There is Hope(3 weeks Benzo Free)

[na...]

Hey Buddies I just thought I would write a list of symptoms that I experienced during my taper off Klonopin, in hope that it will bring reassurance, which in my opinion is much needed in benzo withdrawal. Even though it feels like it will last forever, it won't; and you will be better and stronger for what you have gone through....  So here is a list of some of my symptoms...

Brain Fog                                     

Lack of Motivation

Intrusive thoughts and Songs

Dizziness

Weakness

Muscle Pain

Shaking Attacks

Morbid and Disturbing thoughts

Depression

Acute Anxiety

Memory Problems

Numbness in body(VERY UNPLEASANT)

And many more I cannot recall...

Some things I implemented that helped immensely were:

Deep Breathing(Took away anxiety)

Exercise (Biked everyday)

Positive thoughts and affirmations(Huge)

Prayer

Changed my diet(Mostly fruits and Vegetables)

Supplements( Took B and C vitamins and Omega 3 fish oil)

My Hope is that everyone will start to see healing and rest assured it DOES GET BETTER!!!!

GOD BLESS

Nate(+)

You are all in my prayers.... (+)

Congrats Nate!!  Glad to hear you've completed your taper  :thumbsup:

I can absolutely relate to all the symptoms you've mentioned.  It's only been a little over a month for me since I quit K once and for all, and I'm definitely seeing improvement.  It sounds like you've taken some great steps to aid in your recovery.  Keep posting - I'd love to hear more about your journey  ;D

Thanks Nate,

It's been a long time for me, I've been healed awhile now.  But, looking at your list really brought back memories.  I truly hated the song that played in my head.  It wasn't even a song really, just 5 notes....over and over and over.

Thanks for telling us how well you're doing.

Pam

Dear Nate

Congratulations on being benzo free.  I really liked the concise way you listed your worst symptoms and the things you did that helped you.  I will be stealing a few ideas from the second list if you don't mind.

ntw

Thank you for your post. I am just about 3 months also. Recently my anxiety has returned and has been terrible.

My back is killing me! Fog, lack of motivation-all of the things that you mentioned.

I almost gave up today and took a different bezo to end this damned suffering.I will keep trying . it gave me hope to hear that the suggested things are working for you.

Good luck!! Thanks for your optimism!

Steph

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Nate. I'm at one month benzo-free, but I cold turkeyed it so I'm in w/d hell now (could be worse, though). Your symptom list is really helpful (I have all of those, pretty much). Also, your recommendations are great. You've really helped me. Thanks again! I'm so happy for you that you made it through this; it's inspiring.

Take care,

Matteo :thumbsup:

Dear Nate

thanks for taking the time to post the sx's you experienced. I could add a few myself at this moment. You covered the major ones that is for sure.

So happy for you that you are free :yippee:

all the best and my prayers are with you for a continued  "Wide open window journey!" 8)

Pennnyblue

• 1 month later...

Nate:

What a great post you have with the list of your symptoms.  Yep - I experienced all of those on my taper journey and am now benzo-free for 3 days.  It's hell right now but I hope to find relief and healing soon.  Thanks, too, for the list of things you implemented to help you.  Although I can't take supplements due to them revving my s/x up, I am a huge believer in prayer and will be praying for your continued healing.

Again, thank you for sharing that with me/us.

Jan

Hi Nate

Congrats and all the very best for you. Thank you for the heads up on what to look for on this journey. I noticed that you keep yourself busy. I am just starting. but noticed that helps a lot. Hopefully some of my passions like fly fishing and gardening will return when I rid my body of this poison.

Godspeed

Teckels

Congratulations, Nate on a job well done!

I just noticed you referring to 'intrusive songs', never heard soeone identify that symptom but I sure remember it now!- particularly annoying songs I hated!,

Anyhow, well done and thanks for relating your story,

All the best,

Mr B :thumbsup:

Hope your still doing well. The withdrawal symptoms  are soooo mesd up. The numbness is top of my hate list. Goodluck man. ( 4 days free  ;D) Hard cluck  :sick: 

• 4 weeks later...

A great post. Thanks so much! My w/d symptoms are tracking so hopefully my recovery will as well. So appreciate you taking the time to come back on here and cheer on those of us working our way off of this awful stuff!

Stay well!  :mybuddy: