my new, outside-the-box plan - opinions?

[ga...]

I am about half crossed from liquid Xanax to Librium capsules. I'm at 25mg L and don't want to add any more L, but plan to taper away the X first and the L last. After tapering a bit, I posted my new schedule over on MT and asked how it looked. SG pointed out that my dosing was way off. (I blame that on my cog fog, and thanks for the rescue, SG!) SG helped me put together a plan to even everything out by dosing both meds 5 times a day. It does involve one novel idea.

I have the L in 5mg capsules and the X as a diluted liquid. The 5 doses would include one dose in the middle of the night in order to space them evenly. I have been taking liquid X in the middle of the night. I keep it in a bottle at my bedside. I drink the X. I keep a syringe of water at my bedside, also, that I squirt into the bottle (so I don't spill by trying to pour liquid) and drink again. I may drop and lose the bottle cap in the dark. I may put the syringe and the bottle down somewhere strange, but I have been successfully taking the diluted solution even half asleep.

The teeny, tiny 5mg L capsule is the problem. If I even out my 25mg L into 5 equal doses, it means taking a capsule in the middle of the night. I am pretty sure I'll drop it and lose it may not even remember if I took it or lost it by morning. So, I am thinking of opening the capsule and dumping it into my diluted alprazolam intensol that is already at my bedside. The intensol is a strong solution of X and salt and propylene glycol and water that I dilute down to 5%. So now I will have a suspension of L and its fillers mixed into a diluted solution of X.

I'm thinking if I forget to shake, I'll leave behind part of the suspended L but get almost every bit of the X.  I can always rinse, shake, and drink it again in the morning to get the last bit of L.

My other option would be taking 10mg L at bedtime and skipping the middle of the night. So that would be 3 doses of 5mg during the day, 10mg L at bedtime, and none in the night.

The X I would dose 5 times around the clock, tapering it round robin every day. Can't get away with less often and will be very happy when it's gone, like at the turn of the next century. :P

I know people don't have much experience with L. Because of its very long, active metabolites, L has a half life almost as long as V, so people with V experience can just think of the L as weak V.

Thank you for any suggestions!

he teeny, tiny 5mg L capsule is the problem. If I even out my 25mg L into 5 equal doses, it means taking a capsule in the middle of the night. I am pretty sure I'll drop it and lose it may not even remember if I took it or lost it by morning. So, I am thinking of opening the capsule and dumping it into my diluted alprazolam intensol that is already at my bedside. The intensol is a strong solution of X and salt and propylene glycol and water that I dilute down to 5%. So now I will have a suspension of L and its fillers mixed into a diluted solution of X.
  No, you will have a solution.  Librium is water soluble.  Its probably also soluble in PG.

he teeny, tiny 5mg L capsule is the problem. If I even out my 25mg L into 5 equal doses, it means taking a capsule in the middle of the night. I am pretty sure I'll drop it and lose it may not even remember if I took it or lost it by morning. So, I am thinking of opening the capsule and dumping it into my diluted alprazolam intensol that is already at my bedside. The intensol is a strong solution of X and salt and propylene glycol and water that I dilute down to 5%. So now I will have a suspension of L and its fillers mixed into a diluted solution of X.
  No, you will have a solution.  Librium is water soluble.  Its probably also soluble in PG.

Interesting. I've read arguments about how soluble L really is in water, but I can't remember where and who won. SG and I assumed I was making a suspension when we added the L to the X dilution, but no??  :wacko: 

When I mentioned I might dissolve the L and add it to the X (already in solution), SG was saying he was concerned about creating a weird solution of 2 different benzos that might interact in some way. You know, Murphy's law. If you go to MT, you will see our attempt at figuring out how to un-mess the mess I made with my dosing when I half-crossed and then continued to MT the X.

I am very eager to un-mess it, especially if it will cut down on my symptoms which continue to be very difficult in spite of how slow my taper is. Much better with the L in there, though. The X taper was brutal.

Chlordiazepoxide hydrochloride is 7-chloro-2- (methylamino) -5-phenyl-3H-1,4-benzodiazepine 4-oxide hydrochloride. A white to practically white crystalline substance, it is soluble in water./i]

http://www.rxlist.com/librium-drug.htm

Water Solubility

2000 mg/L

YALKOWSKY,SH & DANNENFELSER,RM (1992)

(or  2mg/ml)

http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/chlordiazepoxide#section=Solu

bility

3.3.3  Description

Soluble in water; soluble or sparingly soluble

in alcohol; practically insoluble in chloroform, in

ether, and in petroleum spirit.

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/pim321.htm#SectionTitle:3.3%20%20Physical%20properties

OK, I believe it is soluble in water. But:

http://www.rxlist.com/librium-drug.htm

Chlordiazepoxide hydrochloride is 7-chloro-2- (methylamino) -5-phenyl-3H-1,4-benzodiazepine 4-oxide hydrochloride. A white to practically white crystalline substance, it is soluble in water. It is unstable in solution and the powder must be protected from light.

I have no idea what that means. :(

How about I just take 2 capsules at bedtime and forget the middle of the night dose until I figure this out? So that would be 25mg of L total: 10mg at bedtime and 5mg 3 times during the day to total 25mg. Would that be so bad?

Sorry I can't stay focused to figure this out. My neuropathy is getting worse and worse today and sapping my brain power.  :(