Setback at 0.66mg V. How to proceed?

[Si...]

Hi BBs. I am microtapering V and it got difficult when i hit 0.75mg. i reduced my cut rate from 0.01 to 0.005 daily and it still wasnt easy.

yesterday afternoon i ingested a small pinch of weed like i do once in a while to ease things a bit. It backfired. i had a panic attack and i thought i was having a heart attack, asthma, stroke or whatever life threatening issue. i updosed to 1mg already but it didnt help. i went to an ER but it turned out it was just a panic attack. i was given 50 mg metroprolol to relieve symptoms and they wanted to give me IV diazepam 5mg. I refused saying i was tapering.

i was bordering on paranoia with rushed thoughts and all the good stuff. i was thinking the weed i ingested was laced with other drugs or something. i got really scared and i was taking halves of 5mgV tablets i had in my pocket. i ended up taking 2.5X3=7.5mg more so yesterday i took about 8.5mg V total.

how do i proceed with the taper now? do i just go back to 0.66 mgV and hold there for a while? im really scared i ruined my taper and not be able to go back to 0.66mg again. or should i just go back to 0.75mg and hold for a while?

TIA. scared,

SF

thanks benzo-off. thats what im planning too. but im scared it will be rough because of the extra V in my system. have you had any similar experience? thanks again.

I would go back to the 0.75mg and just keep holding until things settle down, even if that means you have to hold for a while. A lot of people hit a rough spot in the low doses where nothing seems to help. It's probably to do with the accumulation of the half life of valium. It happened to me when I hit 1mg and all I could do was hold for 2 months. I got through it though and I've now been valium free for almost 16 months. Don't try to rush it. You're on the homeward stretch. If you need to hold, you need to hold.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]