Titration Prep Tools

[...]

Hello all,

I'm in my first week of crossing over to Klonopin from Xanax. I was taking Xanax (.50) as needed and had unsuccessful dry cut taper.

I'm now stabilizing with Klonopin at a .50/day dose. I have Titration taper plan setup, but it was advised that I stabilize on the Klonopin dose for a two week period before tapering.

During this period I would like to acquire the nesscessary tools to begin the taper upon stabilization.

I was recommended to use BD syringes (5ml, 10ml, 60ml) to cut.

Does it matter if the syringes are sterile or non-sterile? Is the clean out maintenance as simple as running warm water through the syringes?

Thanks for taking the time to include your input. Much appreciated.

- kMx

kMx,

I just used water to rinse my syringes and that worked fine.  I reused the same syringe each day.  Over the course of my taper I replaced one syringe because the measurement markings on the side wore off.

Thanks for the reply Ben. I just want to confirm, sterile/non-sterile doesn't matter?

Congrats on your successful taper.

I hope to accomplished the same objective and be in your position in the near (non rushed) future.

Hello all,

I'm in my first week of crossing over to Klonopin from Xanax. I was taking Xanax (.50) as needed and had unsuccessful dry cut taper.

I'm now stabilizing with Klonopin at a .50/day dose. I have Titration taper plan setup, but it was advised that I stabilize on the Klonopin dose for a two week period before tapering.

During this period I would like to acquire the nesscessary tools to begin the taper upon stabilization.

I was recommended to use BD syringes (5ml, 10ml, 60ml) to cut.

Does it matter if the syringes are sterile or non-sterile? Is the clean out maintenance as simple as running warm water through the syringes?

Thanks for taking the time to include your input. Much appreciated.

- kMx

I used the same 3 syringes (1ml, 10ml, and 60ml) for 2 years.  Fter each use, I just pulled in then ejected plain tap water several times after each use.  I rarely ever actually pulled the plunger out of any of them.

You can extend the life of the markings o the barrel by covering them with cellophane ("Scotch") tape.

Thanks for the reply Ben. I just want to confirm, sterile/non-sterile doesn't matter?

Congrats on your successful taper.

I hope to accomplished the same objective and be in your position in the near (non rushed) future.

kMx,

My syringes were not sterile.