Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Daily Tension headaches, head pressure or weird head sensations!

[an...]

Ever since post taper around month 2 I started experiencing intense head pressure, as time went on it morphed into different sensations. I am now close to 15 months off and I still experience these symptoms every morning and evening. Also sometimes if I'm around noise, or people or talk too long on the phone my head feels over stimulated and it's very uncomfortable that I have to leave or stop. Does anyone else experience this? Did it get better or go away? Thanks!

Ever since post taper around month 2 I started experiencing intense head pressure, as time went on it morphed into different sensations. I am now close to 15 months off and I still experience these symptoms every morning and evening. Also sometimes if I'm around noise, or people or talk too long on the phone my head feels over stimulated and it's very uncomfortable that I have to leave or stop. Does anyone else experience this? Did it get better or go away? Thanks!

Hi,

These symptoms, especially the head pressure and hypersensitivity, are almost universal in benzo withdrawal.  Head pressure was my last symptom to go.  I hope you feel better soon, but it took me over two years for all these symptoms to stop.

:smitten:

Wow over 2 years! I really can't imagine having to live this way for over 2 years. This suffering is beyond horrible. I'm glad to know its gone for you. Thanks for responding. :)

Yes I could of wrote your post , in fact I wrote somthing similar a few weeks back .

Mine comes in waves , I can have a week exactly like your symptoms .

Strange head pressure that just comes and goes .

The terrible over stimulating sensation on the phone .

My partner had to finish my conversation off to my dad a few weeks ago because it felt like my brain was gonna blow , It took me a good hour to calm down after :(

This is hell :(  all of it .....

I too have these symptoms. (Currently in a wave, second day) They continue to come in waves since month 2.

I wish us all comfort and complete healing very soon!  :smitten:

Sorry for all of your suffering too! It's good to know in not alone. It's so lonely in Benzoland, people can't comprehend the intensity of these hellish symptoms. I sure hope we see some improvements soon!

My head symptons have been horrific. Head pressure, electricity all through my brain, brain cramping, muscle pulling sensations which also correlate with mood changes. 7 months on still got it but it's getting better I think but still no windows...

im 22 months and this just left for me 2 weeks ago...i felt everything u could imagine lol...but its all the muscles...not ur brain...i just put a hot press on my head or took a shower and it relieved it somewhat briefly...

Allbymyself- thank you for chiming in. Good to know yours is better. It feels like complete utter brain damage. Very distressing. I can't wait for the day it goes for me. Hopefully sooner then later. So uncomfortable

I actually think mine is in the brain.  I have the tension type band around my head which is muscular but i am positive mine is also in the brain.  I hope it is my brain healing rather than damage.  Very frustrating stuff!