Are benzos bitter?

[dr...]

[d7...]
Did the pharmacy add any flavoring to the suspension?  If not, you might try adding some Mio or Stur or some other flavored drink concentrate to cover up the bitterness.  I think benzos are somewhat basic/alkaline, hence the bitter taste. 

Will someone clock in on what their benzo tasted like and was it prohibitively bitter? What drug and dosage? I'm trying to get perspective on whether I can go forward with this. Is my suspension that different from alcohol or milk?

Thx

Did the pharmacy add any flavoring to the suspension?  If not, you might try adding some Mio or Stur or some other flavored drink concentrate to cover up the bitterness.  I think benzos are somewhat basic/alkaline, hence the bitter taste.

They added 5 drugs and 3 of them weren't covered under insurance. No drug reason, just that thats what a suspension is. The pharm said it wasn't those that were bitter.

It is so bitter that I can't imagine going through months taking it at twice a day. I don't want to dilute it.

I can only speak about valium tablets and valium liquid and both taste like s***. I'm not sure what ratio your suspension is or how it's made, but with pharma grade liquid valium it's specifically designed to be diluted with water which makes it less of a problem.

Evidently there is a certain gene that allows people to taste bitterness more than others. The reason I say this is that I was looking at the 23andme website recently (it is a site that provides genetic testing from a saliva sample) and noticed that one of the genes that there test would identify was for one that had  something to do about  about tasting bitterness. I noticed it and wondered if that is why my husband dislikes cranberries so much (even sweetened cranberry sauce) so much--he tastes a bitterness with them that he can't stand. I love cranberry sauce and it doesn't taste bitter to me at all!!! He is NOT a fussy eater usually, either!!

I meant to add that my daughter, who doesn't really like the taste of milk, had no problem drinking the clonazepam/milk mixture. Believe me, she would have let me know if it was bitter.

I meant to add that my daughter, who doesn't really like the taste of milk, had no problem drinking the clonazepam/milk mixture. Believe me, she would have let me know if it was bitter.

So curious... I tried this thing once and I knew that no chaser was going to make it tolerable. It stuck on my tongue for 15 minutes.  $65 copay and that's what you get. The patient keeps paying to suffer and all's right with the world..