Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Am I doing this right?

[Cr...]

I've been following instructions from my pharmacist, but after reading threads here, I'm wondering if I'm titrating correctly. Please comment.

I use a 60ml brown bottle. I fill it with 50ml of distilled water and 10ml of glycerin. I crush 20 days worth of Klonopin with a pestle and mortar and add to the solution. Using a syringe, I take out 1ml tid. Each time, I shake the bottle vigorously for 30 seconds.

It sounds like you are trying to suspend in liquid.  You didn't say what your dose is in terms of K, but if your dose is 3ml a day I would think that it is too concentrated to make accurate cuts, and maybe even accurate doses.

Hi SG57,

Thank you for the response!

My dose is .10 mg per day. So i take .033 per dose, tid. After i mix it in the liquid, this is equal to 1ml per dose with the syringe.

I'm not sure what you mean by "too concentrated"..?

So you put 2mg K into 60ml liquid.  That is a .0333mg/ml strength liquid.  Each ml contains .0333mg K.

At a dose of .1mg K you want to be cutting quite small...somewhere near .001-.002mg a day typically.  This would mean making cuts of ~.03-.05ml on your 1ml syringe.  Perhaps hard on the eyes, but doable.