aggravated by bwd? Is it tendonitis or is it broken. If tendonitis, you need to stretch the calves every day four times for a while. Look up the stretches for the calves on youtube, and for the achiles too. It'll help the tendonitis. Of course, not if it's broken. Please, check that first.

• 1 year later...
Might as well be annoying here too, frozen rib cage, frozen back yet extremely painful, lattimus dorsi just frozen, sides hurt, lower back feels like I stabbed myself a few hundred times, at first had the ms hug with the pain, now ribs are slightly loosening but back still feels terrible. I want to write this so anyone else who experiences it can find it,  I know this site and search engine have been something magic for my mind during this.  Tag words, ms hug, rib cage pain, lower back pain, side pain, tight ribs, intercoastal pain

Horrible full-body muscle and nerve pain tonight. Praying for relief and some healing. My taper has been an extremely rough ride so far, and I’m only 2 months into it after being prescribed V for 16 yrs :(

Please any suggestions on massages or any technique that may help… I’ve been bedridden for 9 months for the most part

• 2 months later...

In a seatback 2 months. Pain in my arms and armpits like acid.

And I have also right lef/foot constant cramp. Like one leg feels different from the other.

Cannot exercise because my muscles are brutally sore.

Is this even possible? it's 24/7.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

hoping for some re assurance.... I have been doing fairly well with my titration the past few months. Two weeks ago I decreased from 0.125 to 0.0625 mg ( I have been doing these cuts the whole time). Initially felt ok... starting this past Monday I have had such bad muscle tightness from head to toe I think Im gonna fall over every time I walk. Every thing just aches and feels tight with tingles, and my head had a band around it.

Has anyone experienced this type of symptom? Is it common at the end of a titration for symptoms to get worse and more severe?

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

In a seatback 2 months. Pain in my arms and armpits like acid.

And I have also right lef/foot constant cramp. Like one leg feels different from the other.

Cannot exercise because my muscles are brutally sore.

Is this even possible? it's 24/7.

Thanks

I have this right now. I have constant leg/foot muscle and joint pain OUT OF NOWHERE when I was hit by a massive wave. I also have the armpit pain. Mine is more like a sharp stabbing pain that goes away after a few seconds but it happens multiple times a day. We also just went from 40° to 12° here and my body could be responding to that. I’m 32 but my joints notice weather.

I hope you are feeling better.

• 6 months later...

How are all the Dystonia sufferers doing?

I am almost 7 months off and getting worse each day.

Head to toe rigid concrete hard inability to relax muscles