Titration help!

[Fr...]

Hi, I am currently on 6.5mg of Diazepam (tapering 0.5 every 9-13 days). I am tapering from 40-60 mg of valium for more than 6 years, my question is...what is a titration method how is it done? I am scared to go down below 4mg with just a 0.5mg taper of valium because the reduction percentage becomes too much. My concern is that and my question, how is titration performed, examples? How is it measured and set up? I have seen examples on youtube but I am still confused as far as how the process goes. Also need help on tapering Gabapentin, have been on 3,200mg every day for 6 years. I feel like that will be a problem as well. I am very scared and my doctor treats these pills as if they were candy, he gives me loads of doses and takes them away as if withdrawal does not exist and he gets mad if I properly taper because that's not what HE said. Thanks all.

Frank, about this:

Also need help on tapering Gabapentin, have been on 3,200mg every day for 6 years. I feel like that will be a problem as well.

I tapered from 2,300 mgs of Gabapentin without a problem. I perhaps went needlessly slowly, but I found that dropping 100 mgs every 3 or 4 days did not give me any trouble. If you are concerned, you could drop 100 mgs a week.

Good luck!