Author Topic: What is your favorite Oldie but Goodie Song ?  (Read 75496 times)

[Buddie]

What is your favorite Oldie but Goodie Song ?
« on: October 19, 2015, 09:40:45 pm »
Hi, love all the Oldies from the 60's, and thought why not start a thread and see what you liked.  my very favorite song was "Gee Whiz",by Carla Thomas, and a "Million to One", can't remember singer. "You've Lost that Loving Feeling". oh well, I have ton's of old [...]'s, and do enjoy that music.   :smitten:  "Angel Baby"  "A Thousand Stars"   etc etc.

Edit: Added smiley at members request
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:44:00 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: What is your favorite Oldie but Goodie Song ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 10:38:58 pm »
Loved Mony Mony by Tommy James and the Shondells.  Did you know it was about Mutual Of New York?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 10:45:21 pm »
You Gave Me A Mountain ~ Elvis

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 10:06:58 am »
                                                      "For Your Precious Love"     :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 01:11:44 pm »
I find it interesting how hearing a song from years past can take you back into an exact moment in time.  Whenever I hear [...] Payne's "Band of Gold" I am back in college in my dorm room lying on the bed with a book.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 01:36:38 pm »
Hey guys what about Youtube links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdqCtX4VCM

And The Kinks are still playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLtLOSp2DU

:D :D :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:42:11 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 02:02:45 pm »
Thanks for your contributions. also like "In The Still of  The Night' oh what memories''''''''''         :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 02:18:47 pm »
"Are you Lonesome Tonight" Elvis         :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 07:36:59 pm »
Vincent (Starry Starry Night). Don McLean

Love this song. Is so sad about Van Gogh, but he [...] plenty of beauty behind him in this world.

As McLean says ' This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you'.

The song is also fantastic in its own right. Also love McLean's American Pie.  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 10:27:48 am »
This was a favorite and right now i really think of it. "What a difference a day makes" 24 little hours, oh how true.''  :smitten: