Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Yes my life is exactly like that. I try to stretch, acupuncture and all only temporarily I get some relief. I wonder if it will ever go away. Im almost 13 months out right now. for the  xth time. (I don't really know how many times I went through withdrawal as I almost always reinstated a year later, I lost count)

Corsair, hang in there, we will get there :thumbsup:  I wasn't ramped up bad today going to acupuncture, but the treatment ramped me up and needles hurt bad today.  It will calm down in a day or two.  Something I take that seems to be helping is Axastanthin, a super anti-oxidant.  I'm only taking 2mg now, 14mg kept me awake.  Cleared brain fog, benzo flu and I feel more awake and alive since I started benzos.  It seems to be helping with cramps and nerve pain/histamine intolerance.  It's an amazing supplement with no side effects whatsover.  It's like taking ginseng without getting ramped up.  Read up on it.  I've taken many supplements and herbs going through this, and it's a winner for me.  Only been taking it a few weeks.  Protects brain cells, good for high bp, cholesterol, diabetes, hair loss, memory and many other things.  It's what salmon and flamingoes eat, an algae that krill eat.  Gives salmon their strength to swim up rivers from the ocean to spawn.

MG :smitten:

Thanks MG and Everyone, I have had all sorts of muscle pain too especially in my left shoulder/neck/head/upper back etc. A weaker left side but I also had a mastectomy on that side. Lots of little muscles in chest/back very tender too.

I have spent a lot on physio but now realize that I might get more relief from massage especially myofascial release. Need to do more of it for myself!

I am very interested in the Axastanthin that you are using. I think I am getting some of that in one of my supplements but may increase.

Although I get a lot of muscle pain on the left, the pains/tensions can suddenly shift and more to the right side. This indicates to me that it is neurological.

I guess we keep ploughing on. CBD oil would be nice. Soon legal here I think but would it make my head more foggy?!

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

[25...]

Yes my life is exactly like that. I try to stretch, acupuncture and all only temporarily I get some relief. I wonder if it will ever go away. Im almost 13 months out right now. for the  xth time. (I don't really know how many times I went through withdrawal as I almost always reinstated a year later, I lost count)

Corsair, hang in there, we will get there :thumbsup:  I wasn't ramped up bad today going to acupuncture, but the treatment ramped me up and needles hurt bad today.  It will calm down in a day or two.  Something I take that seems to be helping is Axastanthin, a super anti-oxidant.  I'm only taking 2mg now, 14mg kept me awake.  Cleared brain fog, benzo flu and I feel more awake and alive since I started benzos.  It seems to be helping with cramps and nerve pain/histamine intolerance.  It's an amazing supplement with no side effects whatsover.  It's like taking ginseng without getting ramped up.  Read up on it.  I've taken many supplements and herbs going through this, and it's a winner for me.  Only been taking it a few weeks.  Protects brain cells, good for high bp, cholesterol, diabetes, hair loss, memory and many other things.  It's what salmon and flamingoes eat, an algae that krill eat.  Gives salmon their strength to swim up rivers from the ocean to spawn.

Thanks MG and Everyone, I have had all sorts of muscle pain too especially in my left shoulder/neck/head/upper back etc. A weaker left side but I also had a mastectomy on that side. Lots of little muscles in chest/back very tender too.

I have spent a lot on physio but now realize that I might get more relief from massage especially myofascial release. Need to do more of it for myself!

I am very interested in the Axastanthin that you are using. I think I am getting some of that in one of my supplements but may increase.

Although I get a lot of muscle pain on the left, the pains/tensions can suddenly shift and more to the right side. This indicates to me that it is neurological.

I guess we keep ploughing on. CBD oil would be nice. Soon legal here I think but would it make my head more foggy?!

Hi L,

I don't know about the CBD oil, I live where it's illegal unfortunately.  The Astaxanthin definitely is helping me.  I quit taking it for a few days until my lower dosages came, only because I couldn't sleep.  I ramped back up during that time.  Now I'm taking it again and most days I feel clear headed, have tons of energy, but the cramps/nerve pain slow me down still.  It seems to help with digestion also.  I long for the day the cramps and nerve pain are totally gone, it's my worst sx's and misery.

Hugs, MG :smitten:

For me, CBD oil helps with my muscle aches, tremors/shaking, GI issues and anxiety.  It can make me a little sleepy but, really just more relaxed.  I use a CBD oil brand called CW Botanicals and believe they ship it to all 50 states.  It's very low THC (<3%).  I'm not advertising for them and I'm sure there are other reputable companies out there, too.  I'm just glad to find something that helps some of my withdrawal symptoms and pain from a chronic GI issue that started before getting put on benzos. 

Hi bb

i read that taking antioxidants is actually bad increasing risk of cancer but to get them in food. But Im curious about the Axastanthin!!  I might want to order this supp tonight...I have had some breif windows of moderate soreness but keeps hanging on. real bad today.I know im just a few mo out but I cant take it.

Anyone taking this, did you notice immediate relief from pain??

[25...]

Hi bb

i read that taking antioxidants is actually bad increasing risk of cancer but to get them in food. But Im curious about the Axastanthin!!  I might want to order this supp tonight...I have had some breif windows of moderate soreness but keeps hanging on. real bad today.I know im just a few mo out but I cant take it.

Anyone taking this, did you notice immediate relief from pain??

Kris,

Antioxidants are anti-cancer, and this one is probably the most powerful one I've ever seen. Yes it seems to help with my pain, probably through ant-inflammatory action on the brain by protecting the CNS.  I started taking 2 different probiotics, just once a day and took them 2x yest and it ramped me up, so going back to 1x per day for a few weeks.  Until our second brain (gut) heals, the sx's won't go away.  80% of our immune system is in our intestines, so taking probiotics, low histamine ones like Culterelle (L-rhamnosus, and L-planetarum) will restore the good flora to the gut and help heal our immune systems and brains.

Mountaingirl

sounds like you are doing good! I am trying to cut down on vitamins. I dont see a lot of wd from them but they say not to do a lot of them. I am doing vitamins, adaptogens, and just startied trying seriphos for cortisol to lower,. take 1 or 2 melatonin w remeron and magnesium at night. and chinese herbs for sleep from acupuncturist. Sometimes take advil. And circumin (tumeric).

I take a probiotic also. I dont know how to get just the ones you mentioned?

which brand Axastanthin?

Im mostly desperate for sleep lately again. Dont feel as sore today but worried bout sleep, weak, and cant think. Cooking is daunting. i have no help here

Sat i had a massage from chinese lady way different than iv ever done. later was nauseated and wiped out. so sun was real sore all over, anxious, didnt sleep enough last night. now im trying to get in for cranio-sacral/myofascial or accupunture. probably acupuncture i think it ll help sleep

btw, i read that info on antioxidants in a medical journal type site more and another place too. they say antioxidants from food is fine. go figure.

[25...]

Mountaingirl

sounds like you are doing good! I am trying to cut down on vitamins. I dont see a lot of wd from them but they say not to do a lot of them. I am doing vitamins, adaptogens, and just startied trying seriphos for cortisol to lower,. take 1 or 2 melatonin w remeron and magnesium at night. and chinese herbs for sleep from acupuncturist. Sometimes take advil. And circumin (tumeric).

I take a probiotic also. I dont know how to get just the ones you mentioned?

which brand Axastanthin?

Im mostly desperate for sleep lately again. Dont feel as sore today but worried bout sleep, weak, and cant think. Cooking is daunting. i have no help here

Sat i had a massage from chinese lady way different than iv ever done. later was nauseated and wiped out. so sun was real sore all over, anxious, didnt sleep enough last night. now im trying to get in for cranio-sacral/myofascial or accupunture. probably acupuncture i think it ll help sleep

btw, i read that info on antioxidants in a medical journal type site more and another place too. they say antioxidants from food is fine. go figure.

Kris,

I still have a cortisol surge waking up most mornings, tho not all.  Looping brain, bad cramps, nerve pain.  Some days it eases up fairly quickly, some not.  I buy a softgel Astaxathin with coconut oil.  I was taking 12mg, it made me feel great, alert, just clear headed, but I couldn't sleep well with it.  But I have had a head injury in a car wreck and don't sleep well.  My hubs who doesn't sleep well, he's taking it now and it doesn't bother him.  I bought 2mg softgels to take, and it's not affecting me now, slept great last nite.

Try acupressure points for sleep, they have really made all the difference for me, they knock me out within 20 min.  I use LI4 and the third eye point among others.  Yes massages will ramp you up temporarily, they do me too, I get one every week.  Sometimes acupuncture ramps me up, other times it doesn't, depends on how bad I'm flaring that day.

I disagree about supplements being bad, JMO.  If we are low like I was on magnesium and Vit. D, we need them.  I also take potassium for my bad cramps.  You may want to take it easy on those adaptogenic herbs, most are like ginseng and will ramp you up.  Been healing with herbs for 25+ yrs.  I take Astragalus, immune system builder, overall healing herb without the ginseng effect.  I'm also taking Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin, it seems to help me sleep as does the astragalus.

