Dose splitting advice

[Ca...]

I see that in a lot of youtube videos people mention that when creating a titration mix for clonazepam they mention that you can then take the whole batch, deduct your throw away amount, and then use what is left as your total daily dose. From that they mention you can split the dose if you, like my DW, take a dose in the morning and one at bedtime.

Now here is where I run into trouble. DW is a very exacting person, she wants the dose to be uniform across the board. No problem, just use the syringe to measure out the batch into halves and store it in a jar! Well, I'm getting flack about that process because of the drug residue in the original batch container... i.e. "How do you handle that DH? We can't miss that!"  ... and then this also escalates into "What about the 3 drops of solution left in the syringe, we need that or I might crash!".

I've been ruminating over this last night trying to find a process that would work since I see a lot of videos where people will rinse out the jar with water, etc... to drink the last of the residue. So, what I came to as possibly working is this:

1. mix the daily dose up and discard our reduction amount

2. use a syringe to measure out half and place in a second jar

3. keep the batch jar as a dose jar as well

I figure this way, the suspension is still effective for this initial transfer and that both jar1 and jar2 are equal residue and all. Then we can use each jar as a dose jar and rinse with water when taking it to also consume any left over residue.

As for the residue in the syringe, if the doses are split equally between jars, there is nothing to say that i can't just suck up some water or extra milk into the syringe and use that to flush out the rest and place it into the second dose transfer jar. So in practice, jar2 would have a little extra liquid in it from the transfer and syringe flushing, but would effectively be at the same dose regardless. Right?

I'm sorry if this is long winded, given circumstances, there is a great emphasis on being exact with all doses and dose splitting, etc....

And last but not least, my daughter is demanding emojis since they are so cool to look at while watching me type.

;D:P:thumbsup::angel:

Thanks again all, I am brand new to this forum and have already learned so much.

-DH