Extreme fatigue support page

[Lo...]

Hi everyone,  so ive noticed this issue hasn't been addressed much even though its a major issue . After my 8 week acute stage extreme fatigue hit me like a freight train, i was so weak going from my bed to the couch was a mission. I found this part extremely distressing combined with the anxiety and intrusive thoughts.  I want to start a thread for anyone needing support to get moving and anyone with advise do deal with symptoms.  Happy healing buddies!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [bc...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news is after 3 weeks symptoms seem to be letting up , i can manage to walk the dogs and do an hours work around the house but the rest of the day is still a write off. Its good to be moving again  :thumbsup:

Feel free to drop in anytime buddies!

i was thinking about starting a thread somewhere to cry for help from this fatigue. Going on month 5. just happy im not alone and i from what i read, it will pass. I will soooooo happy. i cant wait till the day i realize it. That will be such a good day.

Your not alone with this one mate! The fatigue is brutal, ive changed my diet as ive put on alot of weight being so couchbound but it didnt make any difference i can notice. I think your right time is the only cure and hoping to be up and about again soon  :)

Yes, fatigued off and on. In and out of bed almost constantly since I jumped 7-21-15.

I wish us all comfort and complete healing very soon!  :smitten:

Hi blessed how are you holding up ? Ive had a "good" week active for half the day before resting . Hoping this is the start of permanent healing . The DR, anxiety and muscle pain seem to have backed off alot , Apparently fatigue is the last thing to go in withdrawal so just trying to enjoy the time i have on my feet lol

Hi blessed how are you holding up ? Ive had a "good" week active for half the day before resting . Hoping this is the start of permanent healing . The DR, anxiety and muscle pain seem to have backed off alot , Apparently fatigue is the last thing to go in withdrawal so just trying to enjoy the time i have on my feet lol

Hello Lockie! :smitten:

I'm just now seeing your reply to me. I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. Body aches and pains have been my worst symptom the past few days, which in turn causes me to get in and out of bed on and off throughout the day. I hope your symptoms are much less for you.

I wish us all comfort and complete healing very soon!  :smitten:

Yes....... have experienced extreme fatigue, accompanied by depression and hopelessness.  I hate that combo.  I had it during my taper but it seems to be much worse now, about 3 weeks out. Would love to get rid of it. 

Hoping for better tomorrows for everyone.  Sending healing thoughts to all.  :smitten:

Nice to know someone else is experiencing this extreme fatigue dragging them selves through the day in and out of bed. I hope this changes as it is affecting my life in getting things done. Now I can push my self through the fatigue and get things done and quit worrying so much about the feeling.

This sight is God Sent to people who are dealing with this horrible drug. 

Glad everyone is getting into this group as this was a very extreme and distressing symptom for me . It throws my anxiety through the roof. I just want everyone to know your not alone!

I have changed my diet drastically to super healthy with lots of fruit and veggies , lean protein and minimal gluten - breads , cereal , crackers , ect . I have really turned a corner for the better in the last 2 weeks and i think this has helped along with natural healing. Whenever i have been feeling extremely lethargic i also find  bananas help a bit.

Please feel free to share any info or remedies that seem to work for you im sure other buddies would like to hear about them  :)

Happy healing buddies , i hope you all are keeping well  :thumbsup:

I'm feeling pretty lost in this endless cycle of insomnia and fatigue. I went two nights with zero sleep and then have had two nights with only brief microsleep (I'm assuming that happened since time passed but had no sensation of sleep). Facing the days is difficult and I wonder when sleep and energy will return. I have to drag myself to do the smallest things and they all feel like climbing Everest. I've been walking some the past few days again and I'm going to try to drag myself to weights and exercise class today. So. Hard.

Thanks for starting this thread :smitten:

Hi MT welcome to the group  :thumbsup:

i know what your saying about climbing everest , i was like this my whole taper . Going to the shops , walking the dogs even having a conversation with my best friend seemed like it was out of reach. Then when you make yourself do it the anxiety starts and you start planning the quickest way in and out before you even get there, sound familiar?

Its amazing how convincing the benzo lies are! For me personally the intrusive thoughts start , the "what ifs" . The truth is you NOT going to pass out, NOT going to run out of energy before you get back to the car. Its just the chemical imbalance feeding you these feelings that seem so real.

i jumped too early and the lies were all so real , i was convinced i wasnt going to make it. But im still here , still breathing.  The one thing ive learnt is if you need to rest then rest dont be so hard on yourself,  if you push too hard your going to suffer afterwards.

Anyway ive rambled on enough now , please feel free your experiences even if your having a bad day! We are all here to support one another!

