What to expect when switching from pills to part liquid?

[Ra...]

Can anyone tell me what to expect when switching from taking all of my dose in pill form to part liquid?  Will I just feel the same?  Is it like a reduction?  I like to think it's the same as taking it in dry form but I have heard some people cannot tolerate switching to liquid for whatever reason.  I just want to know in case I am one of those people.  I am hoping I don't have any problems since it seems to be the easiest way to make small reductions.

Thanks in advance

[0d...]

Some people have reported that it felt like a reduction when they switched from solid to liquid.  I assume there are others (perhaps the majority) who have made the transition pretty easily (we don't hear as much from people when things go smoothly).

I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Alright thanks for the response I hope it goes well for me too.  I gues I will know if it doesn't.  I will also report back as to wether I have good or bad results.  There are so many people that have helped me with info on here it's the least I can do.

Can anyone answer who has actually made the switch?

Can anyone tell me what to expect when switching from taking all of my dose in pill form to part liquid?  Will I just feel the same?  Is it like a reduction?  I like to think it's the same as taking it in dry form but I have heard some people cannot tolerate switching to liquid for whatever reason.  I just want to know in case I am one of those people.  I am hoping I don't have any problems since it seems to be the easiest way to make small reductions.

Thanks in advance

When I switched from tablet to liquid I experienced increased symptoms for about 2 weeks before returning to baseline.  The increased symptoms were similar to the beginning when I was trying to dry cut or during my daily micro-taper when my taper rate was too high and I needed to slow down.  When I switched to liquid I immediately started daily micro-tapering.  Some people wait 1-2 weeks at their current dose to stabilize before starting to taper.

Alright thanks for the response I hope it goes well for me too.  I gues I will know if it doesn't.  I will also report back as to wether I have good or bad results.  There are so many people that have helped me with info on here it's the least I can do.

Can anyone answer who has actually made the switch?

I did C&H with tablets, until it got intolerable.  And I tried "water titration, and it didn't work.

Once I started a daily taper with Rx liquid, my taper was generally smooth and sx-free.

I added liquid for 1o days wit no cut, just as a precaution.  The switch caused no changes at all.

Its the same med.  Yes, some folks seem to experience an effect,m but there is no logical reason why changing part of your dose to a different form should make any difference.

Your tablets become liquid in just a few seconds after hitting your stomach.

Ok thanks for the info Ben I appreciate it.

Builder why do you think liquid titration didn't work for you?

Liquid titration worked very well!!  Water titration is what didn't work.  The reason it doesn't work is Valium, like most benzos is NOT water-soluble.  Once I started  tapering wit Rx liquid V, things went very well.

Interesting..  I'm planning on using vodka to dissolve the pill first so I guess I will see how it goes.  I've seen and know of people who used water without doing the vodka method and it seemed to work ok for them so I'm hoping this will give me a bit of an advantage.  If not I guess I could always use milk.  Water just sounds like it will be so much easier to work with.  I'm not sure my doctor would give me an rx for liquid Clonazepam if they even make it unfortunately he doesn't see a need to taper slowly.  He just tells me if I want to reduce just drop .25k (5mg Valium) wait 2 weeks and see how you feel.  If he only knew...😵

Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks!

The vodka method will work just fine.

Yes, some folks seem to do OK with water titration.  But some folks also just CT and do fine.  I can tell you that it is a fact of physical chemistry that diazepam is NOT water-soluble.

Using vodka to liquify is simple.  Draw out 2ml of vodka an put it in a jar, drop your table in, then after a few minutes, add 8ml or 98ml water, whichever ratio you prefer.  You can also make enough to last a week or more  using the same ratios (eg. 10mg diazepam, 20ml vodka, and 8 or 980 ml water.)  Store it in a sealed container at room temp.  Just draw out what you need each day.

I have successfully used water and so have many others.  The trick is to make sure the particles are suspended in the water. You have to shake the liquid very well and then quickly measure your dose.  It does take some practice.  Dry cutting was awful for me.  Once I switched to water I had no problems.

For the last week I have been using a couple of mL of vodka.  This also works well.

Anne

Thank you Anne...  Yes I am planning on using the vodka/water method.  I don't really trust the "just water" method and I can't afford to make anymore mistakes.  I can't handle dry cutting either especially with k.  It's so hard to know if it's accurate.

After participating on BB for a year I have seen people having success with a number of different daily micro-tapering methods.  I believe the key is for a person to pick the method that works best for them and then religiously stick to it using the same steps every day.  Any inefficiencies or losses associated with a particular method will average out quickly so that daily reductions over time are measured accurately.  Once the method is established and a routine built in, then it's important to listen to your body and adjust the taper rate as necessary to ensure that baseline symptoms remain tolerable throughout the taper. 

[0d...]

After participating on BB for a year I have seen people having success with a number of different daily micro-tapering methods.  I believe the key is for a person to pick the method that works best for them and then religiously stick to it using the same steps every day.  Any inefficiencies or losses associated with a particular method will average out quickly so that daily reductions over time are measured accurately.  Once the method is established and a routine built in, then it's important to listen to your body and adjust the taper rate as necessary to ensure that baseline symptoms remain tolerable throughout the taper.

http://www.danonymousracing.com/wp-content/themes/SimplePressTheme/images/like_button_full.png

I felt much better as soon as I switched to part liquid and cut the next day not knowing any better. It worked fine.

I also agree with Ben.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: