Does clonazapam (lipophilic) actually DISSOLVE in milk or just DISPERSE?

[Da...]

I just reread the first "sticky" on this forum and want to make sure I understand this correctly: since clonazapam is lipophillic, does that mean it is dissolving in the fat of whole milk or just binding to the fat (not sure if that is the same thing as what dissolving means) ;is it in solution or are the clonazapam particles still in suspension?

If you grind the pills up and stir or shake the mixture, does how long you leave it in the milk help it to dissolve more fully or do the particles just eventually fall to the bottom?

Thanks.

You are correct that K is lipophillic.  I've searched hard on the internet looking for a factual answer to the question you ask about solubility vs. suspension and have not been able to prove one way or the other.  So we are left with opinion.  My opinion is the K does in fact dissolve (or bind to the fat...I, also, am not sure what binding is).  The reason I say this is due to the fact that anyone who tries it seems to be successful.  If it was suspending I don't think we'd see the same success rate.  It is a very reliable method.

Whether clonazepam is lipophillic is unclear. Various sources: 'low to intermediate', 'high'.

There is the general statement that all benzos are lipohilic.

'pharmacokinetics' is incredibly complex. It can be, anyway.

While I don't really know, I think it is closer to a suspension than to a solution.

Don't forget the plasma protein binding ! There is protein in milk, right ? ...

I wonder if leaving it in the milk for very long does not create an uneven distribution. But what do I know ...

Thanks, Liberty and SG57. I actually asked a two pharmacists (in two different stores I happened to be in on Sunday) and they seemed unsure of the answer!!! I would have thought that having a PHD in pharmacy meant you would have had enough chemistry to understand a "simple?" question like that! These were both younger pharmacists who couldn't have been that long out of school! The second pharmacist I asked said that if it was lipophilic it would  dissolve in the fat and become a solution, and would not change its structure, but she didn't seem quite 100% sure!