Help needed with Vodka/Water Titration used for taper of Clonzepam...

[Gr...]

Grandpa D came up with this Vodka/Water Titration and we'd REALLY like to know your thoughts on it...

Vodka/Water Titration used for taper of Clonzepam

Prepare the solution:

1) Dissolve 0.5 mg Clonzepam pill in 3 ml 80 proof vodka in the 100 ml cylinder.

2) Add water to fill the cylinder to 100 ml.

3) Each ml of this solution contains 0.005 mg of Clonzepam (0.005 mg/ml)

Currently splitting 0.5 mg Clonzepam pills 1/4 and 1/8, taking the 1/8 in the morning and 1/4 in the evening.  Taper from current dose of 3/8 of a 0.5 mg Clonzepam pill taken each day (3/8 of 0.5 mg. = 0.1875 mg.)

Start by taking 18.75 ml of titration solution twice a day.

(0.1875 mg / 0.005 mg/ml = 37.5 ml,

(37.5 ml / 2 = 18.75 ml)

Make cuts of 10% and hold until stabilized.  Once down to a tiny dose, cut by 1 ml amounts.

Cuts of 10%:

After first cut of 10%, the dose will be 16.87 ml taken twice per day.

(18.75 ml – 0.1 x 18.75 ml = 16.87 ml)

Second cut: 15.18 ml

Third cut: 13.67 ml

Forth cut: 12.30 ml

Fifth cut: 11.07 ml

Sixth cut: 9.96 ml

Cut by 1 ml amounts after this point:

Seventh cut: 9 ml

Eighth cut 8 ml

… etc.

That'll work, Grammy and Grampy.

Your dose is .1875mgK (37.5ml).  I agree with evening the doses by taking 18.75ml twice a day.  I'd consider cutting every day by .00075mg (.15ml) instead of lopping off 10% all at once.  Or at least make much smaller cuts down under a few percent.  This will keep the drug in your body to help with symptoms until your body is ready to deal with the cut and result in less intense symptoms, yet it will be no slower.

Your dose is .1875mgK (37.5ml).  I agree with evening the doses by taking 18.75ml twice a day.  I'd consider cutting every day by .00075mg (.15ml) instead of lopping off 10% all at once.  Or at least make much smaller cuts down under a few percent.  This will keep the drug in your body to help with symptoms until your body is ready to deal with the cut and result in less intense symptoms, yet it will be no slower.

Thank you SG57.  I sure appreciate your input.  :thumbsup:

Should I stabilize before I start cutting?

Yes, I would.  When the switch from dry cutting to liquid is made it often feels like a cut, so just holding for an adjustment period of a week or two is a good idea.  Don't begin cutting until you feel ready.

I agree!!  :thumbsup:

Yes, I would.  When the switch from dry cutting to liquid is made it often feels like a cut, so just holding for an adjustment period of a week or two is a good idea.  Don't begin cutting until you feel ready.

:thumbsup:

I would not use the graduated cylinder to prepare your daily doses. The liquid needs to be shaken before measuring a dose--a graduated cylinder does not allow for this.  It is best to use a container with a tight fitting lid. Place the pill in the container, add the alcohol, then use the cylinder to measure out the water. For example if you are using 3 mL of alcohol and dilute to 100 mL, you would place 3 mL of alcohol in the container with the pill.  Using the graduated cylinder, measure out 97 mL of water and add to the container.  Cap, and shake.  You can then remove your dose.

Anne

I would not use the graduated cylinder to prepare your daily doses. The liquid needs to be shaken before measuring a dose--a graduated cylinder does not allow for this.  It is best to use a container with a tight fitting lid. Place the pill in the container, add the alcohol, then use the cylinder to measure out the water. For example if you are using 3 mL of alcohol and dilute to 100 mL, you would place 3 mL of alcohol in the container with the pill.  Using the graduated cylinder, measure out 97 mL of water and add to the container.  Cap, and shake.  You can then remove your dose.

Anne

Thank you Anne!

You can go to a compounding pharmacy and they will make up your desired dosage so you can reduce accurately. Of course you will need to go to your doctor and have them write out the prescription first. Im down to .4mg of Valium and the compounding pharmacy made the last mg of Valium into 10 percent reductions that I take for a week. I could not imagine doing this taper any other way. Super easy and the withdrawal is minimal!

I'm feeling awful And I will be on this level one week on Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if the right thing to do is stay at this level until I feel better before tapering. Is that no matter how long it takes? Right now I'm afraid I'll never feel better and I'll be stuck at this level for ever. Depressed, anxious, crying, so many symptoms I can't remember them all. But I should stay at this level until I feel better before I taper no matter how long it takes? Somebody please comment!