Author Topic: Muscle pain support group  (Read 51855 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Muscle pain support group
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 11:01:04 pm »
[...]:  congratulations on being medication free but, sorry you are having so many pains.  Hard to say if they are still related to the drugs or something else.  Have you been to a doctor to rule out if it might be something else?  Does anything you can do (stretching, supplements, warm baths, etc) help with the pain?  Perhaps your body is still healing...
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 08:42:23 am »
[...]:  congratulations on being medication free but, sorry you are having so many pains.  Hard to say if they are still related to the drugs or something else.  Have you been to a doctor to rule out if it might be something else?  Does anything you can do (stretching, supplements, warm baths, etc) help with the pain?  Perhaps your body is still healing...

I have been seing a dr last year and no signs for any extra problems...i am so desperate but i have read others also suffering so far out...arent they?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 09:25:57 pm »
This is my biggest nemesis at 21 months out.  I have had 3 spine surgeries from 2 car wrecks, so every place that was injured I have nerve pain and extreme muscle cramps.  I got so bad last summer my ligmaments/tendons/muscles were literally pulling my spine and hips horribly and painfully.  I was at my wits end.  Been going to a Chinese Acupuncturist since once a week, and get relief, but within a day or two it's back.  I learned acupressure points and I do them on a daily basis, they do help some, but rarely have a day without any pain. 

I can tell when I wake up how bad the day is going to be by my cortisol brain rush.  Generally I cramp immediately in hips and low back getting up.  I live in my recliner, and sick of it  ???

I do stretches 2x a day, and muscles go right back to pre-stretch immediately most days. 

I rarely get a full window, I did early on though.  Other things that help me are lavender oil and magnesium spray.  Ibuprofen does work great on all of the above if I haven't taken it for a week or so.  Just had a bad few days with migraine, radiating low and upper back pain.  Never had radiating upper back pain before, painful.

If anyone is interested in acupressure points I'll show you a few. 

Healing hugs to all, MG :therethere:

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2016, 03:07:13 pm »
This is my biggest nemesis at 21 months out.  I have had 3 spine surgeries from 2 car wrecks, so every place that was injured I have nerve pain and extreme muscle cramps.  I got so bad last summer my ligmaments/tendons/muscles were literally pulling my spine and hips horribly and painfully.  I was at my wits end.  Been going to a Chinese Acupuncturist since once a week, and get relief, but within a day or two it's back.  I learned acupressure points and I do them on a daily basis, they do help some, but rarely have a day without any pain. 

I can tell when I wake up how bad the day is going to be by my cortisol brain rush.  Generally I cramp immediately in hips and low back getting up.  I live in my recliner, and sick of it  ???

I do stretches 2x a day, and muscles go right back to pre-stretch immediately most days. 

I rarely get a full window, I did early on though.  Other things that help me are lavender oil and magnesium spray.  Ibuprofen does work great on all of the above if I haven't taken it for a week or so.  Just had a bad few days with migraine, radiating low and upper back pain.  Never had radiating upper back pain before, painful.

If anyone is interested in acupressure points I'll show you a few. 

Healing hugs to all, MG :therethere:

Yes my life is exactly like that. I try to stretch, acupuncture and all only temporarily I get some relief. I wonder if it will ever go away. Im almost 13 months out right now. for the  xth time. (I don't really know how many times I went through withdrawal as I almost always reinstated a year later, I lost count)

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2016, 07:55:41 pm »

Yes my life is exactly like that. I try to stretch, acupuncture and all only temporarily I get some relief. I wonder if it will ever go away. Im almost 13 months out right now. for the  xth time. (I don't really know how many times I went through withdrawal as I almost always reinstated a year later, I lost count)
[/quote]

Corsair, hang in there, we will get there :thumbsup:  I wasn't ramped up bad today going to acupuncture, but the treatment ramped me up and needles hurt bad today.  It will calm down in a day or two.  Something I take that seems to be helping is Axastanthin, a super anti-oxidant.  I'm only taking 2mg now, 14mg kept me awake.  Cleared brain fog, benzo flu and I feel more awake and alive since I started benzos.  It seems to be helping with cramps and nerve pain/histamine intolerance.  It's an amazing supplement with no side effects whatsover.  It's like taking ginseng without getting ramped up.  Read up on it.  I've taken many supplements and herbs going through this, and it's a winner for me.  Only been taking it a few weeks.   Protects brain cells, good for high bp, cholesterol, diabetes, hair loss, memory and many other things.  It's what salmon and flamingoes eat, an algae that krill eat.  Gives salmon their strength to swim up rivers from the ocean to spawn.

MG :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 01:47:43 pm »

Corsair, hang in there, we will get there :thumbsup:  I wasn't ramped up bad today going to acupuncture, but the treatment ramped me up and needles hurt bad today.  It will calm down in a day or two.  Something I take that seems to be helping is Axastanthin, a super anti-oxidant.  I'm only taking 2mg now, 14mg kept me awake.  Cleared brain fog, benzo flu and I feel more awake and alive since I started benzos.  It seems to be helping with cramps and nerve pain/histamine intolerance.  It's an amazing supplement with no side effects whatsover.  It's like taking ginseng without getting ramped up.  Read up on it.  I've taken many supplements and herbs going through this, and it's a winner for me.  Only been taking it a few weeks.   Protects brain cells, good for high bp, cholesterol, diabetes, hair loss, memory and many other things.  It's what salmon and flamingoes eat, an algae that krill eat.  Gives salmon their strength to swim up rivers from the ocean to spawn.

[/quote]

Thanks MG and Everyone, I have had all sorts of muscle pain too especially in my left shoulder/neck/head/upper back etc. A weaker left side but I also had a mastectomy on that side. Lots of little muscles in chest/back very tender too.

I have spent a lot on physio but now realize that I might get more relief from massage especially myofascial release. Need to do more of it for myself!

I am very interested in the Axastanthin that you are using. I think I am getting some of that in one of my supplements but may increase.

Although I get a lot of muscle pain on the left, the pains/tensions can suddenly shift and more to the right side. This indicates to me that it is neurological.

I guess we keep ploughing on. CBD oil would be nice. Soon legal here I think but would it make my head more foggy?!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 02:08:29 pm »

Thanks MG and Everyone, I have had all sorts of muscle pain too especially in my left shoulder/neck/head/upper back etc. A weaker left side but I also had a mastectomy on that side. Lots of little muscles in chest/back very tender too.

I have spent a lot on physio but now realize that I might get more relief from massage especially myofascial release. Need to do more of it for myself!

I am very interested in the Axastanthin that you are using. I think I am getting some of that in one of my supplements but may increase.

Although I get a lot of muscle pain on the left, the pains/tensions can suddenly shift and more to the right side. This indicates to me that it is neurological.

I guess we keep ploughing on. CBD oil would be nice. Soon legal here I think but would it make my head more foggy?!
[/quote]

Hi L,

I don't know about the CBD oil, I live where it's illegal unfortunately.  The Astaxanthin definitely is helping me.  I quit taking it for a few days until my lower dosages came, only because I couldn't sleep.  I ramped back up during that time.  Now I'm taking it again and most days I feel clear headed, have tons of energy, but the cramps/nerve pain slow me down still.  It seems to help with digestion also.  I long for the day the cramps and nerve pain are totally gone, it's my worst sx's and misery.

Hugs, MG :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 04:09:40 pm »
For me, CBD oil helps with my muscle aches, tremors/shaking, GI issues and anxiety.  It can make me a little sleepy but, really just more relaxed.  I use a CBD oil brand called CW Botanicals and believe they ship it to all 50 states.  It's very low THC (<3%).  I'm not advertising for them and I'm sure there are other reputable companies out there, too.  I'm just glad to find something that helps some of my withdrawal symptoms and pain from a chronic GI issue that started before getting put on benzos.   

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2016, 08:07:38 pm »
Hi bb
i read that taking antioxidants is actually bad increasing risk of cancer but to get them in food. But Im curious about the Axastanthin!!   I might want to order this supp tonight...I have had some breif windows of moderate soreness but keeps hanging on. real bad today.I know im just a few mo out but I cant take it.
Anyone taking this, did you notice immediate relief from pain??

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2016, 11:09:35 pm »
Hi bb
i read that taking antioxidants is actually bad increasing risk of cancer but to get them in food. But Im curious about the Axastanthin!!   I might want to order this supp tonight...I have had some breif windows of moderate soreness but keeps hanging on. real bad today.I know im just a few mo out but I cant take it.
Anyone taking this, did you notice immediate relief from pain??

Kris,

Antioxidants are anti-cancer, and this one is probably the most powerful one I've ever seen. Yes it seems to help with my pain, probably through ant-inflammatory action on the brain by protecting the CNS.  I started taking 2 different probiotics, just once a day and took them 2x yest and it ramped me up, so going back to 1x per day for a few weeks.  Until our second brain (gut) heals, the sx's won't go away.  80% of our immune system is in our intestines, so taking probiotics, low histamine ones like Culterelle (L-rhamnosus, and L-planetarum) will restore the good flora to the gut and help heal our immune systems and brains.