propylene glycol

[pe...]

The only ativan liquid I can get is made with propylene glycol and glycerol

Its 5ml to 1mg thats a lot of propylene glycol considering that i am on 1.65 a day of atvivan. I have read that propylene glycol is CNS depressant. What are others using seems like the only solvent with ethanol that can be used to make a solution which both bring about their own problems.

The only ativan liquid I can get is made with propylene glycol and glycerol

Its 5ml to 1mg thats a lot of propylene glycol considering that i am on 1.65 a day of atvivan. I have read that propylene glycol is CNS depressant. What are others using seems like the only solvent with ethanol that can be used to make a solution which both bring about their own problems.

1)  PG is a very mild CNS depressant....less potent than alcohol.

2) At 5ml:1mg, your 1.65mg dose is only 1.67 tsp...not very much. 

BTW, I used Rx liquid V formulated with PG for my 2 year taper...never had any ill effects from it.

Builder did you find that it was hard to draw from the bottle as bubbles form a lot in syringe.

Did you mix it with water for micro tapering.

Builder did you find that it was hard to draw from the bottle as bubbles form a lot in syringe.

Did you mix it with water for micro tapering.

Yes, I diluted with water.  Usually 9:1 (10% solution)

If you submerge the tip of the syringe in the liquid, then however much you pull the plunger, that's how much liquid will be in the syringe.  There will often be a bubble (actually and air gap) in front of the plunger, but there will be an equal amount of liquid in the tip.  Just basic physics.

Don't fret about the details.  Consistency is more important than accuracy.  Just do it the same way each day, anbd you'll  be fine.

• 3 weeks later...