Need Help and in rough Shape!

[Ma...]

Taking Diazepam 30 mg for 5 years

Took 2 MG of K in Ending in March CT of that...

Taking 1 MG of Ativan  also...

Paxil 12 Years 30 MG CT a Year ago

Alcohol Free for about 3 weeks now, was drinking heavily before that....

Symptoms.....

Sleep 4 hours and wake up with a panic attack..

Bloated stomach, Trouble eating,gurling  stomach, Feeling like I'm gonna Vomit, Direahea if I do eat

No Energy , Feel comepletely Blunted and empty depressed

No apetite , barely any sense of Smell

Super sensistive to sound and light

Acute Anxiety...

Night Sweats

RLS for the 1st time Ever

Can't relax

Shaking

Feel like I'm going crazy

Need to get off this junk....

Also would I still be at risk of a sezuire from CT the K

and Could Valium Tolerance withdrawal be causing all this.....

Thanks,

Magoo

Hi Magoo,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!!

Congrats on being alcohol free! Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. A cold turkey off the 2mg of Klonopin could very well be causing you some problems still. Quitting drinking 3 weeks ago could also be adding to your symptoms as alcohol and benzos act on the same brain receptors. It is possible drinking helped to cover up the cold turkey symptoms. It is never recommended to cold turkey from benzos as it can bring on protracted withdrawal symptoms. Since it's been since March since your C/T and 3 weeks since quitting drinking, I do not think you need to worry about having a seizure.

Do you take the 1.0mg of Ativan once a day? That could also be giving you interdosal withdrawal symptoms as it it usually suggested to dose 2 or 3 times per day.

Your body has been through a lot in the last year and it is going to take some time to heal. You need to see if you can stabilize your symptoms and then begin a slow taper from the benzos. We recommend tapering off the faster acting benzo (Ativan) first at approximately 10% off your total daily dose every 7-14 days.

If you have more questions, just ask!

T2 :smitten:

Hi Magoo,

Welcome, we're glad you found us.  Your symptoms certainly sound like benzo withdrawal, I'm so sorry you're suffering.  It's great you've quit drinking, that will make it easier to taper off of the Ativan. 

Feel free to look around the forum, you'll find a lot of information here to help you understand what's happening to you.  Ask as many questions as you need in order to feel more comfortable about what we do here.

Pam

Well I sure wish my stomach would work better, Be nice to able to have a meal. If find it strange I've barely eaten anything in a month, but Im getting a bigger belly. What would be the best way to reduce my ativan dose, right now, been taking a 1mg for a month......

Well I sure wish my stomach would work better, Be nice to able to have a meal. If find it strange I've barely eaten anything in a month, but Im getting a bigger belly. What would be the best way to reduce my ativan dose, right now, been taking a 1mg for a month......

Hi Magoo,

If you are not already doing so, it's best to spread out a short acting benzo like ativan to two doses a day.

I suggest you reduce by making 0.25mg cuts. (1/4 of a 1mg pill or 1/2 of a 0.5mg pill).  This would be aprox equivalent (according to most charts) to 2.5mg diazepam (valium)

This would be very doable, considering you are also on 30mg valium. an 0.25mg ativan cut is about a 6% cut of your total benzo dose.  

Make your reductions every week or two. You can adjust this as you go.

Taking Diazepam 30 mg for 5 years

Took 2 MG of K in Ending in March CT of that...

Taking 1 MG of Ativan  also...

Paxil 12 Years 30 MG CT a Year ago

Alcohol Free for about 3 weeks now, was drinking heavily before that....

Symptoms.....

Sleep 4 hours and wake up with a panic attack..

Bloated stomach, Trouble eating,gurling  stomach, Feeling like I'm gonna Vomit, Direahea if I do eat

No Energy , Feel comepletely Blunted and empty depressed

No apetite , barely any sense of Smell

Super sensistive to sound and light

Acute Anxiety...

Night Sweats

RLS for the 1st time Ever

Can't relax

Shaking

Feel like I'm going crazy

Need to get off this junk....

Also would I still be at risk of a sezuire from CT the K

and Could Valium Tolerance withdrawal be causing all this.....

Thanks,

Magoo

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, Magoo.  ;D

I'm so sorry you are feeling so ill.  :therethere:  Sad to say, you have a lot of factors that could be contributing.  Tolerance withdrawal from the long valium use, c/t of klonopin (if I understood that correctly), interdose withdrawal from taking ativan 1/day (?) and quitting alcohol are all likely culprits and may be combining to make you so miserable.  Try to find some comfort in the fact that these symptoms are temporary, though no one knows how soon they will dissipate.  Sounds like you have what's referred to as "benzo belly".  I think the people that seem to have the most trouble with gastric upset/IBS-like symptoms tend to get that bloated feeling/look from time to time as well.  Is there anything you can eat? Protein shakes? Yogurt?  Crackers and tea? 

I took ativan/lorazepam and had to take it a least 3x/day but even 2x/day could help.  It's very short acting.  Do you stick to the 1mg/day or take more sometimes "as needed"?  Do you have the 1 mg or .5mg tablets?

M-

Ensure helped me when I had nausea symptoms from accidental cold turkey.

Congrats on quitting drinking!  Hope you start feeling better soon --

Jane