Hope this helps.

Hugs, MG :smitten:

Thanks mountaingirl - little overwhelmed with info today trying to focus w out sleep, then it worries me that i cant focus UHG

Sooo you went from 12 to 2? what brand?

the adaptagens i have are holy basil, ashwaganda, rhodiola. I have cordycep/reishi pills too. I have a blend of herbs w ashwaganda called ayflemmend - u familiar? Havent heard of the sativa or black cumin

Im so tired of research and therapies etc etc allowing myself to do nothing cause i cant do anything. Its full time job healing. maybe im makin it like that. I have had good days and do stuff

Massage doesnt ramp me up but this woman was different! shakin out my arms like beach towels and such

Now i have a plugged up feeling ear

im going to cranio sacral today and accupuncture

[25...]

Thanks mountaingirl - little overwhelmed with info today trying to focus w out sleep, then it worries me that i cant focus UHG

Sooo you went from 12 to 2? what brand?

the adaptagens i have are holy basil, ashwaganda, rhodiola. I have cordycep/reishi pills too. I have a blend of herbs w ashwaganda called ayflemmend - u familiar? Havent heard of the sativa or black cumin

Im so tired of research and therapies etc etc allowing myself to do nothing cause i cant do anything. Its full time job healing. maybe im makin it like that. I have had good days and do stuff

Massage doesnt ramp me up but this woman was different! shakin out my arms like beach towels and such

Now i have a plugged up feeling ear

im going to cranio sacral today and accupuncture

Kris,

Sports research was the 12mg brand I bought, the 2mg is Source Naturals.  There are many good brands of softgels.

I say no wonder you are flaring, Ashwaganda and holy basil will ramp you up.  Have tried every one you are taking.  Personally I would get off all, give yourself a few days and see if you feel better, and try one at a time.  They will ramp you up though most likely.  I personally would take one or the other of Ash or holy basil, not both at once.  never heard of the ayflemmend, no surprise, there are thousands upon thousands of variations, and even though I've studied them for many years, I still run into new ones.

You should think about getting the probiotics and healing your gut/immune system, and maybe lay off the adaptogenic herbs for awhile.  I think you are overloading your CNS.

MG

[a8...]

Dunno if anyones tried magnesium oil.

I used to take magnesium malate tablets, but I have IBS so I like the transdermal magnesium route the best and magnesium is so good a muscle relaxer that it puts me to sleep when in bed, and that was before I ever took diaz.

The transdermal also helps to moisturize the skin even thoguh its not a true oil.

It can sting a bit but its worth it, for the rewards it gives to tenseness, which causes muscle pain and stiffness.

[25...]

Dunno if anyones tried magnesium oil.

I used to take magnesium malate tablets, but I have IBS so I like the transdermal magnesium route the best and magnesium is so good a muscle relaxer that it puts me to sleep when in bed, and that was before I ever took diaz.

The transdermal also helps to moisturize the skin even thoguh its not a true oil.

It can sting a bit but its worth it, for the rewards it gives to tenseness, which causes muscle pain and stiffness.

Journey,

I use both, have for years with my bad spine and joints.  I use Mag Citrate caps Now brand softgels, and have several spray bottles of mag oxide, I made them up myself with the mag crystals.  Definitely helps with muscle pain.  Lavender oil also is great for joint pain & migraines.

MG

thanks mountain girl

i think i noticed a better mood w the rodiola. I dont do large amounts of anything though.  im doin the CALM powder mag at night. i have magnesium spray i tried and Arnica - didnt notice much but maybe didnt use enough. oh also take a good probiotic

how many milligrams do ya all use of magnesium? which kind?

heard coconut oil ramps you up and that it relaxes...?

[25...]

thanks mountain girl

i think i noticed a better mood w the rodiola. I dont do large amounts of anything though.  im doin the CALM powder mag at night. i have magnesium spray i tried and Arnica - didnt notice much but maybe didnt use enough. oh also take a good probiotic

Kris,

I use the Now brand softgels,  magnesium citrate.  Any supplement you take should be softgels, we are more likely to absorb them as opposed to tablets.  Don't know about coconut oil, I have it, but don't take large enough amounts to tell a difference.

MG

[a8...]

thanks mountain girl

I've got rhodiola. How much do you take? How long does it take for your mood to lift? Do you eat with it?

