Can trigger point therapy rev up symptoms?

[an...]

Hi everyone.  As most of you know, I am nearing the end of my taper and have encountered many issues and s/x along the way, with very little relief, but have improved gradually since beginning my taper (about 10 to 15%). 

I have also started treatment recently for a back problem I have.  I've been getting myo-therapy and doing exercises for my back.  Last week, the chiropractor did some trigger point therapy on me (last Thursday).  I've noticed that my anxiety, depression and just plain feeling weird in the head (hard to explain - spacy, sort of dizzy, don't feel human, etc.) have increased since then.  I'm wondering if the trigger point therapy can rev up w/d s/x.  Please, please - I'm feeling horrible and need to know:  Do any of you know if trigger point therapy can do this?  I haven't stopped tapering through all of this.  Still tapering at a slow rate.  I'm now at .09mg Klonopin daily (.03mg 3 x day).

I'm feeling desperate right now.

Jan

Hi everyone.  As most of you know, I am nearing the end of my taper and have encountered many issues and s/x along the way, with very little relief, but have improved gradually since beginning my taper (about 10 to 15%). 

I have also started treatment recently for a back problem I have.  I've been getting myo-therapy and doing exercises for my back.  Last week, the chiropractor did some trigger point therapy on me (last Thursday).  I've noticed that my anxiety, depression and just plain feeling weird in the head (hard to explain - spacy, sort of dizzy, don't feel human, etc.) have increased since then.  I'm wondering if the trigger point therapy can rev up w/d s/x.  Please, please - I'm feeling horrible and need to know:  Do any of you know if trigger point therapy can do this?  I haven't stopped tapering through all of this.  Still tapering at a slow rate.  I'm now at .09mg Klonopin daily (.03mg 3 x day).

I'm feeling desperate right now.

Jan

I see that you haven't gotten any responses so far, Jan, and that's probably because the rest of us don't know enough about trigger-point therapy to offer an opinion.  It could be a plain old wave of symptoms that anyone can get from time to time.  If you are concerned about it making you worse, I'd suggest just sticking to the "regular" chiropratic therapy while you are tapering and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks Beeper.  I was hoping that some people may have had experience with this.  I did get a reply yesterday from Guitar Bob and he had the same experience with massage therapy and the trigger points that were hit with it so that helped confirmed that this could be going on, in addition to that wave of symptoms that can occur.  I will be telling the chiro not to use this method on me any more. 

Jan