HELP WITH A DAILY VALIUM MICRO TAPER - STRUGGLING

[tr...]

I am currently tapering Valium. Using a tablet and liquid compound method. It has gotten HORRIBLE as I have come under 1.5 mg of V. I have some questions about starting a daily micro taper.

I have very bad withdrawal symptoms. Too many to list. I would like to do a daily micro taper.

1. Should I updose back and switch to a milk titration and hold?

2.  Is it preferred to do under a 10% reduction of current dose to land softly?

3. My CNS  is very sensitive to changes.

Any advice would be gladly appreciated.

May/14- started 1 mg of Lorazapam for nightly use

August/14- cold turkey by doctor

September / 14 reinstated on Lorazapam

November / 14 - crossed to Valium @ 9mgs

January / 15. - 9 mgs

February/ 15 - 8 mgs

Mar /15. - 7 mgs

April / 15 - 6 mgs

May / 15- 5 mgs

June / 15 - 4 mgs

July / 15- 3 mgs

August 15 - 2 mgs

August 31- 1.50 mgs-  SLAMMED WITH LOTS OF WITDRAWAL. REAL REAL BAD

Sept/ 15 - 1.25 ng - Not stabilized yet

I posted a response here... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.msg1934750#msg1934750

Let me know if you need more information.

In response to your question... "2.  Is it preferred to do under a 10% reduction of current dose to land softly?" - percentages really don't work with daily tapering, and percentage cuts become fairly irrelevant on the low doses anyway, because the percentage has to increase as you get towards zero, otherwise you would never finish - ie the last cut you will always make, regardless of what dose you are on, will always be 100%.

You have to find a very small daily amount to cut and that has to be what you body wants. If you are currently on 1.25mg (with the possibility of going back to maybe 1.5mg) I would suggest cutting between 0.01mg to 0.015mg per day, which would be between 1ml and 1.5mg of a 100ml mixture and that would take between 66 days to 100 days to drop 1mg.

I replied on the other thread. Thank you very much. Can I stretched the taper longer by doing more holds or by using more liquid ?

You are in control and you can taper as fast or as slow as you want to. It is actually a very good idea to do holds every so often when doing a daily taper, because sometimes even those really tiny cuts can catch up with you.

You can also use more liquid if you want to, but still do the same sized cuts. All that will do is make the mixture less concentrated again, so the size of the cuts will actually have less valium in them. However, it's probably not necessary. The 1:100 ratio is a fairly weak concentration, so really all you would need to do is either reduce the size of the cut (say use 0.01mg instead of 0.015mg) or just do some regular holds.

I have said this a few times recently, but in hindsight if I was doing my taper again (god forbid..lol..) I think I would make a practice of doing a regular hold every month or so. Sometimes impatience gets in the way and you keep cutting even though you know you probably shouldn't, and all that happens is that you do a face plant and you need to hold anyway. Slow and steady is always the way to go.

Thank you for the reply. 😊

Yes, I guess face plant it what I did. Still holding on my dose for now to see if I can stabilize with the cuts I have done before proceeding.

Patience is the toughest part in all this, I agree. Especially waiting to see if the holds help.

I would assume the long holds are a good idea to allow things to settle down. I know I am ill from withdrawal but it is amazing how the Benzo can make you think that by taking it makes you worse.

Kind regards.