As for magnesium oil, I dunno how many mgs I use, i just spray it on my arms, legs and torso and gonna start with the neck. I use life flo, I think its like 100mg every 4 or 8 sprays i cant remember sorry but I think that i-herb have the info on.

[25...]

Oops!  forgot to say mg, I think it's 700 or 800 a day.  I take 4 of those Now brand softgels a day.  Depends on the type of magnesium you are taking also.

Mg

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad to have found and joined this site. Thank goodness for the administrators of benzo buddies. I'm down to .25 mg Klonopin, I've held for a couple of months, and my pain has gotten better. I can totally relate to what you are saying, yes any old injuries always resurface during benzo withdrawals, and minor pains become major pains. At my worst I get pain in my feet, ankles, achilles tendon, calves, hamstrings, wrist and abdominal muscle (left side). Probably the most annoying is my right food locks up and feels like it's in a vice. I hate that. Now it's weird, Some days I have no withdrawal symptoms, other days I have some of them, others still I have all of them. Did/do other people cycle like that (I guess just uneven amounts of Klonopin in the blood supply). I need to turn my K into a liquid and take it 3 times a day instead one pill per day.

Turmeric, Ginger, Boswellia, and an eastern medicine formula called bamboo pearl help me. I'll have to try the Magnesium oil. Everyone says exercise helps, but generally when I exercise, whatever muscles I exercised just hurt. Klonopin is a terrible drug.

I would like to try Yoga.

Bakunin,  glad your pain I better.  Klonopin has triggered more old issues than I remember having but, really clobbering my GI right now.  GI issues/pain one of reasons I was put on benzos....ugh.  I cycle just like you do and the lower I get on K, the faster they cycle it seems.  Quite the roller coaster.  I did better cutting my dose in half and taking it in the AM and PM.  Kept interdose withdrawals down for a while.  I hear yoga and tai chi are both very good for gentle exercise, too.  And as we say on the klonopin klub thread...I hate Klonopin!

Hope everyone has an ok day and get some windows  :)

journey - its 340mg i take one or 2 w out food. its took some weeks to notice. i avoid eluthro and others that are more exitatory

sleep is so important to muscle recovery! anyone have sleep problems come and go? i had it under control w small dose remeron , 1mg melatonin and CALM mag drink. last few wks been tossin more wakin early so tired. i hear melatonin is ok long term and then not?

[a8...]

Oops!  forgot to say mg, I think it's 700 or 800 a day.  I take 4 of those Now brand softgels a day.  Depends on the type of magnesium you are taking also.

Mg

Hi

Do you mean the rhodiola depends on the type of mag you take a day.

Can you take when using transdermal mag oil?

[25...]

Journey,

No I meant the type of Magnesium can mean taking different mg's.  There are many different kinds.  I take Mag Citrate.

MG :hug:

[a8...]

Journey,

No I meant the type of Magnesium can mean taking different mg's.  There are many different kinds.  I take Mag Citrate.

MG :hug:

I used to take citrate but my bowel didn't like it, it's temperemental my bowel.

Im tapering off lyrica also in a microtaper fashhion 4 x a day, seems to be going ok, but a bit sweaty and ibs

can you guys describe the muscle pain? 

sometimes mine is burning but almost always to some degree it is painful like a bruise to the bone in my thighs.

other muscles burn like the last rep in the gym except im just carring a jug or brushing my teeth

I was hiking hills in the winter but since sleep has been worse, the pain is worse.

can anybody tell me that this is from klon and it will bet better?!

i have a feeling it takes the sleep to get better. I cant push myself w exercise now

my chiropracter said the deep muscle needs exercise to push out toxin but it feels so weird and incredibly weak

taking advil sometimes. tylenol pm lately at night. tumeric. zyflemmend. and just bougt astaxanthin and boselia

does anyone get sudden stabbing/piercing pain right in the thigh?? can this be explained w wd? and anything that will help?? Im leary now about any type activity

I wish people would start brainstorming ways to deal with our symptoms. To often everyone just lists them and that's it. I get acupuncture, and that is hands down, the best remedy for pain. However, it's pain. My acupuncturist just said you have to just get comfortable with the pain. I thought distraction, but he said no comfortable, because when you distract yourself, the worry always comes back. So somehow you just have to accept the pain. Minimize as much as is possible, but accept it. I don't know how to do that.

[25...]

does anyone get sudden stabbing/piercing pain right in the thigh?? can this be explained w wd? and anything that will help?? Im leary now about any type activity

Kris,

I get that occasionally, it's just the nerve doing it's thing.  Mine has gotten less and less.  Used to make my leg jerk up when it happened.

Hugs, MG