Leaky gut question

[sh...]

How do you know if you really have developed leaky gut or whether it is withdrawal induced?

I have all the symptoms of leaky gut from too much wheat and sugar whilst recovering (didnt know about wheat and sugar sensitivities and problems it can cause in withdrawal). I've cut this out now as it developed into leaky gut.

So have I given myself leaky gut on top of withdrawal or is it that my gut was compromised anyway which made the leaky gut easier to get a grip of me, hence will improve as withdrawal does?

If I have this on top is it then going to stop recovery?

Cant imagine this being another thing to treat properly once Ive healed from all of this.

What a mess.

Any opinions or similar experiences?

Shania

Benzos metabolize in the gut and tear it up. I'm sure you've looked into the gut-brain connection by now, very interesting and very real. Do you have reactions or rev up in sxs after eating?

I adopted what Hippocrates said a couple thousand years ago: "The root to all illness is in the gut. Let your food be medicine and medicine be your food."

It can be a challenge but once you get into it you should be good.

I believe that all medications have the potential to offset the 60/40 ratio good/bad bacteria so it probably is a good idea to take a probiotic.

When the ratio is changed to where there is more bad then good bacteria in our gut, leaky gut can ensue... causing a host of other problems, including

neurologic

Yes I do have the reving up after eating although not all the time

yesterday I hardly had any

then back again today

Shania

Yep, it goes back and forth like an impish little devil tormenting at every opportunity. I discovered histamine intolerance a year ago when I was having extreme mental reactions to everything I ate. Strawberries one morning sent me into a fit of rage that would have made the Incredible Hulk shit his pants. These pills tear up the gut and our histamine goes hay wire.  It's a case of your body not being able to flush out histamine fast enough, from what I've studied/lived for about a year. There are four different receptors for histamine and it's the one tied to the amygdala that gets ramped up. My most disturbing sx is anger. Off the charts but getting better. Broke my Gdamn hand because of it.

I found REAL vitamin C to help wash it out. Royal Camu powder from Whole World Botanicals has big shots of real Vit. C. Reba has another good idea, repopulate the gut. I use Udo's Choice Super 8 but it can rev up the histamine a bit. Wash it out with vitamin c I suppose. Mostly I use Bubbie's sauerkraut or their pickles for the probiotics. Their pickles have about 15,000,000 live probiotic per 2oz serving. Magnesium is important as well. Topical Mg chloride or ionic is best IF tolerated. Must keep in mind that if the adrenals are compromised, Mg could make it worse. What do the adrenals thrive on? VITAMIN C BABY!! It's all connected! Research all this stuff. It's great knowledge to have. 8)

Wait, how can I forget my go-to? Turmeric has been a huge life saver in the form an anti-inflamitory for the gut!! Wash out histamine and keep down inflamation while healing.

These things aren't a panacea but they sure do help most times

Oh yeah BTW, I tried a different brand of camu and it destroyed me a couple days ago. Still feeling it but I also have something else in my medicine chest to help with certain "degrees" of mental sxs.

Microdosing psilocybe cubensis mushrooms. Last night and tonight. Tonight my gut hurts from laughing. Any questions about those feel free to ask. Mother Nature heals while Father Time keeps watch. Slowly....slowly we succeed. 8)

Hi

I definitely have the histamine intolerance. I was feeling sooo much better...then thought I would test a small amount of nut butter.....well you know how Ive been since then...wish I hadn't...now want my baseline back.

Shania

I took zeolite or bentonite to wash the histamine out.

Sometimes DAO-enzyme capsules, but not so often, because i have read, your own production from that enzyme stopps when it's take to often.

I took the probiotic "prescript-assist" and i think it's helping me also with the histamine, maybe also with leaky gut.

Prescript Assist? Isn't that the soil based probiotic? I forgot about that one. I'll be looking into that one again seeing that my rage is still pretty nasty from histamine.

I'm in a nasty wave at over two years off triggered by a combination of stupid crap. I'm really sick of this. Oh well, it is what it is.