Happy healing everyone  :)

I'm feeling pretty lost in this endless cycle of insomnia and fatigue. I went two nights with zero sleep and then have had two nights with only brief microsleep (I'm assuming that happened since time passed but had no sensation of sleep). Facing the days is difficult and I wonder when sleep and energy will return. I have to drag myself to do the smallest things and they all feel like climbing Everest. I've been walking some the past few days again and I'm going to try to drag myself to weights and exercise class today. So. Hard.

Thanks for starting this thread :smitten:

Oh wow, this is me  :smitten:

Good morning BB's!  :smitten:

Yesterday for the most part (at least half the day) was great! I felt a good 90% healed! I am so thankful! I wasn't in and out of the bed! I was actually out of the bed the whole time I was feeling so much better! By yesterday evening, I started getting a headache, so I took 2 soft gel ibuprofen, grabbed my tablet and ear buds, and watched a comedy Christmas movie.

Today, I am resting and watching TV.

I hope you all are getting some relief!  :smitten:

Stay strong!  :smitten:

Yay Blessed thats awesome , healing is starting to happen!! Its been similar for me too had 2 days on my feet and today was a total washout . Windows are getting longer and waves are getting shorter.  :thumbsup: its gonna be nice when we are getting more windows than waves :)

blessed41 and Lockie.......that`s wonderful!! :smitten:  Hope it continues and you get bigger and bigger windows. 

It is reassuring to read about other BB`s who are recovering from this horrific journey.  We will all get through this.....

Three weeks out, still struggling....but I did manage to get out to my drs appt this morning.  Some days that is not possible.  So that is one more thing to put in my ''Be Thankful For'' journal. 

Wishing you healing thoughts.  :smitten: :smitten:

Lockie and Blessed, so glad to hear you have good things happening and see healing in your lives. Knowing about other's healing process helps give the rest of us hope.

The waiting is so difficult. Pushing through the hours and days feels endless. I keep reminding myself I'm closer to being healed than I ever have been.

Keep healing and fighting BB with fatigue! :smitten:

Hi Becalm2 ,  welcome to the group!

I had to have a bit of a laugh at your name because this relates to my acute phase so well  :)

Congratulations on being benzo free for 3 weeks , this is a huge step and you should be proud of yourself! Even getting this far is a struggle that most people will never understand. You are right in the thick of it now and you need to hold on tight, things will get better i promise. Dont be too hard on yourself and if you need to rest then acceptance is the key. Too many times i pushed too hard and ended up in a nasty wave. Im really hoping you get your first window soon ,  It will happen!

Blessed i know what your saying , for me it seems like groundhog day. I wake up feeling crap and go to bed with a mini window and inbetween anything can happen and change from minute to minute. Considering 2 months ago i was bedridden 24/7 im pretty happy with the process so far lol.

Keep strong buddies ,  we got this  :thumbsup:

Sorry , MT that 2nd paragragh was directed at your comment , i misread that .......... Benzo brain  :D lol.

Blessed so happy your having a 90% window hope is lasts !!

Groundhog day is a great way to describe this. We keep hoping for a better outcome but then it's the same. Every night I think, "this will be the night I'll sleep" and then it doesn't happen and there's that oh-so-familiar been run over by a truck feeling in the mornings. I'd gotten rid of the am cortisol surges but I've been having more of them again too. There are simultaneous tracks for groundhogs day where some of them go back and revisit old symptoms and some are the same day in, day out, symptoms. Feeling normal, and not bad, is going to be such a miraculous feeling someday.

Hi Fatigue Buddies,

I have been bedridden for 11.5 months.  Fatigue + Anxiety at the same time is brutal.  I'm in bed all day mostly because I feel so ill.  I hope we start getting some energy and brain healing soon.

Sofa

Thanks Lockie for your encouraging words.  I guess three weeks doesn`t seem that big of a milestone, but its three weeks closer to being healed.  Some days it is hard to accept what is happening to our minds and bodies. 

I find that so many things that we used to do, that we took for granted, are now major accomplishments.  After going through the horrific symptoms of withdrawal, you really do appreciate all the little things (and the big things) in life so much more. 

Sending healing thoughts to all BB..... :smitten: :smitten:

Sofa.....so sorry that you are still batttling the fatigue and anxiety....two horrible symptoms to deal with.  Sure hoping you get some relief soon.  It is just around the corner, hang in there, times will get better.  The days seem endless, but we will all heal..... we just need to keep plowing through it. 

Sending healing thoughts..... :smitten:

Really struggling today with pain and fatigue. The fatigue has just hit me again at the same time as yeaterday. Pain is horrific too. Starting to think there is something seriously wrong with my neck. At work but cannot think at all. Would never have believed this at 18 months

Marj, I too feel slammed with pain and fatigue. My back doesn't seem to ever calm down now and I drag through every day looking for the absolute minimum I can do to get by. I was pleased, though, that I actually felt a little hungry at dinner time and I felt a bit more hopeful this morning after a night with more rest.

I'm sending healing and light to all of you and hoping we'll all be enfolded by recovery soon.