Please Help. I need a titration plan

[Mi...]

I have read about the milk titration.... I am on 4 mg of klonopin. Been on it for 8 years. I take 1 milligram 4 times per day.. Tried dry taper and thought I was over at .5 mg and messed up ... I had to go back up to 4. Nightmare... I need to do it again but this time with liquid titration. I have anxiety now and major depression . I am not looking to do a fast taper, just the correct taper so that I can be somewhat normal again.. I am 61. I have GAD and major depression and doctor says I am bipolar.

I will be using 100ml Plastic Graduated Cylinder  1 milliliter increments

Thank you kindly

Michael

Hi, Milk is a good choice for K.  Be sure to use whole full fat milk.

There are different ways to go about this depending on choices you make, number of doses, etc.  You'll need syringes and some jars.  The cylinder will also be helpful.

I have read about the milk titration.... I am on 4 mg of klonopin. Been on it for 8 years. I take 1 milligram 4 times per day.. Tried dry taper and thought I was over at .5 mg and messed up ... I had to go back up to 4. Nightmare... I need to do it again but this time with liquid titration. I have anxiety now and major depression . I am not looking to do a fast taper, just the correct taper so that I can be somewhat normal again.. I am 61. I have GAD and major depression and doctor says I am bipolar.

I will be using 100ml Plastic Graduated Cylinder  1 milliliter increments

Thank you kindly

Michael

As SG said you will need some syringes.  I have both 10 mL and 1 mL syringes. You will also need a container to mix your pill and liquid.  I have two cylinders--a 200 mL and a 50 mL.  I use the 200 mL to measure out my water. Right now, I am at 125 mL of liquid.  If using vodka I  put my pill into a container.  Add 2 mL of vodka. I then add 123 mL of water to the container using my 200 mL cylinder. Shake very well.  I use the 50 mL cylinder to measure out my doses. Today I measured out 24.6 mL per dose.  I measured 24 mL using my 50 mL graduated cylinder, and then added 0.4 mL using the syringe. I either drink right from the cylinder or if I am preparing the dose for work, I add it to a container (with a tight fitting lid). I then add a bit more water to the cylinder and add to the container.  This sounds complicated, but it is easy once you get used to it.

Some people just use syringes for all measurements, but I like using the graduated cylinder because it saves time.  I am able to prepare 5 doses in about 2 minutes.