taper off klonopin request

[jo...]

I currently take .5 mg klonopin daily, typically in the morning.  I will begin my taper as soon as I get my 100 ml graduated cylinder and my mortar & pestile.  I've heard the typical time frame for titration is 100 days, however I saw in another post that for a dosage like mine a 50 day titration is also doable.  Is this method really considered better than cutting?  Can people who choose titration typically expect less w/d symptoms?  Like anyone on this site, I'm trying to make my tapering as bearable as possible, as I have to work 40+ hours a week behind a bar while doing it. 

I currently take .5 mg klonopin daily, typically in the morning.  I will begin my taper as soon as I get my 100 ml graduated cylinder and my mortar & pestile.  I've heard the typical time frame for titration is 100 days, however I saw in another post that for a dosage like mine a 50 day titration is also doable.  Is this method really considered better than cutting?  Can people who choose titration typically expect less w/d symptoms?  Like anyone on this site, I'm trying to make my tapering as bearable as possible, as I have to work 40+ hours a week behind a bar while doing it. 

Hi joey,

It is generally more bearable tapering off by titration. Since you are making minute cuts every day instead of one cut every week or two.

To titrate at 1% a day (10% every 10 days), you can use 50ml per day with crushed .50mg pill and extract 1ml per day in which it would take 50 days. You can always slow it down or hold if things become difficult.

You will need to fill out this info for Colin to receive a schedule..... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=11093.msg150014#msg150014

T2 :smitten:

Hi Joey,

Generally speaking, when on a dose like 0.5mg Klonopin, a full titration schedule is overkill and unnecessary. For a simplified schedule, each day, crush up a single 0.5mg pill and add it to 100ml of milk. Simply reduce the amount of the 100ml you consume each day by 1-2 ml.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Good luck.

I've been taking it since January, is a 50 day titration (subtracting 2 ml a day) going to be fine? is it too drastic a cut?

Hi Joey,

I think unless your previous tapering experience tells you otherwise, a cut of 2ml per day from 100ml (a fifty-day taper plan) from a dose 0.5mg Klonopin is a perfectly reasonable plan. Of course, if need be, you can always adjust the taper rate according to how you react. ;)