Looking for Help Developing a Titration Plan for Klonopin

[e6...]

[e6...]

I'm reading the Ashton Manual (finally) and unfortunately I don't really have access to Valium, so I'm going to need to go through withdrawal with the Klonopin that I've been on for about two and a half years. I have tried dry cutting and even small cuts have made the side effects pretty much unbearable as I believe I've reached tolerance withdrawal so I want to seriously try a liquid titration method for the first time and am looking for help with setting up a schedule.

I take 2.5 mg's of Klonopin daily and I'm looking to do a milk titration withdrawal. If anybody could help me set up a schedule it would be greatly appreciated. I had asked for help before but I'm still confused about how much and how often I'm supposed to cut exactly (you'll have to excuse me because, as I'm sure a lot of you have also experienced, my attention, cog fog and memory are all just horrendous). Any help you could give would be appreciated. Thanks!

[e6...]
They're 1 mg pills. So it's ok to stick with Klonopin throughout the whole tapering process and never switching to Valium? Also, would I put both 1 mg tablets into the same mixture which I would then take the liquid cuts from and distribute it evenly into 2 daily liquid dosages? And also should I take the same size cut every day (so if I'm doing 10%. take .05 the first day and then .10 the next and so on) or are the cuts supposed to be weekly (.05 one week, .10 the next, etc)? Sorry for being redundant, I'm still just a little confused about the whole liquid titration process.

Absolutely.  K tapers just fine.  No need to switch.

You can liquify the entire dose, but my usual approach is to liquify one whole pill at a time and take the rest dry.

Yes, cut the same size daily and hold only as needed.  I'd recommend beginning at 7.5% a month to get yourself oriented and have immediate success.  Then go up from there.  At your dose of 2.5mg K that would be a daily cut of .006mg.

Hi,

If it were me I would put your .5 mg pill into whatever amount of milk you are using. Take your cut out of that and throw it away. Divide the rest into two doses. Take one dose with one 1 mg pill and take the other liquid dose with the other 1 mg pill.

Jenny

[e6...]
Thanks for the help. Wait so if I'm only liquid titrating .5 of the 2.5 total, then what am I supposed to do when I get down to 2 mg's? Keep doing .5 at a time liquid with the rest dry? Also does it matter when I take the liquid solution? Has anyone had a better experience taking it in the morning or the evening? I'm guessing I'll at least start out taking the liquid dosage in the evening to see how it goes.

I usually advise liquifying one whole pill at a time.

Dosing should be even and done as many times a day as needed.  For most people once is not enough.