Liquid taper with 5 mg pills

[Ba...]

How would I setup a liquid taper with 5 mg pills.  I'm willing to use either Vodka and water or whole milk.  Is it as easy as making a solution of 2.5 mg / 100 ml and then reducing a few ml per day (ie. poring some off the top), until I get to the next step.  Also, can I store what I throw out so it isn't wasted.  I've been dry cutting the 5 mg pills into quarters, but never really got used to 8.75 mg and 7.5 mg is hell.  I should have asked for 2 mg pills, but didn't think about it at my last visit.  I'm thinking I'll go back to 10 mg and start my liquid taper from there.

Also, can someone recommend a cylinder that's marked below 10 ml.  All of them I've seen start at 10, but I was thinking of disolving 2.5 mg in 5 ml of vodka.  Thanks.

I'm also interested in doing this. I only have 5 mg. Diazapam pills and want to break them in half and mix a solution with 2.5 mg.  I want to use milk.  Could someone tell me how to do this, I'm in such a bad state that I can't figure it out.  I have syringes here from when I took another liquid med bbut don't have something, other than a measuring cup to measure the milk with.  I also get confused with the ml. mg. etc.  I want to try to go down 1 mg. in around a few weeks or so.  I have been cutting and holding and have hit a brick wall.  S/x are horrible and maybe a microtaper with liquid would do me better but can't get my mind around it. Any help is so appreciated. 

How would I setup a liquid taper with 5 mg pills.  I'm willing to use either Vodka and water or whole milk.  Is it as easy as making a solution of 2.5 mg / 100 ml and then reducing a few ml per day (ie. poring some off the top), until I get to the next step.  Also, can I store what I throw out so it isn't wasted.  I've been dry cutting the 5 mg pills into quarters, but never really got used to 8.75 mg and 7.5 mg is hell.  I should have asked for 2 mg pills, but didn't think about it at my last visit.  I'm thinking I'll go back to 10 mg and start my liquid taper from there.

Also, can someone recommend a cylinder that's marked below 10 ml.  All of them I've seen start at 10, but I was thinking of disolving 2.5 mg in 5 ml of vodka.  Thanks.

Yes your vodka solution can be mixed in advance, and stored, at room temp.  And instead of "pouring some off", you can get an oral syringe and draw out what the amount you actually want to take.

Keep your solution at room temp, in a glass container with a gasketed screw top ( salad dressing jar, olive/pickle jar, etc)

Yes you can use 2.5mg with 100ml of milk. If you want to use vodka you would need to dissolve the 2.5mg in about 5ml of vodka first and then add 95ml of water to make the 100ml. Then it's just a case of working out how much you want to reduce each day.

There is no need to throw out any of your mixture. Just keep what you don't use for you next dose.

There's no need for a marked cylinder. All you need are a couple of small glass jars with good lids and some syringes.

I'm also interested in doing this. I only have 5 mg. Diazapam pills and want to break them in half and mix a solution with 2.5 mg.  I want to use milk.  Could someone tell me how to do this, I'm in such a bad state that I can't figure it out.  I have syringes here from when I took another liquid med bbut don't have something, other than a measuring cup to measure the milk with.  I also get confused with the ml. mg. etc.  I want to try to go down 1 mg. in around a few weeks or so.  I have been cutting and holding and have hit a brick wall.  S/x are horrible and maybe a microtaper with liquid would do me better but can't get my mind around it. Any help is so appreciated. 

You could use the same method as BackwardPawn (ie 2.5ml with 100ml), but if you're having some problems thinking it out clearly, it might be easier for you to put 2.5mg with 250ml of milk. That will make a straight 1:100 ratio and that is very easy to work out.

Basically once you've made your 250ml mixture (with 2.5mg valium) all you have to do is decide over how many days you want to drop 1mg. If you're on 15mg I'd suggest maybe cutting 1mg over a month. That will be roughly a 6% cut over a month which will be 0.03mg per day or 3ml per day. Of course you can adjust that up or down as you wish.

As for how to measure the 250ml, you could use a 10ml syringe (or larger if you can get one) although that would be a bit laborious to measure out. You could use a standard measuring cup. It would be accurate enough, as long as you always use the same one.

A little trick I learned is that I could measure my liquid on my kitchen scales. Mls are the same as grams when weighing liquid (although mine had an option for mls anyway), so I used to put my glass jar on the scale and "weigh" out the amount of liquid I needed. It was very accurate because I tested it numerous times with a syringe and it was always correct.

So this is what your dosing schedule would look like. Keep in mind that you are titrating 2.5mg at a time, so you would need to take that dose into account and take the rest of your dose as dry tablets. 

Day 1 – Drink the 250ml mixture

Day 2 – Make a new mixture and drink 247ml (you can either discard the rest or use it to make up part of your next day’s dose)

Day 3 – Make a new mixture and drink 244ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 4 – Make a new mixture and drink 241ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 5 – Make a new mixture and drink 238ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 6 – Make a new mixture and drink 235ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

After you've tapered this way for a while, you'll be more experienced and you could then consider cutting down on the amount of the milk you are using if you wanted to, although it's not necessary if milk isn't an issue for you.

I'd also like to say thanks for the information.  I just spoke with my doctor; she wants me to go back to 10 mg for now and then to cut down using smaller cuts.  I don't like going backward, but that'll give me time to get any supplies I'd need for micro-cuts.