Titrating suggestion

[co...]

Start date-ASAP

Dose-.28mg

Tablet Dose-.50

Taper Dose-1ml/day

Thanks,

Carla

Colin-Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Start date-ASAP

Dose-.28mg

Tablet Dose-.50

Taper Dose-1ml/day

Thanks,

Carla

Colin-Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Coverton: Here is the info Colin needs to create a schedule for you

Please have the following information ready. I cannot create a schedule if any of these details are missing.

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

Colin,

I would like to start titrating by September 1st.  The dose I would like to start with is .35mg.  I currently have .50mg tablets and would like to taper by 1ml everyday.

Colin,

I would like to start titrating by September 1st.  The dose I would like to start with is .35mg.  I currently have .50mg tablets and would like to taper by 1ml everyday.

Hi Carla,

Do you have a 100ml cylinder? If so, pour 50ml of milk into your cylinder, then you can take your .50mg pill, crush it into a powder, add to your cylinder. Mix well with a long straw. Remove 15ml to start with, that will leave you with 35ml or .35mg, then every day remove an additional 1ml. That would equate to 1% a day.

T2 :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently at .25mg and want to begin titrating off of clonazepam. I just ordered my equipment.  I would like to remove 1ml/day and see how that goes.  So should I take one of my .50mg tablets crush it up and put it in 50ml of milk or water and pour out 25ml??  I would be done in approximately 25 days with the titration??

Thank you,

Carla

I am currently at .25mg and want to begin titrating off of clonazepam. I just ordered my equipment.  I would like to remove 1ml/day and see how that goes.  So should I take one of my .50mg tablets crush it up and put it in 50ml of milk or water and pour out 25ml??  I would be done in approximately 25 days with the titration??

Thank you,

Carla

Hi Carla,

That sounds fine to me. Make sure you mix it well before pouring off the 25ml.  :thumbsup:

T2 :smitten:

You can, of course, make the 50ml last two days, since you will be using 24ml or less each day. ;) If using milk, I wouldn't keep it for more than three days. If using water, you could keep it a little longer, but don't overdo it, and keep the liquid refrigerated too.

If ever you feel that the daily 1ml cuts are adding up too quickly, simply stabilise your dose for a few days, and perhaps proceed by cutting 1ml two out every three days. Just do what feels right for you. ;)

Ok just so I have this right.  I can mix the whole .50mg tablet in 50ml of milk or water and drink 12ml then 12ml the first day and store the remaining clonazepam/water mixture for the next day??  I guess just make sure and mix it well the second day again??

Thanks,

Carla

Ok just so I have this right.  I can mix the whole .50mg tablet in 50ml of milk or water and drink 12ml then 12ml the first day and store the remaining clonazepam/water mixture for the next day??  I guess just make sure and mix it well the second day again??

Thanks,

Carla

Here is how I would do it cuz I'm not sure what you are saying.  ;D  I would crush up the .50mg pill, put in with 50ml of milk or water, mix, pour off 25ml into a small dish, take out the appropriate mls for the first day and drink the rest. Put the remaining 25ml into the fridge if milk is used and save for tomorrow. Hope this makes sense?? ;D