Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Hi, I just thought I would start this group. Muscle pain is my biggest issue that's been going on forever. Just wondering if anybody els would like to share there experience with this dreadful symptom.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

Hi

Yes, I have pain a varying degrees coming and going. My neck is the worst culprit, which causes head pain and ear pain/full feeling. Today is a pain day and I have it in my joints too - everywhere. I can have days where it's not too bad. Mornings are worse, this morning was horrible. Spoke to Bristol Tranquilizer Project about this many times and it's very common and they confirm it will go away. Wish it would go now. I am nearly 21 months off and they are not concerned I still have this at this stage.

I sympathise it's a pain lol

I have a lot of pain, next to the insomnia and dryness my biggest symptom. It makes it difficult to exercise or even walk some days.

Hi

I have this as well. all the way through I`ve had muscle pain, nerve pain and now headaches added to the mix.  And there`s no pain pills that work for any of it.

marj- I call Bristol as well, they`re wonderful in helping us cope - who do you speak to the most?

Hi

I have this as well. all the way through I`ve had muscle pain, nerve pain and now headaches added to the mix.  And there`s no pain pills that work for any of it.

marj- I call Bristol as well, they`re wonderful in helping us cope - who do you speak to the most?

Hi there,

I couldn't have done this without them. I speak to all of them, whoever answers the phone. Ian is amazing, they all are even Iris in the office.

Where are you based?

Has anyone tried curcumin for the pain, I find it helps even though I don't like using supplements?

• 1 month later...

Hi

Yes, I have pain a varying degrees coming and going. My neck is the worst culprit, which causes head pain and ear pain/full feeling. Today is a pain day and I have it in my joints too - everywhere. I can have days where it's not too bad. Mornings are worse, this morning was horrible. Spoke to Bristol Tranquilizer Project about this many times and it's very common and they confirm it will go away. Wish it would go now. I am nearly 21 months off and they are not concerned I still have this at this stage.

I sympathise it's a pain lol

[/quo

To the UK hotline says this pain will go away because this is my worst symptom can hardly walk from the pain nerve pain muscle pain all pain

So the UK hotline says his pain will go away for sure going into 13 months and nerve pain muscle pain so bad I can hardly walk

Hi, I just thought I would start this group. Muscle pain is my biggest issue that's been going on forever. Just wondering if anybody els would like to share there experience with this dreadful symptom.

My symptoms follow a pattern. I get the DP/DR, apathy, fatigue, dizziness etc. first, then I get horrible nerve and muscle pain for a few weeks after cutting. I'm convinced benzos have caused nerve damage and hope it will subside when I'm healed. The pain is one of the hardest things to deal with due to work.

my muscles are extremely tight on one side of my body. It's hard to walk :(

That's interesting. Only one side of my body is affected also.

My left side is much more affected, more painful. I do also have some muscle pain on right side. Possibly due to an old injury I had to the left side. Benzo withdrawal seems to have more effect on areas in the body that have been injured before.

This has been one of my symptoms, especially in my second and this last withdrawal. During the second withdrawal I did not associate the pain in my hips, piriformis muscles with withdrawal from Lorazepam, but I really think that is what it was. I had an old injury from falling down the steps decades ago that caused me re-occurring sacro-iliac problems, especially when I worked since my job is very physical. Anyway, to make a very long story short, I think that my psoas (deep abdominal ) muscles go into spasms during waves and pull my sacrum/pelvis out of position. This has been happening since I first took Lorazepam and cold turkeyed. I thought I had an unstable pelvis and had injections, physical therapy again and again and I kept having problems with it.

Until last year when I went to a myofascial massage therapist as a last resort since I had tried just about everything else--I didn't even know what the psoas muscle was! But he released the muscles that were in spasm, and there were a lot of various muscles in spasm in my body and now I can do it at home by myself.

The muscle pain finally went away last year over the summer, and I even ran a 10k race. But then I got slammed in November with an acute-like wave that I am still recovering from. All the fibromyalgia-like pain came back--especially in my left shoulder blade to where I can't sleep on my left side at night because my neck starts to spasm. Also in my left hip the muscles and tissue around the joint is very sore, also piriformis, and gluteal muscles are very sore. I roll around on a trigger point release ball and it helps. Also use a moist heat pad. I really thought I was done with all the pain symptoms and I did have a few blissful months without it, but now it is back. Needless to say, I had to stop running last November. But I am up to a fast walk now.

The question I have is, is there really inflammation going on with these muscles or is it neurological in nature? Because  I will have severe pain in my right triceps for a few hours and then it will be gone in a few hours. This is another area that I injured skiing 3 years ago and I also ended up with frozen shoulder from that fall. Excruciating pain working through frozen shoulder at physical therapy.

