Sleeping a lot

[Ja...]

As I read through all these posts I don't see any with people who sleep a lot. I'm so tired I find that I am always dozing off. Once in a while I will have bout of insomnia but mostly I sleep. Does anyone else have this?

Do you think maybe you are sleeping a lot because you are still tapering off of Valium?  Maybe once you jump, this will improve.  I was on Klonopin so I don't know firsthand about Valium, but from what I have read on BB, Valium is a major depressant -- both physically and emotionally.  I think until you get off of the Valium and begin to fully heal, you shouldn't worry too much about the sleeping.  Sleeping is such a healer.  Someday, you will be energetic again!

Jaddy: My pdoc is a very smart man and he said I sleep a lot because I am having w/d fatigue. He said that I was moaning earlier on because I had a bad bout of insomnia.....Which was so true. Time for the gym and then to bed for a nap!t At least mine are not toxic.

Bets

Hi Jaddy!

No no, you are not alone, I believe you have found the support group and now know that :hug:

I agree with Bets and Herckie, withdrawal in itself can cause fatigue, additionally you have crossed-over to a hefty dose of Valium which is very likely to make you sleep, especially as it is "new" to you.

You will probably find that the sleepiness from the drug will decrease as your body adapts to it.

Sleep is a healer  :thumbsup: BUT I understand your frustration...! You are definitely not alone!

All the best,

Julz xxx

• 5 years later...