If the benzo dissolves in the fat of milk could it not be as bio-available?

[Da...]

??? Pardon me if this is a dumb question, all you chemistry-smart people out there, but if a molecule,like clonazapam or other fat soluble med, dissolves into a solution with whole milk- is it chemically still the same?? Is it connected to the fat molecule or in anyway not as "bio-available" as the straight pill form? I am just wondering.

Thanks for any info.

??? Pardon me if this is a dumb question, all you chemistry-smart people out there, but if a molecule,like clonazapam or other fat soluble med, dissolves into a solution with whole milk- is it chemically still the same?? Is it connected to the fat molecule or in anyway not as "bio-available" as the straight pill form? I am just wondering.

Thanks for any info.

Yes.

Thanks, Builder. I was just wondering why some people have trouble with the milk titration at first(besides any lactose intolerance issues of course). My daughter seemed to be having some issues even on her full original does in milk, and I went back to the straight pill for awhile to see if it would help and it really seems to be better. (She was having so many issues and had some more important exams coming up so I put her back up at her original dose for awhile and will micro taper even slower later to see if that helps)

I looked it up on the internet but couldn't find any answers that I could understand - it all seemed to be college level chemistry!! However I did one explanation of what happens when salt is dissolved in water and apparently the sodium and chloride molecules are pulled apart by the charged polarity of water!! But apparently lipids are not polarized? So maybe this doesn't happen with lipid dissolving molecules like clonazapam??

Perhaps the difference between milk and pill form is that you might not be getting every last drop of clonazapam (or other benzos) in the milk?? I see a few particles left on the side of the glass , but assumed those must be the fillers since the benzo is supposed to have dissolved in the milk, right?

Perhaps the difference between milk and pill form is that you might not be getting every last drop of clonazapam (or other benzos) in the milk?? I see a few particles left on the side of the glass , but assumed those must be the fillers since the benzo is supposed to have dissolved in the milk, right?

Very probably just non-soluble inactive ingredients.  But with any liquid taper procedure, its a good idea to rinse the dose container and drink the rinse.  This insures you are not leaving any med behind in the container.

Thanks for any info.

Yes.

builder, I always enjoy how you get to the point in as few words as needed :smitten:

Thanks for any info.

Yes.

builder, I always enjoy how you get to the point in as few words as needed :smitten:

:)

Thanks for any info.

Yes.

:)

Wow, even with no words!  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Heretohear--I believe that Builder was saying that the medicine  IS  still the same chemically when dissolved into milk (notice that he bolded the words highlighted the question "is it chemically still the same?" before he replied "yes". (I could see how it could be a confusing answer!)

Hope this helps.

Heretohear--I believe that Builder was saying that the medicine  IS  still the same chemically when dissolved into milk (notice that he bolded the words highlighted the question "is it chemically still the same?" before he replied "yes". (I could see how it could be a confusing answer!)

Hope this helps.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have only experience with the tablets and the drops as made by the manufacturer.

If I'm not mistaken, the drops have a 100 % bioavailability, the tablets less.

And from experience, I know that the drops/liquid is different from the tablets.

Only the physical form (from dry compressed powder to dissolve liquid ) is changed.  Medically, pharmaceutically, it is still the same med and has all the other original properties.