The muscles in my chest area also tend to get really sore--and sometimes it feels like they are in spasms. My chest gets really tight and it affects my breathing too. I also get pain in the tissues between my ribs and around my sternum--costochondritis.. I will get sharp twinges in my front rib cage and around the sides too. Mostly on the left side, again.

So I suppose there is one silver lining in this for me--no more sacro iliac problems! In the past my pelvis would go out and I could barely walk. So many sessions at the physical therapist over the decades. As long as I keep my psoas muscles stretched every day (and it only takes a few minutes twice a day) they are not pulling my pelvis out of position.

I was taking turmeric last year but I stopped when I got slammed with this wave--I thought it was revving me up, but I don't know for sure. I may try to add it back in again--I really don't know to what extent it relieved the muscle pain for me last year. For whatever reason, the pain did go away only to return. :(

My left side is much more affected, more painful. I do also have some muscle pain on right side. Possibly due to an old injury I had to the left side. Benzo withdrawal seems to have more effect on areas in the body that have been injured before.

This has been one of my symptoms, especially in my second and this last withdrawal. During the second withdrawal I did not associate the pain in my hips, piriformis muscles with withdrawal from Lorazepam, but I really think that is what it was. I had an old injury from falling down the steps decades ago that caused me re-occurring sacro-iliac problems, especially when I worked since my job is very physical. Anyway, to make a very long story short, I think that my psoas (deep abdominal ) muscles go into spasms during waves and pull my sacrum/pelvis out of position. This has been happening since I first took Lorazepam and cold turkeyed. I thought I had an unstable pelvis and had injections, physical therapy again and again and I kept having problems with it.

Until last year when I went to a myofascial massage therapist as a last resort since I had tried just about everything else--I didn't even know what the psoas muscle was! But he released the muscles that were in spasm, and there were a lot of various muscles in spasm in my body and now I can do it at home by myself.

The muscle pain finally went away last year over the summer, and I even ran a 10k race. But then I got slammed in November with an acute-like wave that I am still recovering from. All the fibromyalgia-like pain came back--especially in my left shoulder blade to where I can't sleep on my left side at night because my neck starts to spasm. Also in my left hip the muscles and tissue around the joint is very sore, also piriformis, and gluteal muscles are very sore. I roll around on a trigger point release ball and it helps. Also use a moist heat pad. I really thought I was done with all the pain symptoms and I did have a few blissful months without it, but now it is back. Needless to say, I had to stop running last November. But I am up to a fast walk now.

The question I have is, is there really inflammation going on with these muscles or is it neurological in nature? Because  I will have severe pain in my right triceps for a few hours and then it will be gone in a few hours. This is another area that I injured skiing 3 years ago and I also ended up with frozen shoulder from that fall. Excruciating pain working through frozen shoulder at physical therapy.

The muscles in my chest area also tend to get really sore--and sometimes it feels like they are in spasms. My chest gets really tight and it affects my breathing too. I also get pain in the tissues between my ribs and around my sternum--costochondritis.. I will get sharp twinges in my front rib cage and around the sides too. Mostly on the left side, again.

So I suppose there is one silver lining in this for me--no more sacro iliac problems! In the past my pelvis would go out and I could barely walk. So many sessions at the physical therapist over the decades. As long as I keep my psoas muscles stretched every day (and it only takes a few minutes twice a day) they are not pulling my pelvis out of position.

I was taking turmeric last year but I stopped when I got slammed with this wave--I thought it was revving me up, but I don't know for sure. I may try to add it back in again--I really don't know to what extent it relieved the muscle pain for me last year. For whatever reason, the pain did go away only to return. :(

At least you're off. I get the exact same pains in my right side and old injuries (shoulders). I had screw fixation of my si joints in 2011 and was fine until put on benzos and then started having nerve pain all the way down my leg. I didn't make the connection until December. The benzos have unleashed nerve pain throughout the whole right side of my body so I can relate. I can't wait to get off. Hope everything settles for you.

At least you're off. I get the exact same pains in my right side and old injuries (shoulders). I had screw fixation of my si joints in 2011 and was fine until put on benzos and then started having nerve pain all the way down my leg. I didn't make the connection until December. The benzos have unleashed nerve pain throughout the whole right side of my body so I can relate. I can't wait to get off. Hope everything settles for you.

Do I ever relate to the SI pain. I had the shooting pain down my legs. Decades of problems--had prolotherapy in the ligaments back in 1995 and most recently, 2 years ago, had a prolotherapy injection directly into the SI joint. Back in the late 90s, the prolotherapy doc said I should consider getting a screw put in the left side of my SI joint. But I just doubled down on Pilates core exercises--could not afford to get surgery since I was living on my own and I was/am a gardener for a living. But then I think eventually the Pilates ended up over-tightening my psoas and other abdominal muscles and just created more SI problems.

I hope you are able to get off the med soon--it is unbelievable the amount of pain a little pill can cause. And the length of time we are suffering is horrible. I hope you find relief soon, too.

The end of my SI problems is a bright spot in a seemingly never-ending wave.

I find that so many things seem to trigger my awful aches/pains/tremors and muscle tightness and spasms.  Getting really low on my taper amount, fumes really, and suspect that I'm now in acute withdrawals.  Pollen always made me ache this time of year and it's worse now.  Yep, old injuries/surgeries and problems are resurfacing too...ugh!  Sorry all the old issues have come back for you Bluemoon-hope they stop soon.  Do any supplements/exercise/ anything take the edge off all this for anyone?  The only things that seem to help me are sea salt soaks, warm showers and cbd oil.  They only last for awhile but, I'll take it.  Taking a very low dose of CBD so will increase that soon. Really hoping this all goes away for good for all of us!

I find that so many things seem to trigger my awful aches/pains/tremors and muscle tightness and spasms.  Getting really low on my taper amount, fumes really, and suspect that I'm now in acute withdrawals.  Pollen always made me ache this time of year and it's worse now.  Yep, old injuries/surgeries and problems are resurfacing too...ugh!  Sorry all the old issues have come back for you Bluemoon-hope they stop soon.  Do any supplements/exercise/ anything take the edge off all this for anyone?  The only things that seem to help me are sea salt soaks, warm showers and cbd oil.  They only last for awhile but, I'll take it.  Taking a very low dose of CBD so will increase that soon. Really hoping this all goes away for good for all of us!

Thanks BurnedOut--I am still having some soreness in my left shoulder, shoulder blade, and neck area and still in my left hip. My left foot has been bothering me too on the top and in the arch. I think it is all related to spasms in abdominal muscles. My left psoas muscle has been in spasm on and off for a few weeks now.

have started taking turmeric twice a day and I think it is starting to take effect. I have also been taking black cumin seed oil--it tastes horrible, but I think it might be helping with inflammation along with the turmeric. The pain is not keeping me from being able to work or my daily walks. But it is always there in the background. I have not been able to sleep on my left side either because the pain in my left shoulder and neck get worse.

I am going to use my Thummbi and do some myofascial release around those muscles--it is a painful process, but it does give me relief for a while. All the pain I had last spring and summer did go away so I think it will eventually go away again. I guess it is all part of this wave.

I think the pollen makes the inflammation worse for me too. It is about to get really bad here and it lasts through May.

What is CBD oil?

I am going to try sea salt soaks since I cannot tolerate Epsom salt baths. It sets off my POTS symptoms. How much sea salt do you use for your soaks?

Hi Bluemoon,

Hope you are feeling better.  Sea salts contain a lot of beneficial minerals but, please start them slowly since Epsom salts bother your POTS.  I think Epsom salts are high in magnesium and it can lower your blood pressure and sea salts have some too.  I had POTS with adrenal fatigue and had to watch magnesium because my blood pressure was too low too.  Also had to cut back on potassium and add sea salt to my water and food which helped the POTS and low blood pressure.  DGL also helped raise my blood pressure some, too.  CBD oil is cannabinoid oil like Charlotte's Web. It helps me with withdrawal aches/pains, appetite/weight (gain), tremors and sometimes anxiety and even sleep to some degree.  Take care!

Hi Bluemoon,

Hope you are feeling better.  Sea salts contain a lot of beneficial minerals but, please start them slowly since Epsom salts bother your POTS.  I think Epsom salts are high in magnesium and it can lower your blood pressure and sea salts have some too.  I had POTS with adrenal fatigue and had to watch magnesium because my blood pressure was too low too.  Also had to cut back on potassium and add sea salt to my water and food which helped the POTS and low blood pressure.  DGL also helped raise my blood pressure some, too.  CBD oil is cannabinoid oil like Charlotte's Web. It helps me with withdrawal aches/pains, appetite/weight (gain), tremors and sometimes anxiety and even sleep to some degree.  Take care!

Thanks so much for that--I was having crazy blood pressure swings, and I mean crazy! It seems to have calmed down as far as going too high, but now it is on the low side, which is actually normal for me. Well, yesterday it was 102/68 but a few weeks ago it was 98/73 one day. Sometimes I do get kind of lightheaded still. I work outside so I was looking into some electrolyte tablets (Nuun tablets) to use this summer. I live in Georgia and the summers are brutal here.

Don't know if I could get my hands on anything cannabinoid in Georgia--WAY behind the times here!

Will look into DGL. I was adding sea salt to my water, but my blood pressure was spiking so high I stopped. Now that the dust has settled, I think I will start adding it back in until I can buy some Nuun tablets.

But I am starting to feel better. Just have to get my cortisol levels down and I think I will really start to feel much better.

Thanks again!  :)

You're welcome Bluemoon!  Hope your cortisol levels come down soon.  The Nuun tablets sound interesting too. Glad you are feeling a bit better!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am 16 month off and have most if the time very strong nerve pain in my right leg...most nightts can t sleep because of it :(

Now also stomach cramps. Don t know what to do against the pain.

Often also have stiffness and can t walk

Sandraflower:  congratulations on being medication free but, sorry you are having so many pains.  Hard to say if they are still related to the drugs or something else.  Have you been to a doctor to rule out if it might be something else?  Does anything you can do (stretching, supplements, warm baths, etc) help with the pain?  Perhaps your body is still healing...

Sandraflower:  congratulations on being medication free but, sorry you are having so many pains.  Hard to say if they are still related to the drugs or something else.  Have you been to a doctor to rule out if it might be something else?  Does anything you can do (stretching, supplements, warm baths, etc) help with the pain?  Perhaps your body is still healing...

I have been seing a dr last year and no signs for any extra problems...i am so desperate but i have read others also suffering so far out...arent they?

[cd...]

This is my biggest nemesis at 21 months out.  I have had 3 spine surgeries from 2 car wrecks, so every place that was injured I have nerve pain and extreme muscle cramps.  I got so bad last summer my ligmaments/tendons/muscles were literally pulling my spine and hips horribly and painfully.  I was at my wits end.  Been going to a Chinese Acupuncturist since once a week, and get relief, but within a day or two it's back.  I learned acupressure points and I do them on a daily basis, they do help some, but rarely have a day without any pain. 

I can tell when I wake up how bad the day is going to be by my cortisol brain rush.  Generally I cramp immediately in hips and low back getting up.  I live in my recliner, and sick of it  ???

I do stretches 2x a day, and muscles go right back to pre-stretch immediately most days. 

I rarely get a full window, I did early on though.  Other things that help me are lavender oil and magnesium spray.  Ibuprofen does work great on all of the above if I haven't taken it for a week or so.  Just had a bad few days with migraine, radiating low and upper back pain.  Never had radiating upper back pain before, painful.

If anyone is interested in acupressure points I'll show you a few. 

Healing hugs to all, MG :therethere:

This is my biggest nemesis at 21 months out.  I have had 3 spine surgeries from 2 car wrecks, so every place that was injured I have nerve pain and extreme muscle cramps.  I got so bad last summer my ligmaments/tendons/muscles were literally pulling my spine and hips horribly and painfully.  I was at my wits end.  Been going to a Chinese Acupuncturist since once a week, and get relief, but within a day or two it's back.  I learned acupressure points and I do them on a daily basis, they do help some, but rarely have a day without any pain. 

I can tell when I wake up how bad the day is going to be by my cortisol brain rush.  Generally I cramp immediately in hips and low back getting up.  I live in my recliner, and sick of it  ???

I do stretches 2x a day, and muscles go right back to pre-stretch immediately most days. 

I rarely get a full window, I did early on though.  Other things that help me are lavender oil and magnesium spray.  Ibuprofen does work great on all of the above if I haven't taken it for a week or so.  Just had a bad few days with migraine, radiating low and upper back pain.  Never had radiating upper back pain before, painful.

If anyone is interested in acupressure points I'll show you a few. 

Healing hugs to all, MG :therethere:

Yes my life is exactly like that. I try to stretch, acupuncture and all only temporarily I get some relief. I wonder if it will ever go away. Im almost 13 months out right now. for the  xth time. (I don't really know how many times I went through withdrawal as I almost always reinstated a year later, I lost count)

[cd...]

Yes my life is exactly like that. I try to stretch, acupuncture and all only temporarily I get some relief. I wonder if it will ever go away. Im almost 13 months out right now. for the  xth time. (I don't really know how many times I went through withdrawal as I almost always reinstated a year later, I lost count)

Corsair, hang in there, we will get there :thumbsup:  I wasn't ramped up bad today going to acupuncture, but the treatment ramped me up and needles hurt bad today.  It will calm down in a day or two.  Something I take that seems to be helping is Axastanthin, a super anti-oxidant.  I'm only taking 2mg now, 14mg kept me awake.  Cleared brain fog, benzo flu and I feel more awake and alive since I started benzos.  It seems to be helping with cramps and nerve pain/histamine intolerance.  It's an amazing supplement with no side effects whatsover.  It's like taking ginseng without getting ramped up.  Read up on it.  I've taken many supplements and herbs going through this, and it's a winner for me.  Only been taking it a few weeks.  Protects brain cells, good for high bp, cholesterol, diabetes, hair loss, memory and many other things.  It's what salmon and flamingoes eat, an algae that krill eat.  Gives salmon their strength to swim up rivers from the ocean to spawn.

MG :smitten: