Advice on an MT of Seroquel?

[be...]

Hi:

I should finally finished with my klonopin taper in three weeks or so. Phew! But the folks on survivingantidepressants.org. said I should taper Seroquel before I taper my Valium. The reasons given is that I have not been on Seroquel as long as I have been on benzos. Also, the Valium should cushion the blow, and the fact that I know all too well: It's a nasty drug. Some suggested I taper all of my meds at once. I earlier tried dropping 25 mg at one time. It was a nightmare. I couldn't sleep for 10 days straight so I caved in and reinstated. I know I have to get off it sooner or later. Perhaps sooner as I won't have my Valium to back me up. I think tapering Seroquel will one one of the biggest challenges in my life. I was put on it after sleeping no more than two hours a night for over a year. I started to become insane and the pain was so great that I just wanted to end it all. Seroquel only works well with a combo of trazodone. I am very scared. I think I would need to micro taper off this drug, and I don't have a clue as how to do this. Also, how long should I wait until I start my MT after I am finished with kpin? I am just super scared of going back to sleeping just two hours a night. Are the SA folks right about tapering all of my meds at once? Does anyone have any ideas on how to MT Seroquel? Pls. help!

Bets

• 4 weeks later...

Hi:

I should finally finished with my klonopin taper in three weeks or so. Phew! But the folks on survivingantidepressants.org. said I should taper Seroquel before I taper my Valium. The reasons given is that I have not been on Seroquel as long as I have been on benzos. Also, the Valium should cushion the blow, and the fact that I know all too well: It's a nasty drug. Some suggested I taper all of my meds at once. I earlier tried dropping 25 mg at one time. It was a nightmare. I couldn't sleep for 10 days straight so I caved in and reinstated. I know I have to get off it sooner or later. Perhaps sooner as I won't have my Valium to back me up. I think tapering Seroquel will one one of the biggest challenges in my life. I was put on it after sleeping no more than two hours a night for over a year. I started to become insane and the pain was so great that I just wanted to end it all. Seroquel only works well with a combo of trazodone. I am very scared. I think I would need to micro taper off this drug, and I don't have a clue as how to do this. Also, how long should I wait until I start my MT after I am finished with kpin? I am just super scared of going back to sleeping just two hours a night. Are the SA folks right about tapering all of my meds at once? Does anyone have any ideas on how to MT Seroquel? Pls. help!

Bets

Generally, benzos should be tapered last but it is up to you to make the decision.  If you go to a compound pharmacy, you can get a liquid form of Seroquel made.  Here is a sample compound pharmacy "recipe" for Seroquel.

http://www.mipedscompounds.org/sites/default/files/standard-formulations/Quetiapine.pdf

• 3 years later...

Hi:

Bets

Generally, benzos should be tapered last but it is up to you to make the decision.  If you go to a compound pharmacy, you can get a liquid form of Seroquel made.  Here is a sample compound pharmacy "recipe" for Seroquel.

http://www.mipedscompounds.org/sites/default/files/standard-formulations/Quetiapine.pdf

thank you for this recipe!

can i substitute xylitol granulated for the saccharin sodium it calls for?