Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Flonase?

[Er...]

Does anyone have experience starting Flonase while tapering? Allergy season in ramping up here and the Allegra isn't cutting it for the stuffy nose any more. I've taken Flonase in the past before tapering with no issues. I started it 4 days ago and last night I had a rough night. I'm not sure If it's just from the cuts or if it could possibly be from the Flonase. A search here didn't reveal much and you know how it is when it comes to other medications while tapering. Who knows what reacts with what anymore. It seems like everyone has had a reaction to something  :crazy:

Thanks!

I have to use Nasacort or I can't breathe through my nose.  Of it is causing side effects I don't notice it enough to stop.  Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello EricSS!  :smitten:

I had pretty bad withdrawal symptoms 2 years ago from using flonase nasal spray for at least 2-3 weeks. I had used it 2x daily as doctor prescribed (one spray in each nostril.. morning & night) for about 3 weeks.

Since then, if I need nasal allergy relief, I use saline nasal spray and/or boil water, put a cap full of ACV (Bragg's apple cider vinegar unfiltered with the "mother" in it.)...remove from heat and inhale the steam/ vapor. It works great and it's natural!

:smitten: