Different version of titration?

[La...]

I saw this simplified version of titrating

http://www.benzosupport.org/lee's_simple_water_titraion.htm

It describes using both just as little as 10 drops of water or 10 ml using a medicine syringe. It seems like it would be an easier method, just using less water, but I wanted to get opinions before I decide what the best choice would be. Does anyone have thoughts?

Some folks have done "water titration" successfully, but many have have found it unsatisfactory.  I tried it 3 times, and it was a disaster

I can tell you that diazepam (and most benzos) are NOT water soluble.  The tablet may disintgrate, but that does NOT mean the diazepam went into solution.

You can however dissolve it in a small amount of alcohol (1-2ml per mg) then dilute that with water.  Many folks have done this successfullt.

Your right it looks like xanax isnt water soluble either. It looks like the alcohol or milk would be better. I'm wanting to try this since I've been having an awful time tapering and am down to cutting a .25 into 4ths, so I figure cutting them down any smaller will just lead to them crumbling and having kind of inconsistent doses maybe

Your right it looks like xanax isnt water soluble either. It looks like the alcohol or milk would be better. I'm wanting to try this since I've been having an awful time tapering and am down to cutting a .25 into 4ths, so I figure cutting them down any smaller will just lead to them crumbling and having kind of inconsistent doses maybe

Either method should be just fine.  Trying to dry taper potent benzos like xanax is almost impossible,

Yeah I've been dry tapering off of it from 4 mg to 0.18 mg over the past 3 months or so and it's been a living hell. I wish I'd have found this message board when I started!

Laura,

I used the water titration method described in your internet link successfully to taper off of clonazepam.  It's important to have sufficient volume so that you can easily make small daily reductions.  I used 250 ml water as described in the website you reference. 

Glad it worked for you  :) it really says 250? on the page I looked at it was using small amounts like 10 ml using a medicine syringe and going down 1 ml at a time. What size cuts did you make?

I also use the water titration method.  The same method that Ben's link describes. The benzo does not dissolve in the water. Lee's water titration is a bit different from the method I am using. I dose three times a day at the same times.  I believe Lee would put her pill into 10 mL of water. She would then remove a small amount of liquid each day (increasing the toss amount once every two weeks), and rather than dosing at regular times, she would take a dropper full when she felt symptoms coming on. I might have this wrong because I am just going from what I remember reading in 2006. It worked for her, and her method was very popular on the yahoo benzo site, but I prefer dosing three times a day with a larger volume--125 mL total. You just have to make sure you shake your liquid very well before very quickly measuring your dose.  Also add water to the container you drink your dose from and then drink the rinse water. 

Many people here use a small amount of alcohol to dissolve their pill.

Anne